mdub Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I just received this in my email....

---

June 12, 2013
Restoring Individual Liberty and Privacy
Dear Friend,

It looks like everyone who warned me about the Patriot Act was right - we have all been systematically lied to. It is as though we live in a totalitarian police state, and I will do everything in my power to undo the damage done to our privacy, our liberty, and our Republic. As the Declaration of Independence states, "whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it..."

I intend to start by filing legislation to start systematically shutting down the federal government by restoring the 10th Amendment powers of the States and restoring absolute individual liberty and privacy. I will begin with shutting down the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and strictly limiting its mission to securing our borders and ports of entry and tracking, detaining, and deporting foreign nationals. I will also figure out how to repeal and/or roll back the Patriot Act to restore the absolute right to privacy that every law abiding American citizen is supposed to enjoy.

DHS should focus on its core mission and leave police powers and protecting lives and property to individual Americans under the Second Amendment and local sheriffs and the States under the Tenth Amendment. We should follow Israel's model for homeland security by focusing on behavior and people rather than focusing on objects. This is not complicated. Political correctness needs to be tossed out in favor of common sense law enforcement techniques and an absolute guarantee of privacy for law abiding American citizens.

I regret that I voted to create the Department of Homeland Security and I regret that I voted for the Patriot Act. I never saw evidence of abuse of our privacy because Congress was lied to just as the public has been lied to. I will work hard to undo the damage these laws have done to our liberty, our privacy, and our Republic. I will be a zealot on restoring our liberty and shutting down as much of the federal police state as I can.

Sincerely,

John Culberson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds more like a campaign than anything.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
C.....Y......A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it IS the first time I can recall seeing a politician admit he screwed up.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
you know, i SERIOUSLY have a case of the red @$$ and start getting worried when politicians use the words "common sense" with any political ideology. (common sense gun control, common sense law enforcement techniques, common sense immigration reform...)

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
He's owned,..fuggim,..

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/John_Culberson.htm

Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations. (Mar 2008)
Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
Voted NO on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)
Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Must be campaigning.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Bristoe
He's owned,..fuggim,..

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/John_Culberson.htm

Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations. (Mar 2008)
Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
Voted NO on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)
Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Yep big time cya.

It is my understanding that congress was briefed on this program; HE wasn't lied to and voted in favor of lying to US.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It's from a politician, don't believe him! The fugger's lieing to you! The next election is gonna' be a rough one for me 'cause there is no way in hell I'll ever vote a lieing, crooked, over-sexed Democrat and I don't like the dammed Republicans either 'cause I believe they are as big of liars as the others. If nothing else; they are useless because all they do is have "oversight' hearings and nothing ever gets done. It's about time they cut out the "OVERSIGHT" [bleep] and look the dammm problem right in the eye and correct it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Politician w/mouth open = lying

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
New member, one post on how great this congressman is.....

Probably from a paid PR firm.

HEY CONGRESSMAN, SHOW ME THE LEGISLATION!!!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
mdub Offline OP
OP Offline
M
yes new member, no not pr firm, looked like an ideal opportunity for my first post.

yes i agree its CYA, he's in the hot seat as are so many others like him. I'm tired of strait party BS, its time for them to think about what they are screwing up.

my only hope is that someone can run against him that's worth voting for...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Darrel
It's from a politician, don't believe him! The fugger's lieing to you! The next election is gonna' be a rough one for me 'cause there is no way in hell I'll ever vote a lieing, crooked, over-sexed Democrat and I don't like the dammed Republicans either 'cause I believe they are as big of liars as the others. If nothing else; they are useless because all they do is have "oversight' hearings and nothing ever gets done. It's about time they cut out the "OVERSIGHT" [bleep] and look the dammm problem right in the eye and correct it!
YOU SAID IT, sir.. Best post of the day, by far..

(big-time applause)...

smile smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mdub
I just received this in my email....

---

June 12, 2013
Restoring Individual Liberty and Privacy
Dear Friend,

It looks like everyone who warned me about the Patriot Act was right -

I regret that I voted for the Patriot Act. I never saw evidence of abuse of our privacy

Sincerely,

John Culberson

Anybody stupid enough not to have forseen this when the Act was passed is too stupid to be in Congress.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If any politician takes big money from a special interest group he or she is OWNED. That leaves folks like us out since all we can offer is a vote and not money. As we have seen time and again votes from our corner cannot beat big dollars from a special interest group. Greenbacks rule. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 50 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.