Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am looking at buying a Mahindra 4025 for maintenance around my property, Anyone have any experience with this brand? Positive or Negative. Thank You in advance.

http://mahindrausa.com/Tractors/model/25201/Mahindra-4025-4WD-Series-25-Compact-Tractor

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have had my 4110 for about 8 years now with a Bradco hoe attachment. Have not had any serious issues and I have used it pretty hard. Bought it primarily to dig my 600 ft driveway and spread the 40 or so tri-axles of gravel. If you are thinking about adding a hoe, consider the pto pump. The flow rates on the tractor pumps are usually to small. Now it mostly gets used for snow plowing, wood and picking up recently deceased whitetails.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank You, I will check into the PTO pump.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Be sure there's a dealer inside of the farthest distance you're willing to haul it if it needs service. Mahindra's the biggest tractor maker in the world but they don't have many dealers in the US yet.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks Rock Chuck, The closest to me is Olympia at about 80 miles give or take but still have a bit more homework to do wink

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A few guys at work have them, some run a swather and rake over quite a few acres with theirs. I asked last year and they said they had zero issues with them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a good tractor but with no one selling them. No way I would buy one where im at.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Cheesy
A few guys at work have them, some run a swather and rake over quite a few acres with theirs. I asked last year and they said they had zero issues with them.
Originally Posted by Cheesy

That is very good to know, Thank You very much. Larry

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have a brand-new 5010 with 25 hrs on it. It was actually built in South Korea, not in India. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows, but it has already been picked back up by the dealer and brought back to the shop for a new electrical system. The explanation was that starter solenoid developed a soul of its own and somehow ruined the electrical system. The dealer swore he'd only seen it two other times in 30 yrs dealing with tractors. Now the hydraulic system kind of screeches under load, gonna have to get that checked out. The tractor replaces a Kubota I had for 11 years without ever a single issue. I'm kind of afraid this tractor will be one I'll never have full confidence in and will always be wondering is it gonna work when I need it. It's an awesome 4WD with a front-end loader and it has awesome capability but I hope the kinks are worked out.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Cartod
It's a good tractor but with no one selling them. No way I would buy one where im at.

Yeah it makes sense if one has a warranty issue I sure wouldn't want to travel across the darn country getting it fixed.

With zero financing It is a attractive offer for someone looking to upgrade.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess it depends on where you live. I entered my zip code on the dealer deal and had 3 within 30 miles which is pretty good considering there's only 1 other town of where I live within 30 miles. Punched in the old zip code of where I lived in TX and they had 3, 2 in town and one another 45 miles away.

Otto is my co-pilot.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Right up front I'll say that I don't have a Mahindra tractor. But I would ask WHY would any American buy a tractor made in INDIA in this day and age? I know that American made does cost more but damn, people, what have the [bleep] Indians in Mumbai, India, ever done for this country but take jobs? Sorry, but I'd buy a used American tractor before I'd buy an Asian built one even though I know and have heard that they are reliable! Your bucks, your choice but it is not helping American workers either! That's just the way I feel; it's your decision!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MMM
I have a brand-new 5010 with 25 hrs on it. It was actually built in South Korea, not in India. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows, but it has already been picked back up by the dealer and brought back to the shop for a new electrical system. The explanation was that starter solenoid developed a soul of its own and somehow ruined the electrical system. The dealer swore he'd only seen it two other times in 30 yrs dealing with tractors. Now the hydraulic system kind of screeches under load, gonna have to get that checked out. The tractor replaces a Kubota I had for 11 years without ever a single issue. I'm kind of afraid this tractor will be one I'll never have full confidence in and will always be wondering is it gonna work when I need it. It's an awesome 4WD with a front-end loader and it has awesome capability but I hope the kinks are worked out.

That is real unfortunate but generally starter solenoids can go bad at any time with the market we have today, I hope everything goes well with your tractor.
My uncle has a Kubota and the parts are way to expensive compared to other brands.

Last edited by bethalhntr; 06/12/13.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Darrel
Right up front I'll say that I don't have a Mahindra tractor. But I would ask WHY would any American buy a tractor made in INDIA in this day and age? I know that American made does cost more but damn, people, what have the [bleep] Indians in Mumbai, India, ever done for this country but take jobs? Sorry, but I'd buy a used American tractor before I'd buy an Asian built one even though I know and have heard that they are reliable! Your bucks, your choice but it is not helping American workers either! That's just the way I feel; it's your decision!

I haven't done all that much research yet but I believe they are put together here by American workers, Kinda like Toyota.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by NathanL
I guess it depends on where you live. I entered my zip code on the dealer deal and had 3 within 30 miles which is pretty good considering there's only 1 other town of where I live within 30 miles. Punched in the old zip code of where I lived in TX and they had 3, 2 in town and one another 45 miles away.

I am right in the middle of two dealers, One in Olympia and the other in Yakima. With traffic considered Yakima probably is the better choice plus a nice drive over Chinook pass wouldn't be bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bethalhntr
Originally Posted by Cartod

Yeah it makes sense if one has a warranty issue I sure wouldn't want to travel across the darn country getting it fixed.

With zero financing It is a attractive offer for someone looking to upgrade.
Deere was also offering 0% financing. I'm not pushing Deere but it may be an option if you are looking for good eqt with good financing.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank You I'll check into that grin

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Hard to beat green for re-sale and parts when you need them.

Tractor brands come and go, dealers come and go. The John Deere record speaks for itself. Their dealers are the most financially stable in the business and green has been green since the beginning. No re-branding, no buy out by other companies, just consistent excellence over the years.

That said, at the retail level, it all boils down to the dealer, IMHO.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
few years ago Mahindra said they were going to sell a small diesel truck in the US market and I remember they passed EPA but were having problems with NHTSA, and have seen or heard anything since

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am bias.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 66 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.