Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
(Newser) � The head of the NSA told a Senate panel today that his agency's controversial surveillance had helped prevent "dozens of terrorist events," reports the Wall Street Journal.

Gen. Keith Alexander said he couldn't go into specifics but was working to declassify some of the details.

He did mention two cases in which the information helped bring about arrests, reports the Washington Post�that of Najibullah Zazi, who pleaded guilty in 2010 to plotting suicide attacks in New York City, and David Headley, who helped plan the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

Also of note is an exchange with Susan Collins in which she makes reference to NSA leaker Edward Snowden, reports ThinkProgress:
Collins: �I saw an interview in which Mr. Snowden claimed that due to his position at NSA he could tap into virtually any American�s phone call or e-mails. True or false?�

Alexander: �False, I know of no way to do that.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
do you believe it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wonder how the calls in Benghazi fell thru the cracks $$^^&@@#&&**....theazzhats

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...and the boston marathon incident.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
1) no, I dont believe it. I believe they may have run stings or cultivated an event and then busted the "john".

2) It doesnt matter at all what most of us think. what matters is whether enough people in congress think it.

3) Even if they busted one terrorist attack per month, I personally dont think it warrants the takeover of control and privacy we have experienced since fall of 2001.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by atvalaska
wonder how the calls in Benghazi fell thru the cracks $$^^&@@#&&**....theazzhats

this.

IMO a multitude of other scandals and "news" events have swept Benghazi off the headlines (where they ever there?) and into the annals of sort-of-history. What happened there is of monumental importance in illustrating who is running US policy. It wasnt and likely will never be dealt with appropriately.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
do you believe it?

Based on my own experiences behind the wall, I believe the General when he says Snowden is a liar.

I believe there is a War on Terrorists and we have no doubt stopped more than a few since 9/11.

I believe there is no way to stop them all including 9/11.

No way to be right 100 percent of the time when they only have to get it right once.

I believe Gen. Alexander (over some of those asking the questions) when he says his job is to get out the truth to the American people.

The NSA chief, who is also a four-star Army general who oversees the U.S. Cyber Command, said he is pressing to declassify information on how often the information has been useful. �I�m pushing for that,� he said. �We do want to get this right and it has to be vetted across the community so what we give you, you know, is accurate.�

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/nsa-keith-alexander-92669.html#ixzz2W36chTiZ

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Bristoe
do you believe it?

Based on my own experiences behind the wall, I believe the General when he says Snowden is a liar.

What do you think he's lying about?

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Seems to me that our Intelligence got Benghazi right but Hillary and Obama didn�t listen.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Also of note is an exchange with Susan Collins in which she makes reference to NSA leaker Edward Snowden, reports ThinkProgress:
Collins: �I saw an interview in which Mr. Snowden claimed that due to his position at NSA he could tap into virtually any American�s phone call or e-mails. True or false?�

Alexander: �False, I know of no way to do that.�

He is likely telling the truth. HE doesn't know how to do it, but that does not mean hundreds of people working under him don't, and when asked to, do.

Sounds like a set up question to me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Well, you believe that Palin is a RINO hunter, so I suppose...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
all this snooping did not do much to prevent those Chechen boys from blowing up Boston.

Sam......

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I thought that after the Boston bombing they said they were going to listen to the calls between the terrorist that was killed and his wife to see if she was involved. I don't know how you could listen to calls that had already taken place unless they were recorded. Am I rembering this wrong or missing something?

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
all this snooping did not do much to prevent those Chechen boys from blowing up Boston.

I think that is because the bombing was meant to justify the snooping?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
MORE LIES FROM THESE COMMUNIST LIBERAL LEFT HACKS RUNNING THE SO CALLED SECURITY FOR THIS COUNTRY.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't believe they are out there tapping into phone calls randomly. The real issue here is that every email, phone call and text we send, is saved and stored for possible future use. Personally I feel this is violating our constitutional rights.

"You've got to be slow in a hurry." Wyatt Earp
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we've learned early on that fear is the go to move to justify government tyranny.

If it weren't for what we were doing, thousands of Americans would be dead from terrorist attacks.....and tea party groups would be tax exempt.

I think those NSA use a Few Good Men as a morale booster

------

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
fug 'em I hope they all rot in hell, [bleep] the government, [bleep] the politicians, and [bleep] the people who support any of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

That one little statement is what some politico should have asked that pos. Plus he should have asked for documentation on the other claims and asked to know where they were imprisoned. BS just goes so far when you start asking the tough questions.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/12/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EWY
I thought that after the Boston bombing they said they were going to listen to the calls between the terrorist that was killed and his wife to see if she was involved. I don't know how you could listen to calls that had already taken place unless they were recorded. Am I rembering this wrong or missing something?

Ernie

Its all recorded on wide band.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 67 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,810
Posts18,477,583
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.