-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fellow whom I used to know turned the palm of his hand toward me, fingers close together, pointing up �

"Can you read between the lines?"

I could.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by kutenay
'Nuff said, I did some more research and now am certain what this really is; it is NOT anything to do with Texas or football as this was in a Canadian context.

I had this uneasy feeling and am,sadly, quite certain that it is what I had hoped it was not.

Helluva commentary on our world, to see a young person do this, eh.......

AYFKM?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stray round
Don't do that in Italy and probably other parts of Europe.

It means I slept with your wife.

Why would the Italians care you slept with Brother Barts wife?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stray round
Don't do that in Italy and probably other parts of Europe.

It means I slept with your wife.

Yes, it means cornuto. man whose wife has an affair is considered wearing/sporting antlers on his head and that sign means just that, antlers on your nogging because somebody else farks your wife.

Last edited by Czech_Made; 06/13/13.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don't think so, this was a picture of a young man, in Canadian battle dress, with other Canadian soldiers in a certain war zone.

I seemed to recall that gesture as having something to do with Satan, but, I was not certain, hence, my query.

For some here, I certainly AM concerned over a Canadian service person in uniform, thus representing the nation for which so many of my family bled in the same uniform, making a gesture like that for a photographer.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good grief. If your that damn concerned why don't you strap on a uniform and go show him the proper way.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't think anyone knows what it means. Some rock star probably did it at a concert once and 99.9 of the audience thought it was cool. The world is full of followers looking for a leader. And like others have said, it's nothing to worry about. Soon it will be something else, always has been, always will be. We were all young once.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Silly, it means he's killed that many kittens with gunfire today.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
kutenay, if the young man is in a war zone, im certain that he is more concerned about shooting and being shot at, or IEDs, or the needs of the next patrol mission. lighten up. been there. the priorities are a little more urgent than whether or not the folks back home will understand what my strange )to them) hand signal means.

we used to use the horns as a "rock on!" type of gesture - as in, "keep up the good work," and NOT as in any sort of satanic belief symbol. we used to use the Hawaiian shaka thing too, for the same reason: "hang loose, brother," but also because it drove a general insane that we were doing that to each other as a way to relax and show camaraderie between units, services, and friends. that general even put out a general order condemning and forbidding its use...which led to us (the ones actually in the field instead of sitting back and eating ice cream and coffee in the safety of an air condidtioned TOC) doing it more. and every generation at war has it's own symbolisms and customs.

my point here is that the general had the wrong priorities. don't become that general.

also, why are you concerned about his hand signal and how it shows character, when you open a post with a curse?

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Old guys dabbling on the internet is a scary proposition.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems that I remember Crossfires young stalker from Tennessee, with a picture using that sign. Can't seem to remember his name to do a search. blush miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by noharleyyet
It means be careful with a skil saw.

LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by kutenay
I just encountered a very disturbing photo on a "social networking" site, it is of a young man, with one of his hands clenched closed, except the index and little fingers are held straight out so that it looks like a head with "horns".

WHAT the f**k, IS this, could it be what I think it is and, given the situation with this guy, hope to hell it is not?

Anyone?

Kute, in Australia that means "look at me, I am a f_ckwit without the vocabulary to express myself".

Huh. That's what it means in Texas, too.

wink

Word!!

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta cover that one with a pillow......'sip

[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head
[Linked Image]

Ah sucks mah thum...

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 32 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.