Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Its interesting, I order pretty frequently from Midway(at least once a week) and I can't ever remember getting bullets in a envelope. Last week I got two seperate packages from them, one was just a box of bullets 185TTSX-.338 and the other was a body die and another box of TTSX's and both came in boxes.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've had zero problems with Midway and order 12-15 times each year.
I did have a box delivered via UPS that had busted open and been taped shut. Not Midways fault.
Midway filed the claim and I received the missing parts quick, before the claim was resolved.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now they've stopped responding to my e-mails. My last e-mail was a simple question on why they are requiring that I return two boxes of bullets, both paid for, to receive one un-damaged box in return. Seems like a simple answer, the only possible reply is "sorry, that was a mistake." Maybe they'll respond when I stop payment on the credit card charge.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been thinking about your thread here smoke.

I just received my shipment of the bulk 1000 pack of 139 Scenars. They are just in a big cardboard box, loose of course. That's the way they're shipped.

I'm sure your bullets that are rattling around in the bag loose aren't compromised and you shouldn't worry about it.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lots of them were visibly dinged up. Midway knows that because they asked.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

larrypotterfieldmidwayusa.com

Phone: 573-447-5117

Last edited by CoyoteChuck52; 06/14/13.

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
CPL Life Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
E-mail sent to Mr. Potterfield.

If he responds and makes the order good, it shows he's a stand-up guy. But my orignial comment on their CS stands; their CEO shouldn't have to step in to fix something like this.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I've had mixed results on packing with recent Midway orders.

I ordered a replacement heating element for my Lee Lead pot, 2 sets of dies and a couple of other small items. They arrived loose inside of a large flimsy envelope.
Nothing appeared to be damaged or broken, but I was upset that the electric element was NOT protected inside a box.
One of the die boxes was ajar.

For the cost of shipping, they should have used a box and a handful of packing peanuts or a wadded up newspaper to protect my items.

In extreme contrast to your expensive target bullet shipping fiasco:
I just received 4 tins of .177 pellets from Pyramyd Air. Each tin was in original factory packing and secured in a open cell foam pad cut to fit that size tin. The 4 tins in foam pads formed a block that was wrapped on all 4 sides in tape. This block was then secured inside of a snug fitting box.
The 4 cut outs were used as padded filler in the box.
I think King Kong could have played with that box and those pellets would have arrived in perfect shape.
Oh...and the nice lady Ruth that took my order at Pyramyd was very helpful. (My first order with them)
I will definitely buy from them again smile

Last edited by Dnalsi; 06/15/13.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I hope you're sure to let "Larry" know, and promise him you'll make sure at least 100 or more customers hear about his 'schiittty service!'

Last week I tried to order 3 muzzle loader parts (2X breech plugs and the wrench) from Midway, along with 50 lead Hornady conical bullets .....

They wanted $11 for shipping! Starting first with UPS, then handing-off to USPS for final delivery.

I pointed out USPS could have shipped (via PRIORITY MAIL) everything for less than $6!

Cancelled my order
after asking the CS rep to "promise me" she'd pass my complaint onto her super.

I imagine I was pissing in the wind, despite the thousands of dollars I've spent there the last 5-6 years! mad

And despite swearing off cheaper than dirt,

bought the same items there for $7 S&H!

(but thats after the CS-bastid wanted $14 for S&H,

and when I asked how much postage for the 3X parts less the conicals?

He said postage was $7 even though the computer said the package still weighed the same! He "adjusted" the $14 fee to @ $7 on his own (and I didn't cancel the conicals!)

Seems today's customer-service "reps" have the same schittty attitudes about the publik's money as the bastids in Whoresgheengton, DC (district of criminals!).

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, I just got an automated e-mail from Midway confirming my order for two boxes of scenars at a price of $0.00. Mr. Potterfield must have read tne email.

Good to see.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (10Glocks, 3dtestify, AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, 14 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,259
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.