Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The link i posted on statistics goes into that. One dept. had a 59% reduction in use of force issues

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
good thing we don't all live in TRH's fantasy world where it's a deadly weapon, huh?

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Idiot should have stopped when the lights came on.... The cop was to trigger happy with his taser.... he could have handled it bettr all the way around instead of tasing the guy right out of the truck.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dan360
If I could show videos on here of what happens when officers from my agency are too comfortable and spend too much time talking, I would. We recently had an officer contact a guy to ask him a simple questions. He leaned closer to the guy to hear the answer because it was loud in the area. The seemingly innocent guy then threw a haymaker and broke the officer's orbital socket. The next officer rushed over and tried to talk him down, and attempted to deploy her OC. The guy then punched her out too. A few moments later, several other officers rushed the guy and subdued him.

The perp had 3 previous convictions for custodial assault and assault on LEOs. An officer just walking up to the guy would never know that. The officer ended up with reconstructive surgery for trying to talk to the guy. These officers aren't issued tasers and have to rely on OC as their only non-lethal force method besides their hands.

Its incidents like this that make tasers an acceptable option. Nowhere in the job description states you will sacrifice life or limb for anyone, even though it happens all of the time.

How would a taser have prevented the cop from being sucker punched?

Sh.it happens...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brinky72
I would rather be gassed once a day for a week than ride the lightning again. The best way I can describe it is like being lit on fire for the longest five seconds of your life. Don't do it TRH. I will say this, all these videos of people getting tasered has made my life easy. When I get into a situation where someone is getting mouthy and aggressive all I need to do is reach for that funny yellow gun and they will literally put their hands up and sometimes go prone and give up.
The first year we were issued them I had used the taser probably a half dozen times. No, I wasn't trigger happy, just happened to work in a large city on midnights and dealt with taser deserving folks. I bet it has been nearly five years since I could have justified using one now. Word spreads fast and the simple presence of the taser calms situations.

I'm not a fan of the oc. I can tolerate it but it sucks. I didn't think the tasing was that bad.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The chick may not have been knocked out too. confused

I Burn While I See
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yeah, you have to stop and get the wind direction with the OC, not an issue with the taser. The tasing wasn't bad per se but I'm thinking it could have been handled better. Not like they didn't know they were being recorded and that this would be on you tube.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nah, I meant when I took the ride.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
One thing when the suspect exited the vehicle and failed to initially comply with the officers request to put his hands on the truck, and instead continued to advance towards him. Atleast warranted the threat of tasing, however i do bekieve i would have given him another warning before sendingbhim on the ride

The other absolute that i noticed was. That boy squealed like a girl when he hot lit up

Don't they all squeal like little girls when you light them up? grin

IMHO it looks as though the Cop may have dropped the switch a little soon, but there is no doubt the dude was confrontational and wasen't interested in complying with the cops orders.

I'd call it a good tasing.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As i said, i probably woukd have warned him again, but i dont think he was going to comply regardless. And who knows. Maybe he has a reputation for fighting i doubt it was the first time they have dealt with him, and he did appear to have a chip on his shoulder

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some scream like girls Paul. The bestbones are the ones that cry

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Some scream like girls Paul. The bestbones are the ones that cry

The best one I saw was a big black guy was coming up behind the cop on a dead run and was winding up with a big ole' roundhouse, The cops pard pulled the switch and he cried like a little girl and pissed all over himself. laugh laugh

Favorite one so far grin grin grin

I just may have a problem.....But I do enjoy seeing these dumbazzez get what they ordered.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I still twitch a lil every time I do a spark test. Lasting impression to say the least.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think the best one we had was right in our office. We had a guy who. Was about 6'7 and all of 500 pounds who was lnown to carry a cut off double bit axe ubehind his waste. We dealt with him at a bar fight ine night and my partner lit him up and he just stood there So he got a second ride and schit himself

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think the best one we had was right in our office. We had a guy who. Was about 6'7 and all of 500 pounds who was lnown to carry a cut off double bit axe ubehind his waste. We dealt with him at a bar fight ine night and my partner lit him up and he just stood there So he got a second ride and schit himself

Very funny...one of these days you will meet the fellow that hunts in the dark and comes back later when everything is forgotten.

Wish you luck.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nothin funny about that dude. When he is drunk he is scary as hell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Recon_Jim
good thing we don't all live in TRH's fantasy world where it's a deadly weapon, huh?
Look up the eggshell skull rule in law. If I smack you over the head with an empty plastic coke bottle, absent justification, and your skull collapses, leading to your death due to a particularly fragile skull on your part, that's classified as murder. In criminal law, the formulation is that the defendant must "take their victims as they find them." Thus, the inappropriate use of a weapon possessing any potential for physical harm (such as is the well-known case of a powerful electrical current) should result in a murder charge in the case of death.

There are many people for whom the application of a Taser will result in death due to a particular vulnerability (e.g., a heart condition), thus the misuse of said device leading to death in such cases ought, according to our legal tradition, result in a charge of murder brought upon the user. In such cases, the device is deemed a deadly weapon.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mustang22
I wonder how many of those 2,000,000 would have ended with the use of lethal force had a taser not been available.

Tasers are not a substitute for deadly force. That is a common misconception.

They occupy the same space as the baton and OC spray on the Use of Force Continuum.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There are many people for whom the application of a Taser will result in death due to a particular vulnerability (e.g., a heart condition), thus the misuse of said device leading to death in such cases ought, according to our legal tradition, result in a charge of murder brought upon the user. In such cases, the device is deemed a deadly weapon.

This is another common misconception of the Taser.

You are wrong.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
As i said, i probably woukd have warned him again, but i dont think he was going to comply regardless. And who knows. Maybe he has a reputation for fighting i doubt it was the first time they have dealt with him, and he did appear to have a chip on his shoulder

He might have been on of those 2% the cop knew by name.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,778 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.