-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 118 of 229 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 228 229
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks Eddy. I was curious. I was looking at Sierras site and they advised a 6.5" twist.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
90 grain Berger VLDs stabilized in a 8 twist Brux 22-6mm I had for awhile.

I would build a 243, 243 Ackley, 6XC, or 6 Creedmoor every time over a big 22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Thanks Eddy. I was curious. I was looking at Sierras site and they advised a 6.5" twist.

Travis

They will spin up in a 223 with a 7, the larger case stabilizes them easier. I am waiting for the day someone will build a super high BC monometal bullet for the .224 CFs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
I'm with ya',in that it's funnier than to be "bragging" up buying frozen Shrimp.

Speaking of "frozen shrimp" ....... Kinda ironic coming from the Alaskan midget.

Laffin'

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
southtexas,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you compliment your initial Whine,by Re-Whining. Congratulations?!!?

As per always,please use as much Imagination and Pretend as you deem requisite to find me "mistaken" and I will happily take the time to rub your nose in your own [bleep] Stupidity. I'll of course use leetle words,that'll fit inside your Tinfoil Hat. Laffin'!

Noone can out-Whine a [bleep] Texan.

Mojo,

Groovin' on how you roll.(grin)

Shefire,

Mebbe you'll be able to scrounge enough pop cans this week,for a BWT next weekend?!? Laffin'!

Entertaininger than [bleep],just how badly you need your Imagination and how "real" it is to you. You really should consult THE Guinness Book and mention if only in passing,that you are THE Do Nothing [bleep] of repute and you've amassed an INCREDIBLE tally,in that no matter where you Pretend to go...you remain a clueless inept Do Nothing Dumbphuck. All you'd haveta do,is show 'em the hour meter of your couchbound [bleep] and they'd pat you on the back and say "you'll make the cover!". Laffin'!

As per always,I'm lookin' forward to the next installment of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been.

Bless your heart.

'Hank,

Alaska has been on my Bucket List for quite a spell and I read all the F&S I can get my hands on,to feed that fire. Been savin' for 8yrs now and figure in another 12,I'll have the jack to make a BWT there.

Where might you recommend a Cheechako light,for a two-day test drive?

Thanks!

Klik',

You sappy dumbphuck,the 700's still kicking your azz?!!?

Now THAT schit was [bleep] funny!

Wow +P+!

'flave,

In a beeger case,a 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI is as much RPM as I go. The Rocktucky is a Mike 7".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As boolits go,few things are of less interest to me than SMK's and especially a .224" 90. Sierra routinely gets a scald on lotsa bearing surface and poor profiles,either of which are easy to pass upon and in conjunction,run from. As terminal affects go,they are bottom rung "performers" to boot...so it's a clean [bleep] sweep,which may horn someone else up.(grin)

While it remains a constant,that boolits matter far more than headstamps,a gent is best served by looking at the WHOLE enchilada. The more needles that are threaded,the sweeter the satisfactions,both in the long and short term. Paper and steel die easily and them pursuits is forgivin',in regards to jacket construction and boolit integrity. Critters is a leetle tougher to "impress".

If a 8" .224" leaves you lookin' for more,you need to add diameter...not twist.

Now if only to get The Whiners Re-Whining,I'm wrappin' up a leetle initial Samtucky R&D. The 1-9" rates mention first,due it being No Man's Land in a 223,beings the ONLY thing for certain in it's regard,is dat nothin' is certain. 9" is a bitch. Easy for me to say,because I'm got some that do and some that don't,along with a keen interest in seeing round 75A-Max holes.

Anywhoo...the Samtucky just simply [bleep] ROCKS. It's digested over 1000rds,only 15 of which were not 75A-Max(squirted some 50V-Max as an intro Precision Baseline,as per my usual). As it sets,the LW's are concentricer than [bleep],but bridge height/angle,only grants 23MOA of remaining "up",from it's 200yd zero. That's 850yd dope,with 75's,which is a fair to middlin' start. That load will stay supersonic to the 1200yd line,which is a nice place to chop dope in this instance,due my LRF's ceiling. That's a 41MOA poke and a 20MOA base nudge,would get me there and grant the warm/fuzzy. Hate to add weight,but DD/PosiLign's shine in sucha instance. Hint.

I doubt it's "broke-in" yet,but's it's just gotta be gettin' closer,given an R&R of Runnin' & Gunnin'.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now as a retrospective of sorts and if I recall correctly...I've more than one .224" bore sized rifle,in more than one twist rate. In overview of all them killer wares,the Montucky is farrrrrrrrrrr and away,THE pick of the litter. That under the obvious constant,that the magfed and throat kissin' 75A-Max are stacked (5) deep in the belly and ready for action.

'Course it's easy for me to say,I got it all.(grin)

'goat,

We's on the same page...regarding .224" case capacity.

Eddy,

I cain't like SMK's or Bergers of any form/flavor in any of my .224's...whether 7,7.7,8,9,10,12 or 14".

As per always,the 75A-Max rates buildin' a rifle around.

(Addendum: for Cub's couchbound [bleep].)

Just curious here. What are you and your Imagination gonna Pretend to "do" today?!?

Laffin!

(Re-'dendum:)

Running around like a Rat on Acid,boolits in the tumbler,cases in the block,shooting a new lot of pellets out the back sliding door,brewin' coffee,sortin' rimfire fodder by thickness and forgot the most important thing.

What color should I paint the Samtucky? Figured I'd give it a break today and paint it,before it got too rough to even paint.(grin)

I realize The Do Nothing Gang is steeped in color crayons,cartoons and the like,so only reckon it as being "fair"...to grant The Couch Lizards opportunity to finally put their Imaginations to good use.

Laffin'!

BEST Thread Evah.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Trav:

I picked up a couple of boxes of them ( 100 ) and they stabilized just fine in my 1 in 7 twist 22.250.. Its a Pac Nor barrel, on a Ruger Action...

so my experience mirror's Eddy's.. for accuracy, mine really liked H 1000 & 4064

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Per usual... same Schitt, differ'nt day... nuthin of value...

plenty of whining on other forum members in a 3rd grade fashion...
followed by kissing his own ass per usual... nothin' new here...

Happy Father's Day any way Schmuck!

here's to hope'n you don't get too drunk and fall down the outhouse hole again this year... bet you really hated to having to take a bath in the sprinkler before the little woman would let you back in the house again...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Just curious here. What are you and your Imagination gonna Pretend to "do" today?!?

Laffin!

Celebrate Father's Day with the girls and grandchild. Church and a Q will do it.

Happy Father's Day to you Larry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gots to post some bluritude from yesterday schleppin and shooting the Nikon and .223 vanilly...

75 Amax at 2975 fps at 118 yds (chock full 'o Varget and kissin' at 2.470")

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Snapped him before he hid for good...

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our version of the Komodo... smile

Got within minimum focus distance while he watched warily (all I had was my 80-200 lens with me)...

Needed more DOF. Was so busy trying not to spook him I wasn't paying attention... blush

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some cacti bluritude...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been snapping more pics recently and forgot the fun factor tho I claim no expertise...still, thinking of upgrading my light box...

What are you guys running?

Been looking hard at a used or reconditioned D7000 cuz I already got the Nikon lenses and it'll do everything I want without the cost of a FX which I don't need.

And man do I love the learning curve on digital...was just ruminating on the 'old' days when I was learning on a 35 film loaded with Velvia and carrying a notebook to write all my settings down and bracketing about every shot so when I got the prints back I could study my errors... crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...

Stick (or others),

Have you run any of the big 6mm's? If you're building one around the 105 Amax or 115 Dtacs (paper/steel on the Dtacs) would you stick with the .243 AI or go 6-284, 6mm AI, or larger, like 6-06 AI?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Happy Fathers day to all you here. Went out and slayed the specs/crappies today with the misses. Just a little paddling, 16' Old Town canoe worked perfect for getting in shallow. Beautiful day, light breeze and pushing 80F.

MojoHand; Kick ass pics. A 243AI or non would be plenty enough for what you're looking to shoot.

Stick; per usual GFY, you still have nothing for fact and never will. I see you can't quit being a prick even on Fathers Day. Sober up and be with your family for once, try something new.

Last edited by brinky72; 06/16/13.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I tell ya, its a good thing they pay us for this or I'd be out ta here laugh

Yup ... somedays better than others. We had some BMs here that had to do a bunch of welding wearing full acid gear. I only had to suit up and pop in for the inspection. Those poor souls had to spend the whole shift in there wearing the full acid get-up.

Eesh. I've never had to go that hard core, yet. And glad for it. The smelter job was full face mandatory and could drive a guy nuts, especially the welding full faces which gave you about a 4"x4" window to look through. Felt like a damn astronaut. Me and the other Millwright-Welder looked at each other and just shook our heads laugh

1/2" 7350 at 330 amps till the whip was too hot to touch sucked too, though I don't think I can biitch to a BM about whips getting hot laugh I think you fuggers get all those good welding jobs :P How many miles of 3/16" 7018 have you laid down in your day Paul?

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...

Stick (or others),

Have you run any of the big 6mm's? If you're building one around the 105 Amax or 115 Dtacs (paper/steel on the Dtacs) would you stick with the .243 AI or go 6-284, 6mm AI, or larger, like 6-06 AI?

Have you tossed the idea of the .240 Wby?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice pics MJ.

Hey Boxer,
They is Midway blems......a 1000 of 'em.
Some moly'ed already. grin
Life don't suck.

Good schit, Fishinhank.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
How many miles of 3/16" 7018 have you laid down in your day Paul?

ZERO miles of rod. No welding for me. I'm the guy who does the inspection before and after the welding. Mag, dye, radiography and ultrasonics. Also have a API653 for bulk storage tank repairs, so I stay busy enough, mostly here at the refinery.

All girly work according to the Alaskan Shrimp.

Laffin'

Page 118 of 229 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 42 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,641
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.