Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 119 of 229 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 228 229
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thought you use-ta be a Boilerhound before you got into NDT?

Im starting to take note of your advice you gave me a couple years ago regarding NDT training...I see what you were trying to tell me..

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

Im starting to take note of your advice you gave me a couple years ago regarding NDT training...I see what you were trying to tell me..

Our union (QCC) affiliates with the Boilkermakers and Pipefitters. I just happened to go BM the day I started.

It's a very good trade with a lot of flexability. I've only been off work maybe two or three months in the last 11 yrs and that was only when I was just starting out. We just had one guy leave our shop and head out west who will make over $300,000 this next year. I'm trying to stay put here and home at night. Still makes a good living. Contrary to what the Frozen Shrimp will say we don't have seniority in or contract, so we do have that to hide behind. If we don't work, we're not employed. Simple as that.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shefire,

Of course nothing has changed. You once again sat on your [bleep],amassed couch hours and frosted your Imagination with another Whine.

Keep "hard charging",as only you can.

Laffin'!

Cub',

Use as much Imagination and Pretend,as you deem requisite,to "preclude" women from your vocation. Is it the "physicality" or the "smarts"?!!? Now THAT is some seriously [bleep] funny schit!

Why is it that you THE dumbest of [bleep],always have a Union to hide behind/in and gloat in that ineptitude?!? I love it when the Union crashes and Reality sets in...then the inept REALLY get to [bleep] Whinin'.

That is just simply [bleep] precious.

Wow +P+.

Mojo,

Been contemplatin' giving Photography a whirl myself,some day. Seems like it'd be fun. What I've heard through F&S in it's regard,is that it's all about the glass. I reckon that sorta makes sense. Could see my snaggin' some used upper echelon Pro bodies and sound glass,then seeing WTF could be did.

[Linked Image]

If I had ever shot film,I'd of prolly like Velvia's increased saturation too.

As to an overbore 6mm...I just cain't know about that. Don't make much sense to me or F&S,to drive a belted '06,when one could yield like capacity in superior means and yield more forgiving logistics. I haven't shot/got any of the chamberings you cite,except for all of 'em.

I hear good things about the 243AI and if I recall,it has to do with Precision,Oooooomph,COAL,logistics and mild manners. I think it were Townsend Whelen who said: "light done right,has no [bleep] equal and nothing [bleep] else is remotely interesting".

[Linked Image]

Old bastard mighta been onto sumptin'.

Brinky,

As per always,if you start by [bleep] yourself...you'll always get more poozy. Laffin'!

Do tell about your 243AI,sounds like a Good 'Un. Laffin'!

Ain't it funnier than [bleep],that no matter the day...you remain a Do Nothing [bleep] and all the Imagination in the World,can't change that. Looking forward to a fresh batch of excuses.

You Do Nothing Dumbphucks are a hoot...especially you Lying [bleep].

Bless your heart.

hunternm,

Really a 240Wby? You Cat Lovers are a [bleep] riot!

Wow.

SLM,

Gots me part of a frame in Blurtitude.

[Linked Image]

Then I turned The Dude and his wingman loose...walked away and let 'em do their thang.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G8486.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G8492.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G8509.jpg[/img]

I look forward to makin' it Famous and in short order.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You can not half ass bluritude. It is an art form that must be done correctly.

You are not doing it correctly.

Keep trying though and don't get discouraged, not everyone can master it as quickly as I did.

You'll want to pay real close attention to what I'm going to tell you...... If going to take pictures of critters, make sure the little card is in your camera. It does not work with out the little card.

Last edited by SLM; 06/17/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nickles and dimes, but an old boy I knew that was a fairly advanced amateur photog (far before the digital era), started selling quite a few of his pics to assorted venues like calendar printers and the like, eventually got to sell some to magazines.

Some wildlife pics, mostly scenics taken in the rural areas he traveled. Never had any trouble unloading pics of covered bridges, farms and farm buildings, scenic streams, etc.

Did a decent job of augmenting his retirement thattaway. He figured he was already taking such pics for his own enjoyment, might's well gain some extra money from it? He's long dead now, or I'd inquire as to who he dealt with back then.

'Course in this day and age with lots more folks getting into it with digitals, might now be a more saturated market, compared to the 70s, 80s and 90s?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
SLM,

I will agree that having a memory card in your camera is definitely in order.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's rare that I go afield without a camera. IMHO it adds another opportunity for both entertainment and enjoyment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hunting, shooting, reloading and photography are hobbies.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It also helps an old fart remember who, what, when and where.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_1145_zps1a844a57.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN1617_zps4ec54c11.jpg[/img]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I am trying to get in the habit of taking my camera more. I guess now I need to get in the habit of making sure the camera is going to work. grin

It appears you are not as good at bluritude as me either.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Gedub,
If you don't stop showing all those fancy rifles I am leaving mine at home when I come down! Man in the "He who dies with the most toys wins" Contest you are well in the lead my friend. Of course no envy here you earned them.

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Gebub, What caliber rifle is that next to the ringtailed cat. It sure has a different stock. You surely take some fine photos. Not to mention some really fine guns.

Molon Labe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Gebub, What caliber rifle is that next to the ringtailed cat. It sure has a different stock.

Both the rifles are 22-250 Rem. The rifle you asked about it a Remington 700. Like it�s Cooper cousin, it is a single shot. The barreled action was smithed by a guy out of New Branfels Texas by the name of Dietz. Don�t know whether he is still alive nor not. He used to advertise in the Varmint Hunter Magazine. I took it up to him and he said yeah, that was his stamp on the barrel but he said the stock was not his.
Years ago when I first started collecting guns, one could go into a pawn shop and "dicker" these days many of the "majors" don't sell firearms, and are many times out of sight on the price. At that time I had a circuit of pawnshops I used to haunt. I'd cherry-pick 'em. That is the case with this one. I think it was built in the mid 80�s. I picked it up sometime around 1995 for around 5 Benjamins IIRC. An old benchrest shooter evidently had gotten in a pickle and came in and pawned a bunch of guns. I saw this one and put it on lay away and paid it out. I'm not sure what type of wood was used for the stock. It has a heavy stainless barrel crowned at 26", is pillar bedded, and the trigger is one of the best of any Remington I�ve encountered. It is a shooter with the 52gr. Berger F/B Varmint, 210M primers and an OAL of 2.350�.
Back when I was into higher magnification, I'd picked up a couple of the Tasco World Class Plus II Scopes in 10 x 40 x50 w/fine crosshair and target dot. That's what it wears to date.

Best

GWB

IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
geedubya, thanks for the information on that old rifle. those old custom guns sure are fascinating to me. Nice information on the purchase. When I visited Tx. I loved going into the gunshops or pawnshops that carried guns. Saw some fine stuff there. Again thanks for the story.

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Batteries. Always carry some extra batteries. frown

Or remember to check battery level and card space, ahead of time?

At least twice I've had decent bucks wander up fairly close while I was hunting turkeys and discovered my pocket digital's batteries were at the end of their rope.

Another time I had a good whack at a critter pic and the card was full. By the time I deleted a few images, the moment had passed.

Sucks to be old and forgetful.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

Our union (QCC) affiliates with the Boilkermakers and Pipefitters. I just happened to go BM the day I started.

It's a very good trade with a lot of flexability. I've only been off work maybe two or three months in the last 11 yrs and that was only when I was just starting out. We just had one guy leave our shop and head out west who will make over $300,000 this next year. I'm trying to stay put here and home at night. Still makes a good living. Contrary to what the Frozen Shrimp will say we don't have seniority in or contract, so we do have that to hide behind. If we don't work, we're not employed. Simple as that.

The Millwrights Union is no different, if you're a plug you get 2 months a year of work. If you're good you get name hired and work all year. A good friend who's also in our hall is up at Detour Lake at the gold mine that was just built, the GF fired 4 guys in two weeks due to "being [bleep] stupid" laugh . Too many people think of the UAW/CAW and associate them with our trade/construction unions and really, we couldn't be more different.

Last edited by archie_james_c; 06/17/13.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There cheap enough, that I usually have an extra card or two in the camera bag for such occasions.. as you say, it really sucks when you have a special moment and then find out the gas tank is out of gas...

G'Dub...

great pics as always... I am partial to sun sets myself.. and you have posted some beauts lately....

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by dubePA
Batteries. Always carry some extra batteries. frown

Or remember to check battery level and card space, ahead of time?

At least twice I've had decent bucks wander up fairly close while I was hunting turkeys and discovered my pocket digital's batteries were at the end of their rope.

Another time I had a good whack at a critter pic and the card was full. By the time I deleted a few images, the moment had passed.

Sucks to be old and forgetful.

Laffin', I charged the battery all night the night before.

For the camera you perverts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, essentially you're now saying that your bedside maiden w/anatomically-correct features, requires no batteries?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
So, essentially you're now saying that your bedside maiden w/anatomically-correct features, requires no batteries?

Do you have one of those "Spank to charge" models?

Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not me! Old fashioned (dumb) enough to have one that charges herself.

Generally over something I haven't done yet (and she's tired of waiting), more than anything I actually did.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

No..just a pump.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not me! Old fashioned (dumb) enough to have one that charges herself.

I need to try one of those.

I'm tired of patching the holes in mine.

Page 119 of 229 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.