The only rule is, there ain't no rules.
Vote early, vote often.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
British Columbia.

It has the Canadian Rockies, the Pacific shore line, Vancouver Island, and some of the nicest, most gracious people on earth.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon:
With the understanding that I've not lived in any province east of Saskatchewan as yet - my wife being from Manitoba I spent "some time" there before we were married though - I'll start the bidding with our current home province of BC.

We live in a semi-desert here in the south Okanagan. That is 3 kinds of sagebrush, prickly pear cactus, Ponderosa Pine kind of country.

The little mountain behind our house, looking south onto Vaseaux Lake.
[Linked Image]

If you like it a little more lush and green you can drive up the valley a few hours to the Revelstoke country.
[Linked Image]

Or a couple valleys over into the Kootenays.
[Linked Image]

The coastal range out of Pemberton is picturesque - if you're into that sort of thing.
[Linked Image]

You can hit the big water on the coast too if that's more your speed.
[Linked Image]

There are lots of water falls here.
[Linked Image]

And some more there.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/scenery/Trip0060.jpg[/img]

There's big trees too if you like that sort of thing - some folks do....
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/scenery/2007summer022_zpsb6ab00a4.jpg[/img]

Then again, we've got some pretty good sized trees just above the house maybe 20 minutes up the mountain. That's my rifle and a NICE frame leaning against the leaning tree.
[img:center]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/BC30cal/scenery/Trip0022.jpg[/img]

I'll open with that for now and won't pull out the wildlife photos until it looks like I need to... wink

All the best to you in the upcoming week sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/18/13. Reason: why is it I can't seem to figure out west from east when I post?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If people are to be considered as part of the "beauty" of the area:

Yukon Teritory has fewest so I rank #1 followed by BC if you give Hongcouver to the folks in Seattle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yukon or the Mackenzie mountains of the NWT.

The ragged range that's on the Yukon/NWT border is very impressive!

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Seriously?

The most spectacular region of Canada, arguably the most scenic nation on Earth and,even with the curses of "non-traditional" immigration and "Official Multiculturalism", which have degraded our society severely, see above, ...Hongcouver... and the East Indians are FAR worse, is unquestionably "Beautiful British Columbia".

Alberta, has SOME fabulous scenery, in the "East Slopes" and "Kanaskis Country" and the Yukon and NWT also have some spectacular areas.....but, not in the variety and abundance of BC, which is now poised on the edge of becoming another over-populated, over-"developed" and "trendy" mountain area....but,some yet remains.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You guys are killing me, with these pic.s I'd rather be anyone of those places than sitting here, pretending to be working!

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
B.C. has jumped out to an early lead. It is easy to see why.
Lucy Maud Montgomery made a strong case for P.E.I.
I understand there is a falls in Ontario?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ya Canucks kill me....

what is the most beautiful province or territory in Canada?

as one of your southern Neighbor's.. the only place in Canada that I have not been is Nunanuts...( which I call it that, as any veteran of AR will remember that is where one of your worst citizens EVER ended up....BBBruce... but I disgress)....

I've traveled extensively since college days, from the end of NewfieLand, up into Labrador on the east end, all across the other provinces all the way to BC, up in the Yukon and some of the MacKenzie Range to Yellowknife.. spent plenty of time in little PEI, Nova Scotia... and openly admit, my favorite city in North America being Quebec City.....

so I can say, just about ANYWHERE IN CANADA is a wonderful place to be.. the lack of crowds as compared to the USA, make Canada wonderful place to visit.. hell even the built up parts of Ontario aren't half bad for cities...

I do dislike the way your nation has also been polluted over my lifetime of visiting it with foreign 'immigrants'.. and yes, the liberals have sold Canada out over the last 40 years....

but it is still a wonderful place that I think a lot of you don't appreciate enough... and MOST of your folks up there are some of the best folks ya could meet anywhere...

don't get me wrong, I love the USA also.. just the older I get, the more affection I have for mother nature, and time has made me less appreciative of people in general, but we can thank leftists and liberals for that one....

naw, God has blessed each of you Canucks with being able to live in a beautiful nation, from coast to coast and north to south...

I've traveled all over Canada ( and not necessarily in the urbanized parts although I have been there also) and have even worked in Canada for a couple of years...

I can't recall one spot in your country or one day that I have spent there that I did not enjoy.... and there is a lot of beauty in that also...

God and Mother Nature has certainly blessed Canada and all Canadians....

just my 2 cents from south of the border...( and we ain't talkin' Mexico )....Eh?

( sorry guys, I forgot to translate this into Canadian so you knew what the hell I was talking about!!! silly me...)

Last edited by Seafire; 06/18/13. Reason: translating into Canuckian so they will understand it..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Over population is killing the wild areas around the world.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
My son-in-law from Manitoba made the comment that my family and I live in a part of Canada that everyone else pays money to visit. It's pretty, for sure, but BC is also pretty picturesque with them high rock hills and all.

I appreciate Seafire's post -- it's all good.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cape Breton is pretty spectacular though I would imagine the winters could be a tad nasty.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are so many places that are beautiful here. I've lived in or been to Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Northwest Territories, Yukon and BC. Each one of them had something fantastic to offer. Each one had places where you just stop and say, "Man, this is awesome".

Having to choose one is pretty tough, but I'll have to go with BC. You have numerous mountain ranges - Coast, Monashee, Selkirk, Purcell, Cassiar, Skeena, Cascade, Rockies etc etc.

Just past the Coast Mountain range and heading towards the interior plateau:
[Linked Image]

The Okanagan has already been mentioned - and to that I can add excellent wineries and orchards provide a cornucopia of delights from late spring until fall.

There are other areas certainly worth mentioning for those who enjoy chasing big game- the Tahltan and Tagish Highlands, Yukon Plateau, Muskwa-Ketchika and so on.

River fishing? How about the Deena, Nass, Skeena, Cranberry and I could go on.
Here is a picture of the Skeena from last year.
[Linked Image]

and a Coho from the Tlell River
[Linked Image]

The coast offers excellent scenery and fishing for salmon, halibut and all sorts of bottom fish plus tuna if you have the kit.

North, Agate and East beaches offer +60 miles of sand, surf, dungeness crabs and LOTS of razor clams:
[Linked Image]

Let's get out there for the halibut, ling cod, salmon, crabs, prawns and maybe a sitka blacktail....
[Linked Image]

The interior offers up an abundance of freshwater lakes where you can find bull trout, dolley varden, lake trout, burbot, rainbow trout (up to +10lbs in some places), kokanee and more. In smaller pockets you can find smallmouth bass and pike.

From a solo trip I did on Teslin Lake - starting in the Yukon and cutting back down into BC:
[Linked Image]

There are also huge fields of wild flowers growing everywhere. The smell is almost fairy-tale like....
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/1899/Rubyintheflowers.jpg[/img]

Obviously that is just a tiny part of what is available here. To me the availabilty of hunting opportunities also make BC "pretty": Rocky Mountain and Roosevelt Elk, Mule, Whitetail, Blacktail and Sitka Deer, Grizzly and Black Bear, Caribou, Stone (including Fanin), Dall, Rocky Mountain Bighorn and California Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Moose and a variety of smaller quarry like wolf, lynx, wolverine etc.

All in all this a pretty nice place to be.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Arac, beautiful pics. Makes me want to get out he fly rod!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Just a little slice of NW Ontario in the fall. My favourite season here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That next to the bottom pic looks like a place I was hunting near Dryden. I agree NW Ontario is someting special!

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
All you fellows have me more confused than ever.
If you would be so kind as to wire me money for gas, lodging, and vidals on the road, I'll sort it out myself. It may take a couple of years, but I'll promise to report back as soon as I settle the issue.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
BC
Simply because of the diversity which also speaks to the unrivaled number of big game species available to hunters.
12 plus Cali Bighorn, and Sitka Blacktail.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tangozulu
BC
Simply because of the diversity which also speaks to the unrivaled number of big game species available to hunters.
12 plus Cali Bighorn, and Sitka Blacktail.

1. Roosevelt Elk
2. Rocky Mountain Elk
3. Grizzly
4. Black Bear
5. Caribou
6. Mountain Goat
7. Whitetail
8. Mule Deer
9. Blacktail
10. Moose
11. Stone Sheep (including Fanin)
12. Dall Sheep
13. Bison
14. Rocky Mountain Bighorn

Plus Sitka and California Bighorn.

As punishment for missing two on the list I order you to plan a hunt for the species you missed! smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 1234, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,069
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.