-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went thru the video twice as I want to purchase a new Foreman. It was very helpful.

Nothing wrong with my 2002, except my son wants it. (What are parents for?) wink

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Originally Posted by senior
http://youtu.be/mTKcfJLerzg

Since it's a Honda Sales Training Video I can pretty much guess whats in it, not the best place to get an impartial review wink
it outlines whats new/different on the '12,'13 foremans vs the previous generation, did you watch it or are you just making an erroneous statement?
sales video or not its the most thorough review of the whats and whys for the new generation...

I believe he said he "could guess" as it's a sales training video, which is exactly what it is. As is typical with Honda, other than the engine changes, they didn't change much. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I do hope they "catch up" to where they were in terms of reliability with the older perpendicular-mounted engines they previously used.

They need to fix the rear drum brake system and make the handle-bar headlight independently switchable.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you're going to be doing farm chores, it's pretty tough to beat the Foreman. Now they're fuel injected and have power steering. smile Both great features!

I have a 2000 Foreman 450 S that is no frills but it starts and runs VERY well!

I'm not sure I'd sell it.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I'm really like the Yamaha Grizzly we got a bit over a year and a half ago. It just turned 800 hours on the meter and it has been been a fine machine. I really hesitated to try a belt driven machine, but Yamaha really nailed the drive system IMO. Further, both front and rear brakes still work just as they did the day the machine arrived. (The oil bath rear brake is a stellar idea which solves the usual problem that Honda still has with their "sealed" rear drum brake.) I wouldn't sell a gift Honda if I got one, I just prefer the Yamaha.

Wise man, I'd have a Honda before a Polaris but my choice is Yamaha. Had several of them over the years and the people I sold them to are still using them. Had a Kawasaki Brute Force most recently which was a pretty good machine as well, but sold it so I didn't have to move it and I'll be going back to Yamaha. Really like the Grizzly and will definately have the EPS. How sure how trails are here but in Alaska it's practically a necessity.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
2001 Honda Foreman 450 manual shift. Around 11,000 miles.
Wife uses it for farm work every day.
95% of the time pulling a 4x7 ft trailer around with various loads, and a dog riding shotgun.
She abuses and beats the hell out of that machine and it just keeps going.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry Checkmate guys,As for mods too many to list.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How loud is that HMF?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Originally Posted by senior
http://youtu.be/mTKcfJLerzg

Since it's a Honda Sales Training Video I can pretty much guess whats in it, not the best place to get an impartial review wink
it outlines whats new/different on the '12,'13 foremans vs the previous generation, did you watch it or are you just making an erroneous statement?
sales video or not its the most thorough review of the whats and whys for the new generation...

I believe he said he "could guess" as it's a sales training video, which is exactly what it is. As is typical with Honda, other than the engine changes, they didn't change much. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I do hope they "catch up" to where they were in terms of reliability with the older perpendicular-mounted engines they previously used.

They need to fix the rear drum brake system and make the handle-bar headlight independently switchable.

Making the headlight independent of the headlight control switch is an easy mod, took me about 30 minutes and 2 cold beers to do it. All you have to do is put a toggle switch on the power wire, cheap and easy. I hardly use the upper headlight anymore except for when i'm plowing in the winter.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Out this way, it seems no one in too concerned about their own searchlight headlight. It's the oncoming vehicles that are the difficulty. Almost no one seems to care that they blind other drivers with those lights. I'm rather surprised Honda hasn't had litigation problems due to that light, or at least taken some simple pre-emptive steps. They seem generally well-though out in their designs and conservative in their thinking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 decibels over stock. Snuck up on a guy on a horse last fall, he said he didn't know till I was right there.It's my hunting only bike so that'll tell ya.

By far the best mod after a winch.Quiet improves fuel mileage power torque just great period.I do recommend the Dyna jet carb kit and rejet if ya gotta.
As it is the Dyna jet kit replaces all the plastic stock garbage in the carb and rebuilds with stainless.Another win

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I just bought a 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 700 after shopping around and test driving several other machines including Hondas. After driving it for a month, I am very happy with it. It handles like a dream with EPS and has a true locking front differential. It's a very comfortable machine with all the power anybody could want.

I got it with oversize custom wheels and Grim Reaper tires.

[Linked Image]

Here it is next to my '93 Honda 300 Fourtrax. I love that old machine too, but Big Brother is in a different class.

[Linked Image]

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I just bought a 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 700 after shopping around and test driving several other machines including Hondas. After driving it for a month, I am very happy with it. It handles like a dream with EPS and has a true locking front differential. It's a very comfortable machine with all the power anybody could want.

I got it with oversize custom wheels and Grim Reaper tires.

[Linked Image]

Here it is next to my '93 Honda 300 Fourtrax. I love that old machine too, but Big Brother is in a different class.

[Linked Image]

Don't get carried away now laugh

[Linked Image]

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good choice great bike the Griz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Honda Fourtrax #4. 10 years on a battery, no breakowns.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Honda Fourtrax #4. 10 years on a battery, no breakowns.

Honda could still make money selling that model, at least in limited markets. I know a lot of people regret their demise out this way. I still keep my old '98 300 TRX going- or rather, it refuses to die (though I did move everything into a less worn and corroded frame after the original broke in several places.) The old girl was completely encased in a drift this winter which gradually morphed into a block of ice. After freeing the exhaust and kick start, one shot on the pedal and it popped to life...which is typical.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (204guy, 257man, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 16penny, 62 invisible), 1,937 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,888
Posts18,497,917
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.