Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
NH K9 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
[Linked Image]

That old girl has sat on one of "our" (it will always be my Papa's as far as I'm concerned) pieces of land for almost as long as I can remember. That piece of cropland has sat dormant since '94 and has started to grow back in, a fact that has bothered me deeply since Papa died.

I got talking with my "new guy" who has become a good friend over dinner a while back and that truck came up in conversation. He's a gear-head who loves the old stuff. I put him off as I couldn't resolve "the change" up there until dad and I were talking. "How do you think Papa would feel.....", a very telling manner of asking. I knew damn well he'd be thrilled to see someone get her running and back on the road, but needed to hear my dad say it.

My pard and I went up and loaded it today, then spent several hours taking one of the roads back. It's going to take some time, but I'm either going to reclaim every [bleep] field up there or die trying. Memories deserve no less.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I want to see that one running George, very cool.

Give it hell.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Love it. Keep us posted, George.

N
NH K9 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Honestly, it's not "bad".....for a '61ish Jeep that's been sitting out for 25+ years. The brakes weren't seized and the engine turned manually. That said, the steering is half shot and the body is pretty much lost.

It's gonna be a project, but Andy has the knowledge I lack and he's psyched to have it sitting in his yard.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That'll be a nice looking rig when you get it all "spiffied" up.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nothing money can't fix....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is a awesome project George!
Too cool.
Money and a lot of elbow grease.
Good project to have your kids around when you are involved.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every thinking man needs a good Jeep project.

NRA Lifetime Member
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Looks like a great project truck, I miss the old 55 Willys I had as my hunting truck for 12 years, the old flathead 226-L6 "Super Hurricane" engine was great fun off road.

Ted
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now that's a rig I'd love to have for deer season...

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sweet! My Pop has a 51 Chevy PU sittin in the back field rusting away. It was my GFathers then my Pop and I learned to drive and used it my HS years.

He's been offered $$ for it many times over the yrs but sentiments keep him from selling so I understand memories.

Keep us posted!

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sweet, George, that is a worthwhile project.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that is a treasure! Good luck with it.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
too cool George

but you're a brave man

Northern Dave has set the bar awful high

hell I'm afraid to paint a bicycle after seeing Dave's RR!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
[Linked Image]

That old girl has sat on one of "our" (it will always be my Papa's as far as I'm concerned) pieces of land for almost as long as I can remember. That piece of cropland has sat dormant since '94 and has started to grow back in, a fact that has bothered me deeply since Papa died.

I got talking with my "new guy" who has become a good friend over dinner a while back and that truck came up in conversation. He's a gear-head who loves the old stuff. I put him off as I couldn't resolve "the change" up there until dad and I were talking. "How do you think Papa would feel.....", a very telling manner of asking. I knew damn well he'd be thrilled to see someone get her running and back on the road, but needed to hear my dad say it.

My pard and I went up and loaded it today, then spent several hours taking one of the roads back. It's going to take some time, but I'm either going to reclaim every [bleep] field up there or die trying. Memories deserve no less.

There are few pickups that ever had as much character as those old war wagons grin Restored, they are damn impressive vehicles.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

N
NH K9 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Laffin'..........I don't have a tenth of the talent that ND has and and I'm fairly certain that Andy cant make up for that deficit.

I'll be happy just to see her running and solid. Neither of us figures on pristine.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
That is damned cool, George. Good luck with your project.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A guy was over to see me at my other house today, and he started counting. He said how many do you have now? I said that just isn't important.
a 42ford script jeep(only made for 90 days)
a 44 ford
a 45 willys
a 49 willys
a 53 M38
a 72 FJ40
You are headed down this path, I also had one of those jeep pickups too, thing would go anywhere.
It is the road to many long discussions with a wife as to water on the brain.
And I was looking at a early 50's dodge military ambulance the other day, it was pretty cool.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/18/13.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Wicked cool.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Gonna be a damn nice ride when done! Very cool.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,965
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.