Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The West Virginia eighth-grader who was suspended and arrested in late April after he refused to remove a t-shirt supporting the National Rifle Association appeared in court this week and was formally charged with obstructing an officer.
As CBS affiliate WTRF reports, 14-year-old Jared Marcum now faces a $500 fine and a maximum of one year in prison.
The boy�s father, Allen Lardieri, is not pleased.
�Me, I�m more of a fighter and so is Jared and eventually we�re going to get through this,� Lardieri told WTRF. �I don�t think it should have ever gotten this far.�
�Every aspect of this is just totally wrong,� Lardieri added. �He has no background of anything criminal up until now and it just seems like nobody wants to admit they�re wrong.�
Officials at Logan Middle School in Logan County, West Va. maintain that Marcum, who has since completed eighth grade, was suspended for one day because he caused a disruption after a teacher asked him to remove a shirt emblazoned with a hunting rifle and the statement �protect your right.�
�She said, �Are you supposed to wear that in school?�� Marcum had previously explained in an interview with local station, WOWK-TV. �I said, �I don�t see why I shouldn�t.��
In a move The Daily Caller can only characterize as courageous, Marcum returned to school after his suspension wearing exactly the same shirt. Students across the rural county showed their support for Marcum by wearing similar shirts on that day as well. (RELATED: Eighth-grader arrested over NRA shirt returns to school in same shirt)
There are no accounts of any additional arrests or suspensions when Marcum returned to school.
Lardieri has claimed that police in Logan City (pop. 1,779) threatened to charge Marcum with making terroristic threats during the incident that led to his arrest.
In legal documents obtained by the CBS station, the arresting officer, James Adkins, reportedly fails to inform the court about any terrorist threats or any violent action. Instead, Adkins asserts that the 14-year-old boy did not follow his orders to stop talking. This verbosity somehow prevented Adkins from performing his police duties.
�In my view of the facts, Jared didn�t do anything wrong,� Ben White, Marcum�s attorney, opined, according to WTRF. �I think Officer Adkins could have done something differently.�
White has previously asserted that his client was exercising his free speech rights by wearing the shirt.
The school district�s policy doesn�t prohibit shirts promoting Second Amendment rights.
Logan police and the prosecuting attorney, Michael White, declined to answer questions.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

This is beyond ridiculous!!!! What ever happened to freedom of speech

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

This is going to be a fun trial. I hope the NRA has the graciousness to throw in a little money toward the kid's legal costs.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nah, cops won't enforce ridiculous gun laws.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by eyeball

Kid must have been unlucky and found the only cop on the force that isn't on our side.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope Jared gets charge dropped & a clean record restored.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hope the school and officer pay through the nose for this and the kid gets enough to pay for at least his college tuition.

Too many people wanting to force their view of the world on everyone else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When they win, they need to sue the school and the dickhead cop into [bleep] oblivion! This stuff makes my blood boil.

Last edited by gunchamp; 06/18/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems that they are confusing the "right to remain silent" with "You must remain silent". miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Kid must have been unlucky and found the only cop on the force that isn't on our side.

Cop's on our side??????????????????

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Cop's on our side??????????????????

Yes...puzzled me a bit too.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's been tried in courts that students do not surrender their right to free speech on a public school campus. That does not apply to us school employees but, it does to students.

I've seen students wearing Che Guevara tee shirts in school with no repercussions. However I've seen students asked to remove certain sports team shirts because of gang affiliations. I reported one kid for wearing a "F*ck Y**" tee shirt and his parents had to bring him a different shirt.

I believe the kid in this situation will get off.

/OT - I always wanted to wear one of these to work to p*ss off the liberal teachers...

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Which is odd as nobody here would even look twice at the visage of Mr Reagan...it would not even raise a mention.

But a kid out of uniform at one of the local schools would very likely get their arse kicked (figuratively) by the school staff and the parents.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pissing on our First and Second Amendment..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
If this kid was Muslim or Ghetto Hoodie do you think he would have been arrested ?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is what u voted for a change .Obamas way ;ike it or not .We have no rights its the goverment way remember

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I never voted for this POS Black Muslim Bastard .

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They are playing hardball just so they can drop charges in return no lawsuit.

The guberment seduced the pooch on this one and are looking for a way out. Pretty pathetic.

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jared Marcum Picked a good fight, My hat is off to the boy!

James Adkins and Michael White should be asamed of themselves and will hopefully suffer the Consequences of violating the boys rights....We shall see.

West Virginians in that area need to get their schit together and get this kinda crap stopped.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well it looks like your freedom of expression is gone unless you're killing babies.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,951
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.