Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As I commented yesterday, our government has not learned that the Middle East is not a place that can thrive with Western style democracy. The losers are not willing to live under the Rule of Law, and instead foment violence and revolution.

Karzai is a puss, and I estimate his life expectancy after we pull out is � 18 months before he is assassinated. He knows that too, but is betting that throwing the Taliban a bone will placate them. Bullschitt! The Taliban will pull an NVA on them, agree to anything and then reconquer the country. Karzai is either naive or a closet Taliban plant.

We will have largely wasted a decade and a schitt load of cash on that cesspool, not to mention some fine people. mad
Karzai Announces Peace talks

KABUL (Reuters) - Afghanistan will send a team to Qatar for peace talks with the Taliban, President Hamid Karzai said on Tuesday, as the U.S.-led NATO coalition launched the final phase of the 12-year war with the last round of security transfers to Afghan forces.
Karzai's announcement was the first possible step forward in the peace process, which has struggled to achieve results despite many attempts, and is likely to be applauded by his Western backers.
"Afghanistan's High Peace Council will travel to Qatar to discuss peace talks with the Taliban," Karzai said in Kabul, referring to the council he formed in late 2010.
"We hope that our brothers the Taliban also understand that the process will move to our country soon," Karzai said of the fundamentalist Islamic group that ruled the country with an iron fist from 1996 to 2001.
There was no immediate comment from the Afghan Taliban.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Not to be a dick, but duh!

There are two options, leave them be and let them kill each other if they bring their violent way of life here show no mercy and wipe the bastards out...

Or just wipe the bastards out before they bring their violent way of life here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

+1
It was always for naught.

Fools errand, at best.

And look how many fools were, and are, on board with it.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When odingleberry got elected was there any other intelligent thought that it wasn't headed this way. LOL turn them loose.

NRA Lifetime Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I stood speaking with a retired veteran who had fought in Korea and Vietnam -he apologized for his making quick jerks and audible sounds .He was diagnosed w/a serious type of shell shock from the horrors of war.
Well into the conversation I asked him how he felt about the wars he had fought in -would he do it again? --NO-- his words "why should we fight wars for people who won't fight for themselves" !

If anything -anything we should do nothing more than help people to defend themselves against murdering lowlifes [with weapons]. No sending any more Americans off to die for useless bullcrap in the middle east.
If the warmonger neocons in govt want war let them go over there and be right in the middle of what they want -bring their kids to the party also. Not ONE of those basturds would vote to war it up if their azz was on the line !

Like Heavywalker says -leave them unto themselves -and if they decide they need some new people [U.S.] to agitate -give them a war where there is not one of them left !
Then say WOW look at all this oil.

Last edited by ol_mike; 06/18/13.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Our mission should have been to kill all those who needed killing and then get the heck out, with the promise of don't screw with us or we will be back.

Screw rebuilding and making friends.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If anything -anything we should do nothing more than help people to defend themselves against murdering lowlifes.

I take that to mean something like heavily arming Coptic Christians in Egypt to stop their slaughter by the muslim brotherhood. Yeah, those guys we put in power.

God would be perfectly justified in burning this entire country to the dirt just for supporting the muslim brotherhood and the horrors they commit.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by stray round

Screw rebuilding and making friends.

Friends still fight, but enemies with a healthy dose of respect know what the end result will be and steer clear.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If anything -anything we should do nothing more than help people to defend themselves against murdering lowlifes.

I take that to mean something like heavily arming Coptic Christians in Egypt to stop their slaughter by the muslim brotherhood. Yeah, those guys we put in power.

God would be perfectly justified in burning this entire country to the dirt just for supporting the muslim brotherhood and the horrors they commit.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/arab-spring-run-amok-brotherhood-starts-crucifixions/

Treatment of a Coptic Christian woman by the muslim brotherhood

[Linked Image]

http://global.christianpost.com/new...re-blood-will-be-shed-says-expert-80301/

Last edited by Armednfree; 06/18/13.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...the [bleep] is this sumbitch so WIDE ?

somebody clean up their act !

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All we are doing in the sand box is sending our best to die so there will be more room for the illegals. I doubt a real president could have done anything let alone the joke we have.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We have wasted blood and treasure. To say it is immoral doesn't do it justice. Is Iraq any different? I think not. The blood of a lot of good men spilled for nothing, and then there is the wasted money. Don't even get me started.

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/18/13.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes Sir Armednfree -help them out.
And stop the Federal govt from meddling in foreign affairs so much.
Rubbing elbows with known dirt bags like saddam hussein and many others over time.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The world has never been really in it. I'm not even talking about America.

Go back in history to the beginning of islam. They've been at war with someone (besides themselves) from the start.

Every so often, islam gets too big for it's britches and someone comes along and smacks them down to the point of not being much of a threat. Then they start rebuilding, but not forgetting, and eventually it starts over.

But no one has ever been really interested in being the one who eliminates them. Which I think is good. As much as I sometimes wish we could eradicate the problem, it's a testament to western morals and ethics that we haven't tried. "We" meaning any non-muslim country.

But we may pay for those morals and ethics.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Yes Sir Armednfree -help them out.
And stop the Federal govt from meddling in foreign affairs so much.
Rubbing elbows with known dirt bags like saddam hussein and many others over time.

I have noticed that the Middle East has gone to hell in a hand basket since Saddam Hussein was ousted...everyone has stopped hating him and turned on each other.

Might be better to leave them to their own devices.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who, with two brain cells to rub together, didn't see that coming?

Afghanistan has been a region of savages since ancient history. You aren't going to civilize them and you aren't going to build them in to a modern society. Any military action in the region should be executed with a policy of scortched earth. Kill and burn anything standing or moving.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is what happens when "amateurs" (us) with good intentions rather than Machiavellian resolve try our hand and Foreign Policy and the sad part is WE NEVER LEARN. This should have been a TOTAL WAR of annihilation, gone in there from the outset with every available resource, smash them, then get out.

Same for Iraq where we went in with half the men the Army Chief Of Staff told us to go in with. Contrary to what idiots the likes of TRH spew, what we keep doing is the exact opposite of imperialism. There are very few countries and people with the cultural acumen to grasp western style democracy.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
America has made horrible foreign policy decisions it's entire existence. Afghanistan was REALLY bad policy.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
We will have largely wasted a decade and a schitt load of cash on that cesspool, not to mention some fine people.

Military contractors, big corporations and banks have all made TONS of money off of this though...at the expense of the taxpayers and our soldiers and their families.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
give it a rest..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,818
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.