Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
There was no treaty.

Whatever you want to believe. France had a treaty with Czechoslovakia and UK with France (Locarn treaty)

Just worth mentioning, when you boast how UK "stood with Poland"

Quite a shameful part of British history, no matter how you spin it.

Last edited by Czech_Made; 06/19/13.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Both Great Britain and France went public guaranteeing Polish Sovereignty. There was no such treaty with the Czechs (sad to say). Locarno had nothing to do with this. Now that the Brits SHOULD have stepped in then, we are in complete agreement, but shameful? not hardly.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Both Great Britain and France went public guaranteeing Polish Sovereignty. There was no such treaty with the Czechs (sad to say). Locarno had nothing to do with this. Now that the Brits SHOULD have stepped in then, we are in complete agreement, but shameful? not hardly.

Just do some reading, Locarno had everything do with it. French HAD treaty with Czechoslovakia and Britain was bound to help France. All they did was to bend over for Hitler to get farked. Did not help then any on the end, did it?

On the other hand Czechs paid them back with their blood - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"was bound" was there a treaty (there was, Locarno but was there verbage guaranteeing this by England?) or just speculation on your part? Locarno did not apply to the Brits. As to the link, I am well versed on their heroic deeds and contributions, but I think they had a vested interest (revenge) other than dying for queen & country.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots of stuff out there on Locarno, it was never much of a traty:
Locarno Pact [ləʊˈkɑːnəʊ]
n
(Historical Terms) a series of treaties, concluded in Locarno, Switzerland in 1925, between Germany, France, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Italy, Poland, and Czechoslovakia. The principal treaty, between Germany, France, and Belgium, concerned the maintenance of their existing frontiers, settlement of disputes by arbitration without resort to force, and the demilitarization of the Rhineland. This treaty was guaranteed by the United Kingdom and Italy but was violated when Germany occupied the Rhineland in 1936 Also called Treaties of Locarno

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
During the 2008 campaign Obama spoke at the convention center in Pendleton. He said that we shouldn't worry about Iran because "Iran was a small country far away". This was/is reminiscent of Neville Chamberlain's comment after he endorsed the annexation of Czechoslovakia by Hitler's Germany in the mid-thirties. At the time it appeared that he (Obama) thought he was speaking to a bunch of rustics and hayseeds. Maybe Obama should consider moving out of his circle of sychophants and explore the real world....which will never happen.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
There was no treaty.

Whatever you want to believe. France had a treaty with Czechoslovakia and UK with France (Locarn treaty)

Just worth mentioning, when you boast how UK "stood with Poland"

Quite a shameful part of British history, no matter how you spin it.

What about the Czech collaborators who fought for Germany? Was that not also shameful?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys, let's not go there. This is the trap of moral equivalencies. The "Yeah, but..."s never stop.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So exactly how much weight does he carry in Ireland?

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
So exactly how much weight does he carry in Ireland?

Unfortunately, as the US President, quite a lot of clout although I doubt this particular speech is going to have any effect..

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
In the horrific carnage that was "The Great War", 1914-1919, we of the British Commonwealth went to war to honour certain treaties and we lost 1.7 MILLION of our finest people, almost an entire generation of our young men to help the Euros.

One of our two major enemies, was "The Austro-Hungarian Empire" and this included a people called the Czechs.....a mere 20 years later, still suffering from our sacrifice in the first one, we somehow "owed" it to these people to come to their aid and save those who killed many of our people from their former allies...........???????????

Geez, somehow, this just does not compute for me, but, I tend to wonder about Hungarians, former Nazis themselves, these other eastern Euros and the Belgians, who, after what we did for them the first time, REFUSED to allow British troops to cross their soil in the opening battles of WWII, which could have saved British lives and then whined for help after Adolf and his gang invaded them.

One MIGHT think that IF all of these Euros, were such mighty warriors, they would and should and could have held WWII and whipped the Nazis alone, without even MORE of our blood spilled to help them.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kutenay
In the horrific carnage that was "The Great War", 1914-1919, we of the British Commonwealth went to war to honour certain treaties and we lost 1.7 MILLION of our finest people, almost an entire generation of our young men to help the Euros.

One of our two major enemies, was "The Austro-Hungarian Empire" and this included a people called the Czechs.....a mere 20 years later, still suffering from our sacrifice in the first one, we somehow "owed" it to these people to come to their aid and save those who killed many of our people from their former allies...........???????????

Geez, somehow, this just does not compute for me, but, I tend to wonder about Hungarians, former Nazis themselves, these other eastern Euros and the Belgians, who, after what we did for them the first time, REFUSED to allow British troops to cross their soil in the opening battles of WWII, which could have saved British lives and then whined for help after Adolf and his gang invaded them.

One MIGHT think that IF all of these Euros, were such mighty warriors, they would and should and could have held WWII and whipped the Nazis alone, without even MORE of our blood spilled to help them.

The British made pawns of the Canadians.

It's their nature.

They tried to make pawns of the Americans in WW2, but Eisenhower told Montgomery that if he wanted to run the show, he was more than welcome to do so,...but the Americans would go home.

Montgomery shut his fuggin' mouth after that.

There's never been any future in throwin' in with them British sumbitches,...but their attitude had to crush their empire before anybody got a clue.

The Americans figured them out during WW1,...but the Aussies and the Canadians continued to take it up the butt from the Brits for another 25 years or so.

Now,..England's pussified "leaders" have allowed the multiculturists to flood the country with illegals and have disarmed the British people. (all in the name of Shalom, of course)

Canada will be next if the people allow it,...and the flood of Somalis into Ottawa suggests that they're indeed doing so.

The commie faction in the U.S. are on board with the nonsense also,...but they're going to have to kill a significant number of people to see it through.

Maybe it'll play out,...maybe it won't.

Who knows?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And that is a fair take on the situation Kute.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is there nothing this puke isn't an expert on?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...lot's of pukes on here,...myself included.

You'll need to be more specific.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is not a world leader.
He is not a leader of any kind.
He should mind his own business.
I'm so sick of him and all the jerks that work for him.

Americans First!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Is there nothing this puke isn't an expert on?

To which puke are you referring...we are all in contention for the title.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rte
This has nothing to do with the Irish,not really.

This is about Obama's war on the Catholic church.

The Catholic church is the largest Christian organization in the world,with over 1 billion members.

The Catholic church is the largest provider of health care in this nation,antithetical to Obamacare.

The Catholic church is the largest adoption agency in this nation.

The Catholic church apposes adoption to homosexuals.

The Catholic church apposes abortion.

The Catholic church is responsible for the founding of over 200 colleges and universities,whose adherents teach Christian principles, which are antithetical to Obama's Islamic,communist world views.

Bingo

http://cpnagasaki.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/obama-catholic-schools-cause-violence-should-be-banned/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What happened to all the elites who made fun of Bush's manner of speaking and said he was an embarrassment to the USA?

Obama is a total disgrace and no one says a word.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe

They tried to make pawns of the Americans in WW2, but Eisenhower told Montgomery that if he wanted to run the show, he was more than welcome to do so,...but the Americans would go home.

Montgomery shut his fuggin' mouth after that.

Source? here's a hint Ike did not have the power to make such a statement. But I'll wait for the source..

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,943
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.