Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JPro
Trying to decide between "You only live once" and "don't be an idiot". grin

Never had a hot car, but grew up with a Ford dealership in the family, so I've watched them with envy for 25 years or so. Been a Car & Driver and Motor Trend subscriber since I got a driver's license, but always needed a truck for my job and hobbies. Dad calls this morning and tells me that the local girl who ordered herself a white/black coupe just traded it in on a sedan. This car has 18k miles on it and is immaculate. I think she installed a Borla cat-back at is pushing 430hp.

Will still have my four-door pickup and my mud-tired 4Runner, but am considering getting out of the wife's little SUV with 200k miles. She's game. Cousin is my insurance agent and says rates go up $17 a month. Would need to take along my grade-school age girls to see how they fit and how they like it. I do realize we'd need to use one of the trucks when needing lots of seating or cargo room.

Would not have thought that I'd be contemplating a hot-rod family car this morning, but stranger things have happened. Wife and I are making decent money these days, so I may give it a go, just so I can say I did. The price is right and I figure a test drive can't hurt.....

Here's one just like it.

[Linked Image]

What do you guys think?

personally, I think you made an excellent choice!

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Dave is right on the money about the driving/handling issue. Run something hard and fast enough and sooner or later that "pucker" moment will happen! That short wheel-base is probably the biggest factor. The other issue is that the suspension and modern tires make running fast soooo easy, but the laws of gravity still apply when trying to stop.

Have fun!

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just bought my wife a 2013 Ford Edge. When the salesman was going over the operation of the Edge, we were parked right next to a 2013 "California Special".

I wanted to trade the Edge in right then and there. I was drooling like Doberman over a 5 pound steak....
Two cars I always wanted were a '57 Chevy, and a Cool Mustang. I had the '57 in High School back in '65 (and like a dumb ass sold it when I went into the Air Force), and now it's time for the Mustang. I haven't made up my mind what one I want, but a Shelby GT 500 isn't out of the question.
I got the OK from the Mama already and as soon as the Edge is paid off ('bout 2 years) The Mustang is mine, along with the 2012 F-150 I have now.

I CAN'T WAIT !!

If I was you, I'd have that car !!!

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro

[Linked Image]

What do you guys think?

[Linked Image]

Islam is a terrorist organization.

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I will say that it sure looks good parked in my garage....... (grin)

Earlier today I was talking to a buddy who had just pulled up in the driveway when my wife fired up the Mustang. "That sure doesn't sound like your Highlander back there", he said. LOL.....

Most of our friends who are in their 40's and 50's just grinned when we told them what we'd bought. Turns out that most of them had done the same thing at one time or another.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Great move.... should be fun!!

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sometimes the value of fun and enjoyment is not factored in with enough weight. You do only live once.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keep traction control engaged and it is all good. Things can get hairy quick w/o the TC.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (222ND, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,054
Posts18,482,307
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.