-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this new stove coming out of Patrick Smith's shop. A little heavier than any of the Ti round stoves available but, significantly lighter than any of the Ti box stoves currently available. See the "Stove Rumors" tread on their Shelters and Camping forum.

I personally have a 6 man Kifaru Tipi/liner and a "large" Ti Goat stove that I am happy with. I did enlarge the round stove opening on my Ti Goat to be more of a rectangular hole- I can get bigger chunks of wood in now and it still draws really well.

If I was looking at a new stove, I'd be looking hard at one of these new Flat top Ovals. More stove, less weight, all good.

Cheers

Last edited by skiingJim; 06/20/13. Reason: spelling/grammer
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had seen them on another forum also. Looks like a neat setup. Cant wait to see on in person here soon hopefully.

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We was all keeping it on the DL so that we could quietly sell our current Ti stoves and upgrade... until now cry HEH-HEH

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pictures?

What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Never mind...found it

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's totally lost on me... EdT asked me if I'd seen one yet at the Montana BHA rondy. I just did some digging earlier this week.

Patrick sure cornered the hell out of a niche market that nobody ever gave a [bleep] about with this product laugh

I know 3 people that actually witnessed a [bleep] cook on a cylinder stove. It actually happened... And not just in a magical enchanted fairytale surrounded by unicorns.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by DanAdair

Patrick sure cornered the hell out of a niche market that nobody ever gave a [bleep] about with this product laugh

I know 3 people that actually witnessed a [bleep] cook on a cylinder stove. It actually happened... And not just in a magical enchanted fairytale surrounded by unicorns.

What are you even saying here???

From what I understand Kifaru has put about three years of trial and error to get this stove to be efficient and user friendly. I Hope I can afford one when it comes out. Thia new product intrigues me and i can;t wait to get my hands on one.

>>>--DON'T TREAD ON ME--->
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'll be sticking with Ed's stove. I predict many others will as well. I also predict this thing will be crazy expensive. I also wonder about packing/transporting that top/bottom piece that has that lip formed into it. Looks problematic.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I like my Ed T stove and don't plan to part with it but that new one looks interesting I wouldn't dismiss Kifaru that fast

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by timat46
I like my Ed T stove and don't plan to part with it but that new one looks interesting I wouldn't dismiss Kifaru that fast

I wouldn't have dismissed KU packs so fast but Kifaru certainly did.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not sure i really understand or like the way they have wire holding everything together. I like the concept of the stove though. It seems like a nice little stove. Curious to see the price tag.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Patrick has posted the prices on Rokslide.com forum and the Kifaru forum. Not dirt cheap but not too bad either. I'm going to order a medium high wall .

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not going to get rid of my EdT stove, it flat out works. The new design does look interesting though.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 14 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.