Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
WQDR FM 94.7 in Raleigh was the first album rock station in our area, it's country now there is nothing like it now. We old farts mostly listen to WRDU it's changed so many times they don't know who they are, but right now it's ok. No good stations any more.

Last edited by SEdge; 06/22/13.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I won't mention my old station because I won't grant them even that tiny sliver of publicity. A solid rock station. They even used to play album sides by request when we called in from work stocking grocery store shelves overnight. Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Judas Priest, AC-DC, Dire Straits, Rush, ZZ Top ...

Then one morning my clock radio goes off and it's the Go Go's, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna and that kind of $hit.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
100.1 KMMR! Country during the day, adult contemporary at night. It was either that or the tribal college station. If a good D.J. was working either could be good, but a bad D.J. night meant the Captain and Tinnille and powwow drum circle music all night. My senior year 101.5 from Chinook went canned radio and all of a sudden they were "American Top 40" pop music. It was all hit and miss so you had to have a pretty good CD collection on the Hi-Line.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Growing up in NW Indiana, it was WLS and WCFL in Chicago, til WCFL got beat in a ratings race and one morning switched to elevator music..... frown

Loved Lujack and Tommy. One of the funiest episodes of animal stories concerned trapping beaver in southern IL. You take it from there! grin Also, there was a news announcer on there by the name of Katherine...can't remember here last name, that Lujack used to embarrass the hell out of. I used to laugh so hard at that show that I almost drove off the road, a few times! grin

maddog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
KUPD.

Arizona

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Wasn't that Del Rio, Texas?

XERF Del Rio, Texas!

Risam Grisam Hair Dressing!!

Every Democrat in Richland Parish used it!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by maddog
Growing up in NW Indiana, it was WLS and WCFL in Chicago, til WCFL got beat in a ratings race and one morning switched to elevator music..... frown

Loved Lujack and Tommy. One of the funiest episodes of animal stories concerned trapping beaver in southern IL. You take it from there! grin Also, there was a news announcer on there by the name of Katherine...can't remember here last name, that Lujack used to embarrass the hell out of. I used to laugh so hard at that show that I almost drove off the road, a few times! grin

maddog

Larry Lujack and Dick Biondi actually worked for WCFL briefly, as did Joel Sebastian, Ron Britain, and Barney Pipp.

I think the Chickenman episodes actually started at WCFL.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jocko, yeah I remember when lujack did a stint at CFL. Tommy Edwards was there, also.

maddog

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by maddog
Jocko, yeah I remember when lujack did a stint at CFL. Tommy Edwards was there, also.

maddog

Per Wikipedia: The comedy feature Chickenman, a satire based on the Batman TV series, originated on Jim Runyon's morning drive-time show in the fall of 1966.[93][94][95] It was created by WCFL staffer Dick Orkin, who was also brought from Cleveland to Chicago by Ken Draper.[49][96] All the voices were done by Orkin, Runyon, and Jane Roberts, who also did WCFL's morning traffic reports as "Trooper 36-24-36" (She became Mrs. Jim Runyon.).[97][98][99] The Chickenman program was subsequently syndicated to radio stations worldwide.[100][101]

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
KVOO Tulsa
"Ug! U needum tires??"

WBAP Ft. Worth
Bill Mack open road show

KKYX San Antonio

Back in the day when they played real country music.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WRKK K-99 from Birmingham AL. The best AOR rock station around, and a top ten rated nationwide. Then some person whom I could only describe with many foul cursewords bought the station and changed it to a country music station to compete with WZZK also out of B'ham. Lasted only a few months and shut down from lack of listeners. Then later on, The X, 107.7 alternative rock etc., from B'ham AL. Got swapped to another frequency with a low power transmitter and they let some rap hip hop puking garbage have the powerful 107.7 transmitter. Now there is only one good channel receivable here in Cullman AL, 95.1 the Rocket out of Huntsville, and their broadcast is weak, poor reception in the southern portion of the county where I live.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Another nighttime listener of WLS. During the day, it was WCPA in Clearfield, they're much better than WCED out of DuBois.

Dale

This space for rent

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
KSHE-95

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.