Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh my preference is for a hike, and a brutal one at that. I need to feel like I earned the trophy grin So I'm glad to hear that hiking is the preferential method

Reason I mention boats as I have hunted out of one, towards Seward IIRC.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Tracy arm has some very brutal hikes, but you don't need to go that far for some good vertical hiking.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well I spent my evening poking around the web, mainly focused on housing. Initially I was disappointed at the high cost/low availability. But I found some smaller free standing homes, and condos that were affordable by my standards. Several condos I found were around 150k which was not too far off from Alabama prices. Am I missing something with these? Obviously fees/dues etc factor in...

Now to just put in my dues at work and keep socking dough away like a crack fiend.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have known a few to live in tents and Yurts! But they weren't trying to hold down a corporate job. LOL

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Where are you in Bama?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
grin

I'm going to pray about this, and chat with my brother who is visiting this weekend.

How are the churches and schools up that way?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Where are you in Bama?

Bombingham (Birmingham)

Believe it is the worst place i've ever lived in.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Been up there a few times. I lived on the opposite end of the state.

Church as in a building with pews and an alter? I don't know. But its gods country all around you.

Having something like this wouldn't be to bad!
http://www.seawolfmarine.com/ModelsOptions/SeawolfPilothouse2528.aspx

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 06/25/13.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Quite tempting. Would that be to live in as well? I can't begin to speculate as to what they cost, and if you have to ask blush

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You could live in it. But back to the looking for a woman thing, so what do you say we go back to my boat! LOL Oh yeah the bus will get us there!

I am not 100% but I believe something like that goes 100K+, minus motor/electronics.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Something like this would surely work too while saving you some coin.

http://www.hewescraft.com/mid-size-ocean-boats/sea-runner

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
so what do you say we go back to my boat! LOL Oh yeah the bus will get us there!

Still laughing over this one!

Sure would be great using a boat like that every day/weekend. I saw quite a few boats/houseboats on craigslist just poking around earlier. Something to think about whistle

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This would work too for the budget conscience!

http://www.lundboats.com/boats/2013-aluminum/alaskan/2000-alaskan

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would rather have a good truck, a boat, and an ok house, then a really nice house, ride the bus and no boat. If your spending that much time in your house then your living in Juneau for no good reason.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm right there with you on every point!

A house is a place to eat and sleep, and the outdoors is for really living.

Boat wise a 20ish foot aluminum with hard cabin would be living the freaking 'I won the lottery dream' Any truck that can pull it works for me.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Also, it would not surprise me if you had a few bookmarks for boats online whistle

Good reading material that gets me pumped up!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I personally would want a beater truck up in Haines too.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh I drive a '94 honda accord down here that is cherry blush A reliable beater is the name of the game

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No bookmarks. Just shooting you some options. If I move back up I will have a 25ish foot Aluminum boat with cabin for sure.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How old were you when you lived in Alaska?

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,461 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,608
Posts18,492,399
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.