Print Thread
Hop To
Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
We had a leak in the kitchen ceiling on May 29th from a real bad storm cluster that went through. We almost had to get to the basement. Very high winds and almost horizontal rain.
Anyway we filed a claim as the contractor friend of ours saw the shingles were lifted up and said that they weren't like that prior to the storm. Being lifted like that stresses the shingles and the next time could easily snap.
Anyway it took a month for the adjuster to get here(this past Fri)and he seemed in a big hurry before he even got out of the truck. This was the third one that was scheduled to come. The other two canceled. Long story short... they won't pay. Funny thing is is that when the lady called from the claims office she wanted to know if the claim was for $2,500 or less as they would just write the check and the adjuster would not come. It was for $3,850. Now they won't pay anything. The adjuster was from Texas and it was Friday. Wonder why the hurry? He had a bad attitude too and we went around. Had a go around with his boss also on the phone.
I've had this co.'s auto ins. for 46 years and homeowner's for over 22. This is the way they treat you. Very upset.

Please pray that when I talk with the "complaint dept." all goes well. This would just about clear out our savings and we are on a fixed income.

Qtip
Soli deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear you are having troubles. I will pray that you receive the outcome you are looking for.

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
3-tab shingles? Are they worn otherwise? If the tabs are just lifted up, they'll likely pay to have them tabbed back down with something like Blackjack, but they likely won't pay for a new roof, especially if it already show signs of age. The Blackjack will hold them down better than the original seal unless they're cracked.

Pray that God gives you a fair solution for both you and the insurance co. He knows the situation far better than either you or the adjuster do.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bet it's Allstate. You need to have a GOOD roofing contractor with you to help represent you if they come out again.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
and prayers are spoken.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Stand on Proverbs 3:4. You have my prayers.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Qtip,

You have my prayers.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Praying here too. It's a necessary thing before, during and after any call to an insurance company, it seems.

We had hail damage and me an a neighbor in the cul de sac both had the same insurance company and our housed built the same year. He was a retired fireman and knew the adjusters since he works in a risk management department for a huge insurance company in Des Moines. He got a new roof paid in full and I got my policy cancelled.

I hope you fare better than I did.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
Boots,

Wow! You are right; it is Allstate.

Forgot to mention that when the lady from the claims office called to set up the date she asked if the estimate was for $2,500 or less. I told her no it was for $3,850 and asked why. She stated that if it was $2,500 or less the adjuster would not have to come out they would just write a check! So now they deny the whole claim? The adjuster had to come through this way anyway as he was north of me before. I think he was miffed because he had to show up. The whole time he acted like he was in a hurry.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Qtip,

I will certainly pray for you and the situation.

I watched my next door neighbor go through the exact same thing with Allstate over storm damage to their roof.

They wound up gluing the shingles back down with Liquid Nails because Allstate refused to pay. That has been three years and some pretty intense storms and they have not had a single problem since.

State Farm has never treated me like that.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
State Farm has never treated me like that.

The issue I had was with State Farm. They all are much more interested in their bottom line, than taking care of claims. At least, that is my opinion.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
They called back today and said they would not pay.
I told them that customer service was no longer meaningful in our culture today and customer loyalty means nothing to them. I told them that any person I talked to was a song and dance to make you feel a little better but that their bottom line meant more to them than loyal customers. Monday I start hunting for a new company. I am going to be the worst walking advertisement them if I can help it.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think I would stand outside their office with a sign until they paid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW!! I would be looking as well. Sorry my friend.

Jim

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Contact the insurance commissioner in your state. I won't say it will help, but it won't hurt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (25aught6, 10Glocks, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,446
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.