Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
A lot of people seem to have all kind of difficulty finding 11 MM scope mounts.I have found that BKL Technologies makes scope mounts that work well on any 11 MM rail.These are designed to be used on air rifles which actually have quite a bit of recoil.
The first one I tried was on a Mosin Nagant rifle which has pretty good recoil.It has stayed rock solid for five years.
Recently I used one of their mounts on my new Baikal.I am very satisfied with it.The one I used was model 253.
I mention this here just in case anyone has a problem getting a good 11 MM scope mount which is very solid.I hope this helps someone.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 06/30/13.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the heads up on the BKL's.

The big problem I have is finding LOW rings to fit an 11mm rail. I like to have my guns set up so when I throw the gun to my shoulder the scope is lined up and I have a good cheek weld. That's why I prefer straight tube variable scopes on my combos and drillings. A huge FOV and fast acquisition trumps X's every time in my book.

This works much better for me than the bottom picture.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by erich; 06/30/13.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I can certainly see why it works better for you.
What scope is that in the top picture?

Stan in SC

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The air gun mounts work great for the 11mm grooved receivers. They also will work on Valmet 412s and Tikka 512s. The lock screw set down into the recoil lug groove on top and pressed against the Front of the groove hold the mounts rock solid.

erich,

That bottom scope looks like a Carl Zeiss Jena 6X???

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually it is a Hertel & Reuss 6x48mm, the same company that made the early Weatherby scopes. It is now Nickel scopes.

On the 11mm rails I'm thinking about taking a pair of verticle split rings like a leupold Rifleman or Warnes and cutting an 11mm groove in them to mount the scope low. Or just having a set of extra-low Tally's screwed right to the rail on one of my combo guns.

My combo gun with 11mm to Weaver adaptor and Weaver style low rings.

[Linked Image]

Same gun with the lowest airgun 11mm ringset, it is almost 1/4" higher.
[Linked Image]

The top scope on the drilling is an older Weaver K-1.5, I also have a Weaver K-3 and a Leupold Vari-X II 1x4x20mm that I can swap on to it. I like the K-1.5's they are clear and are good for 300yrds and down on coyote and up game.

Last edited by erich; 06/30/13.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've used the exact same set up on a couple of Baikals, a 221 SXS DR and the 94 BBF. I also used it on a Valmet 412 222 and 12ga. It works fine.

I have one of the older Weatherby scopes by Hertel & Ruess on a German 300 Wby, bought new a long time ago. I'm using a Nickel Supra on an older 8mm Mauser and had one in 6X on the Sauer 3000 12/30-06 I sold recently. They are excellent scopes! cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Stan, pardon me stepping into your posting on mounts for those fine combo's, but an upcheck from another BKL fan. The ones with multiple compression screws are also a non-drift, rock-solid mount for the 24 Savages, which tend to make mounts move when using the 20 Ga bbl.

http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Accessories/Mounts_bases_rings_levels_and_scope_stops/51/BKL/brands_114

Pyramyd also carries air gun mounts that clamp around the bbl. These can be worked for those early 24's that don't have the mount grooves. Here's a jerry-rig I have on a pellet gun � you should get the idea.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Dons1,thanks for your post.All additional information is greatly appreciated.
That Pyramid looks good and gives me some ideas.Thank you very much.

Stan in SC

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 35, Allen Martin, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 985 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,475
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.