-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You shoulda kept your mouth shut. If you were offended, walk out or tell management and let them handle it. No need for a gun. Got your white knight ass handed to you and wanna whine about it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We de-volve as a people minute by minute. Add to that a total loss of leadership and willingness to allow criminals to walk boldly out of incarceration due to funds diverted to lazy pukes which have no plans of ever being productive citizens and that de-evolution picks up steam.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Raeford
We de-volve as a people minute by minute. Add to that a total loss of leadership and willingness to allow criminals to walk boldly out of incarceration due to funds diverted to lazy pukes which have no plans of ever being productive citizens and that de-evolution picks up steam.
NGAF

Originally Posted by deflave
Get your dick out of that rooster and go to church.

Travis
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
If you're as old as you say you are and still lack a clue, your best bet is staying home a lot.

Spot on. Priceless.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not suprised that would someone assault you. I believe this applies to you, Thanks to liberals, modern medicine and OSHA the weak and stupid are defying nature at an alarming rate.

Last edited by nathanial; 07/03/13.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been holding off on saying anything but ...

If you think you need a weapon to back up your mouth in situation where's there's no crime being committed, when you're not in self-defense situation other than what you might create ... you're an idiot.

There's a time and a place for using a weapon in defense of your life, or others, but if you say something to a drunk in a restaurant that causes a confrontation and it ends up with somebody being shot ... plan on George Zimmerman type trial.

If you would have informed the restaurant management or called the cops you two old [bleep] wouldn't have wound up in a fight. Doing stupid schit has stupid consequences.

S
S
someone in the thread suggested self defense training for you. that is what i did in lima, courtesy of the Marine Guard at the embassy, crash course over one month. saved my life.

the only LOD event i've been in, i survived because of that training. i used my nikon as a mace. worked just like the marine guard told me it would.

i was a radical leftist when i went to peru and a radical rightist when i came back.

it's tuff learning on the street, but nothings changed in the 20,000 years mankind has been around. it's the only place anyone ever learns anything. everything else is theory.

be grateful that you learned with minimal cost. get your CC and travel the streets armed. my anxiety levels went WAY down when WI passed CC. i do not go out unarmed anymore. part of that is because of my business, but 40% is because of the general lawlessness on the streets now.

with the economy collapsing, it's got nowhere to go but down. even the radical leftists that i still consort with are getting their CCs for self protection.

as for the crazed druggies, not much you can do but stand your ground effectively armed.

in your situation,without having a CC, you would have been at a legal disadvantage and would have had to completely rely on the self defense laws of NV. Unwise.

i've also taken to carrying an aluminum baseball bat with me. it has great potential and can be openly carried (hey, i'm a little league dad) My 9yo daughter is a little embarrassed, but in a bar fight, it's a good first start. Pretty much stops a knife attack in it's tracks.

From a law standpoint (not a good SD position, tho) I TRY to let the other side escalate to violence. Doesn't always work (only so much good for Zimmerman). But, it's nice to have on the books if things escalate to LOD.

In your situation, I'd have registered a complaint with management just to be on the books. After they did nothing, if you have your CC and your buddy is also, CCing, you will be more prepared for an escalation. Drunks are tuff AND you don't know what he's carrying. Knives are common.

One of my fishing buddies is an LEO and he has to deal with this everyday. I've not seen anyone in my lifetime who exudes more PATIENCE as a pervasive life force as much as him. He's says that if the AH is on booze or dope, just let them slide around in their own chit until they fall down, then lock them up. Pretty good advice. I carry 16" electrical cable ties with me now routinely.

When i go out the door now, it's: CC?, check; Baseball bat?, check; cable ties? check. Good to go. My 9yo is taking self defense and i'm teaching her how to shoot. Baring GBH dosing, she will have a chance to have a respectful life.

As an aside, a taser is not a regulated CC (i believe) and can be carried anywhere. not expensive and pretty much appropriate SD in a situation like you found yourself in

Sad what we've come to, but i suspect most of what we luxuriated in was an illusion (my opinion since lima.)

get that CC app in...

Last edited by stuwest; 07/03/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fish head
I've been holding off on saying anything but ...

If you think you need a weapon to back up your mouth in situation where's there's no crime being committed, when you're not in self-defense situation other than what you might create ... you're an idiot.

There's a time and a place for using a weapon in defense of your life, or others, but if you say something to drunk in a restaurant that causes a confrontation and it ends up with somebody being shot ... plan on George Zimmerman type trial.

If you would have informed the restaurant management or called the cops you two old [bleep] wouldn't have wound up in a fight. Doing stupid schit has stupid consequences.

Right on, the thing pizzpine needs is a weapon in public, like someone above stated he should stay home or check himself into the nut hut.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was having dinner at a Chinese Buffet (no surprise) with a friend and 4 guys came in and sat down. They had greased hair and white (wife beaters) muscle shirts. One guy had to be 300 pounds. They were very loud and the first thing they did was go into the bathroom and light up a joint. A couple went up to the buffet and a couple sat down. They were loud, and obnoxious. The big guy sat down and fell backwards out of his chair. I laughed. He said "I guess it's time to lose a little weight." I'm 6'3 and 275 pounds. I just chuckled and smiled. He got up and, with his friend, walked past me to the next table where a skinny guy and his family were eating. He started with the guy. "You think it's funny." "It'll be really funny when I bust your head...." You know the stuff. I walked outside, across the street to the doughnut shop and called the police. I said they were 4 guys. They were high, and they were threatening the diners. 4 cars came, and each cop came out with a dude. They searched the car, and one guy was handcuffed and stuffed in the squad car. The others were allowed to leave, including the big guy. I guess they found drugs on the one they kept or he had a warrant of some kind. I knew afterwards it was the right thing to do. A little voice in my head told me the guy was a coward because I was laughing at him and he walked by me to confront the little guy. A grown up playground bully. If he put his hands on me, I'd let him have it as best I could, but for another person... I did my duty and that was it. I've got a family to go home to myself.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
ppine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Fishhead and nathaniel,
I am willing to take your crap this time. What may be lost on you is how the world has changed. I have been talking my out of trouble for a lifetime. I grew up in a time when people were reasonable. It is hard to change lifelong habits. I have always been a large, athletic person, but at 63 changes have to be made.
Bristoe has given the best and most constructive advice so far.

Last edited by ppine; 07/03/13.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ppine
Stuwest,
Thanks for the good thoughts. I have been to Lima and it is a rough town.

Lots of people are tough guys in front of a little screen in their mom's basement. There are some people on this thread though that seem to know what they are talking about.

If you do confront azzholes, how do you keep from shooting them? The interpretation of the law is still somewhat fuzzy when it comes to self-defense. I can't fathom the idea of prison time for doing the right thing.

What is a good plan when it comes to crazed buttheads? Please elaborate if you can. I get the idea loud and clear about having a plan and a backup plan. It seems too tempting to me put a hole in someone that really deserves it. Anyone one ever use pepper spray? It works on bears.

First off, ask yourself if you really NEED any more complications in your life. If you do, here is your plan:

Step 1: Have your handgun out of sight in your weak hand.

Step 2: Have a heavy object close by that can be thrown at some velocity. A big sugar shaker HAS worked fine.

Step 3: DO NOT GET UP OUT OF YOUR CHAIR. With a smile, ask them in a loud but calm voice to please knock off the bad language.

Step 4: If they turn it into a physical confrontation, throw the sugar shaker at their head as hard as you can. Don't warn or bluff, just throw the damn thing.

Step 5: Shoot.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ppine

The logic stated that before a confrontation, no matter how seemingly polite and insignificant I should have gone out to the truck first and retreived the revolver.

Grab a gun, walk into the restaurant brandishing a weapon, and then mouth off to a couple of drunks.

I'm sure that would have worked out well. crazy

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For all of you, almost the majority, if the OP remained quiet and allowed the hostess to ask them to leave and she was pushed to the floor, would you remain seated and call the police?

Dave

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I didn't read much of the thread, but I'm guessing ppine deserved getting his azzz kicked in.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDW
For all of you, almost the majority, if the OP remained quiet and allowed the hostess to ask them to leave and she was pushed to the floor, would you remain seated and call the police?
I don't believe much of what pissy pine posts, so I don't theorize.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
ppine

Your evidently not street smart nor have been in your past..I have four boys from 45 to 23 that are fighting fools...One at our age don't just mouth off to the younger folk without knowing your going to get punched!Get real.....

You done mesed up dude,going into that without a plan.....My advice to you is walk away or get it on first,not wait for the agressor.A beer mug hurts like hell but levels the playing field...

Posting your azz whipping is your second mistake....

Work on it.

Jayco

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RDW

Totally different scenario from OP.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You see this here dealio should be a valuable lesson for the majority of the keyboard badasses here at the fire. You all get on here talking a bunch of shiit and your "buddies" get you all pumped up and ready to take on a bear with a switch in the woods at night. You wake up the next morning with your chest stuck out and thinking to yourselves this may just be the day my little friend decides to get stiff again, then you go out in public and open your mouth when you should have kept it shut and get kicked right in the balls by someone that ain't skeered of your ass. Yeah sure you should have just whipped out your pistol and just shot them right there, well dumbass getting your ass kicked doesn't justify you shooting someone. I bet you wish you had of kept your mouth shut to those guys and to the people here on the fire, because you are the laughing stock of the fire now. But maybe just maybe you saved some of your "buddies" that think they can throw down their canes and jump up off their jazzy chairs and whip anybodies ass ,from the embarrassment you are now dealing with. But I doubt it! You sir win the dumfukk of the year award.

I got hooked on phonics
Guess my IP now fistphuckology!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pistols have know place in his scenario other than getting you locked up...Now knocking the drunk bad mouth out-is another thing..But that is extreme if he wasn't aiming it at you...

His only option was...Just knocking him out if he could or just walk away or,give him his best shot and if he don't go down,run like a mother trucker hoping he is to drunk to run.. laugh

Jayco

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laffin
Dumb enough to do it, then dumb enough to come here and tell the world how dumb you are. jeanyus

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1moredeer, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.