Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've never used Seafoam to clean gunk from a carburetor or fuel injection but reading all the rave reviews here I decided to give a try.

My ATV had some old gas in it, the carb was gunked up, and it would start OK but it wouldn't run without leaving the choke on. It idled rough too.

So ... I siphoned the old gas out of it, added a couple of gallons of fresh gas with Seafoam mixed in, and low and behold after about running it for about twenty minutes the carb cleared up, it idles without the choke on, and runs as smooth as it ever did.

In the past I've used nothing but Techron but Seafoam is just as good. They both do exactly what they're supposed to do.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
along with 100% gas it goes in all of my machines... everytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recently used it in my Dodge truck and te amount of carbon that burned off was amazing. It also smoothed out a rough idle it had and my gas mileage has improved. I also added it to my F250HD via the brake booster vacuum hose and I got nothing for smoke but I think the previous owner may have used it before I bought it from him.

I'll try it in my wheeler when I get back from our east coast trip, I think the carb could really use it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It works way more often, than not. The ethanol mandates have made it a must have item.

If it's an older machine, it would be a very good idea to replace all of the fuel lines, too. They degrade and fail at the worst possible times.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
can't live without the stuff, have too much stuff that sits.

i.e. 5 chainsaws, pressure washer, lawnmowers, summer only car

it's a miracle drug

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My next experiment with Seafoam will be to add some to the crankcase/engine oil in my truck. I had a leaky intake manifold gasket and there's still a very slight amount of anti-freeze residue that I can see on the oil filler cap.

I changed the oil 100 miles after I fixed the gasket problem and there's no contamination or leaks but I just want to get the last little bit of red Dexcool residue out. It will be interesting to see if Seafoam will accomplish that task.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fish head
I've never used Seafoam to clean gunk from a carburetor or fuel injection but reading all the rave reviews here I decided to give a try.

My ATV had some old gas in it, the carb was gunked up, and it would start OK but it wouldn't run without leaving the choke on. It idled rough too.

So ... I siphoned the old gas out of it, added a couple of gallons of fresh gas with Seafoam mixed in, and low and behold after about running it for about twenty minutes the carb cleared up, it idles without the choke on, and runs as smooth as it ever did.

In the past I've used nothing but Techron but Seafoam is just as good. They both do exactly what they're supposed to do.

I like Seafoam in my atv. I use Gumout with Regane, Techron and Redline SI-1 in my vehicles as they contain PEA and that stuff is AMAZING

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In our shop, we used the BG cleaning system for years, but found seafoam to be just as good if not better, and a LOT cheaper. As an oil treatment, it works great, but the customers didnt like the fact they would have to change oil again in a couple hundred miles. For long term oil treatments, we found rislone to be much easier for customers to swallow. But seafoam is much more effective. I didnt like their deep creep lubricant for breaking this loose. PB blaster worked much better in that situation. But ya, their seafoam fuel treatment is great stuff.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The stuff works great, You should also try the Seafoam for Transmissions, makes 'em like new again.

Years ago I bought a ford van that the trans was acting funny on so I got it cheap. Had a friend of mine suggest the seafoam so I bought a can of it put it in and 200 miles later that tranny was bangin' the gears like it was new, Wife drove it for 6 more years after that and I sold it for what I paid for it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I buy it by the case and use it in all my small engines. On occasion people have complained to me about their small engine problems and I gave them a can to shut them up. wink

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good info.

I've been holding off on adding Seafoam to the oil in my truck until it's a few hundred miles away from the next oil change.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I use it in everything out here. My Stihl FS110 weedeater was acting up so I put in Seafoam, probably too much actually, and it looked like I was weedeating in the middle of a brushfire. I drained what was left, filled it up and it's started 1st crank with no choke for over 3 months now. I added it to my diesel tractor the other day and it seems to run better too.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Seafoam and PB blaster. They are the cats meow. Use both of them by the case.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seafoam = good stuff.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seafoam is good stuff. I use some in every tank of gas, in my old 4Runner.

Sam......

S
S
we use so much o fit here on the farm that we make it by the 5gall pail...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use it a desert topping.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Without Seafoam 2 cycle mix won't keep for 2 months anymore. With Seafoam, I've used mix that was 2 years old.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I heard that Seafoam and sprinkles of Varget on Cornflakes is the breakfast of champions.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Cartod
I use it a desert topping.

So, that explains the avatar pic!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (2ndwind, 41rem, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,003 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,011
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.