Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Leave a few trout behind, willya? Pugs and I are going up thattaway in a few weeks to meet up with ingwe. We have to catch at least one trout so we can each pose holding it and claim we actually went fishing.

Check out the fish that Rocky and Pugs caught! And look at that minnow that Ingwe's showing off!

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I was just there but I left plenty of Montana for you, Steve.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Um....Montana was fished out in 1978 or so. By me. Really.

But you can sure flail the water if you want.

Have a grand time, stay cool, smoke lots.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You do know that them folks up there talk funny, don't you? grin

What do you mean by that? Just because we drive our outfits,eat pasties,camp up a coulee, hunt prairie maggots,fish for lochs,and plug in our trucks in the winter....

we talk funny??

I fergot my Snoose in the jockey-box of my rig and since it is spendy, and i am all ready high-centered, my driving would be all cadywompus i didn't want to drive all the way to kwik-way, and buy a new can.
So since i was sixes and sevens, I just sat down in a coulee and watched a slew of speed goats graze down by the crick.

To the OP, WELCOME to Montana!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Enjoy, hombre!

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I hope you have a great time, Steve. Sounds like a well balanced plan. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Leave a few trout behind, willya? Pugs and I are going up thattaway in a few weeks to meet up with ingwe. We have to catch at least one trout so we can each pose holding it and claim we actually went fishing.

Ive got one on ice...just in case... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Greetings from God's country...got into Billings before noon yesterday, made a quick hit on Cabelas and made it into Red Lodge mid afternoon...in time for a to try the west fork of Rock Creek. it's been raining every day so the rivers are high and fast but I managed to pick up a rainbow and two little browns on dry hoppers.

Montana is beautiful as always and really green from all the rain. this is my buddy's house outside Red Lodge

[Linked Image]

this is the old root cellar of the original homestead
which they've turned into a seating area with a gas firepit...he killed a deer out of it last year, whitetails are thick in his little patch of woods

[Linked Image]

this is the old barn

[Linked Image]

ran up the West Rosebud to Emerald Lake today...beautiful drive

my two partners in crime..both old cronies of more than 30 years standing

[Linked Image]

fish weren't very cooperative today for me..got two nice rainbows though. one of the other guys got eight...but the high water is killing us

here I am pounding on them....the scenery makes up for slow fishing

[Linked Image]

fishing the Stillwater in a boat tomorrow...they did real well up there today so hopefully the body count will improve, but this is really a guy's getaway so that is sort of secondary.

Will post more tomorrow night.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Smiling.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enjoy your stay..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
JC stop pussyfootin' around already; you can go a lot further than ankle deep y'know! wink

Good stuff mon. I've yet to make it to MT, but going to fix that soon. What a gorgeous country we have.

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Steve,
If you get a chance, make a run of about 20 miles up hwy 78 (toward Columbus) to Roscoe. They have a place called "The Grizzly Bar & Grill". Famous for their steaks and the bar. You won't be sorry. I'll be in Columbus with Shortactionsmoker in October and I'm sure we will go to Roscoe.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lastround
Hey Steve,
If you get a chance, make a run of about 20 miles up hwy 78 (toward Columbus) to Roscoe. They have a place called "The Grizzly Bar & Grill". Famous for their steaks and the bar. You won't be sorry. I'll be in Columbus with Shortactionsmoker in October and I'm sure we will go to Roscoe.

we went through Roscoe today on the way up to the Rosebud....saw the Grizzly..looked like a cool place. wish we'd had time to find the battlefield..saw a sign for the marker.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
JC stop pussyfootin' around already; you can go a lot further than ankle deep y'know! wink

The current is blowing out of the river into the lake there....you couldn't stand up if you stepped off into the waist deep water, or I would have been creeping up on them

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Take a gander at Jeremiah Johnson's little cabin there in Red Lodge. He was town marshal there in the late 1800s. Neat little town. By the way, I hope you have good luck fishing.

Last edited by lastround; 07/09/13.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't know Jeremiah Johnson ever lived in a house. wink

I look for it when we go downtown tonight to eat.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice, ENJOY, Steve. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks like you're having a FINE time!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

The current is blowing out of the river into the lake there....you couldn't stand up if you stepped off into the waist deep water, or I would have been creeping up on them

Time to be learning the "controlled skidder".

Prof. McManus has a tutorial out...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a little cabin sitting on the right just before the downtown area. I'm sure your friend who lives there knows where. And, yes, you will really like Beartooth pass into Wyoming if you go to the Park that way.

Doug
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, 2UP, 10 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,075
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.