-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Post, and right on. Well got some good news anyway from the draws. Got Bull moose and cow elk draw for Oct- Nov. Sure RCMP are out of line with many of their policies but its still better than the police in Africa. Can't even have rifles or handguns here. Only thing you can have is a shotgun.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While the Canadian police forces could and probably are monitoring this site and many others, how much importance are we as free Canadian citizens prepared to give to that monitoring?

For myself not much, I refuse to be frightened by the possibility of a "red serge knock" at the door. Those who may be intimidated by that possibility, only encourage further and more intrusive police monitoring.

I say, we just go ahead living our lives as we see fit, saying what we want to say when we want to say it on whatever forum we want use, and if any of us are in any way reprimanded by the government and/or the police forces that we pay for and are there to serve us, we mutually defend that persecuted individual as best we can.

Hopefully I am just being a bit of a "tin hat" here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
n007;
Good post sir - I hope that this finds you all well on this warm Sunday evening too by the way.

When I first began to wander onto forums I decided that I'd simply act and write as if I was actually there/here in person.

If I'd not say it to you on our back deck then I'd not say it here.

Folks that have met me can hopefully agree that how I post is the real me - we've talked on the phone if I recall correctly and then you know I struggle with brevity.... laugh

As far as what I'd say to any LEO that I know - they'd say I'd definitely state what I have here. Then again a couple of them are fellow "gun guys" and ALL of them know that I'm one and would expect nothing less from me.

Anyway sir, good post and thanks for doing so. Have a good summer n007.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Read a short article in our local paper yesterday stating that "most" of the firearms seized by the RCMP have now been returned to their owners.

The article went on to explain that about a third of them are still being held in police custody! The RCMP were doing a check of PAL's and if the owner was not able to produce a current possession and acquisition licence, the guns remained in police hands. But they did release some of those guns to the owners relatives who could produce the proper licence.

So it seems like a couple of things can be deduced from this. Police really were on a opportunistic mission to enforce firearms laws by stealing private property during an emergency.

And they have understood at least part of the message from an outraged public and the Alberta & Canadian governments to focus on more important matters.

All in all, this event reinforces my suspicion of our police in such matters.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No small part of the trouble is, to them it does seem to be an important matter.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (204guy, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 280Ackleyrized, 117LBS, 30 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,776
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.