Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
No .458s on the list either. grin

yes,there is.the 350gr flat point, and the 350gr round nose ,are on the list.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like they are balls to the wall manufacturing ammos for somebody... won't attempt to guess who.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The only Hornady bullets that consistently fly off my local shelves are Amax and Bthp and they're suspending them? Kiss my ass I'll go elsewhere and not look back.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bloodworks
The only Hornady bullets that consistently fly off my local shelves are Amax and Bthp and they're suspending them? Kiss my ass I'll go elsewhere and not look back.

Kinda what I've been thinking too.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It doesn't matter what they are or are not making, we are but roughly 15 months from another election in this country! Election = shortages! So, if they're not caught up, then they fall even further behind, right??

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

I was hoping to get some 75gr AMax's for my Rock River Varmint Special. frown

Don't bother, by the time you've got them deep enough to be in the magazine the case-mouth is opening back up.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Steve Hornady put up a video about it recently.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And here I was thinking I could ride this panic/hording crap out for a while. I know my local shop had what i need 2 days ago but I better stop in tomorrow.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
No .458s on the list either. grin

yes,there is.the 350gr flat point, and the 350gr round nose ,are on the list.

Naw, those are 45-70 bullets, not for .458... grin

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by bbassi
And here I was thinking I could ride this panic/hording crap out for a while. I know my local shop had what i need 2 days ago but I better stop in tomorrow.

Very irritating (especially the Amax).

I keep a big stock of components, and have always just made large orders to replace them as I use them. If you shoot continually, it's impossible to replace stock right now. I hate it, but about the only way I can ride it out is to shoot less.... I'm pretty patient, but I'm starting to get really pissed at people who are buying to set stuff back they'll never use. If someone isn't shooting then they need to just live with what they have.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you special?

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bobcape
Steve Hornady put up a video about it recently.

Bob

you see this from the Manufacturers perspective as they are trying to do the best they can to support their customers, and then you see guys on the forum here, who are claiming that they will "never buy another Hornady product", thinking Hornady is screwing the consumer...

that's there choice... which I support... as it will mean more product availability to those of us that like their bullets...

This entire country is a free for all mentality anymore... and has lost all sense of any sanity it might have once had...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I understand Hornady's change of priority, what I don't understand is how the decision to stop production of several AMAX bullets makes sense? I haven't seen AMAX of any caliber in stock for 8 months. To me, that means they are in high demand. Why shut them down when that's what people are screaming for?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ratsnakeboogy
I understand Hornady's change of priority, what I don't understand is how the decision to stop production of several AMAX bullets makes sense? I haven't seen AMAX of any caliber in stock for 8 months. To me, that means they are in high demand. Why shut them down when that's what people are screaming for?

Or it could mean that they've not been produced in quite a while, demand is low, Hornady is merely making public knowledge what had already been a reality, and you (and I) run in circles (ie: hard core rifle loonys) whose demands are not indicative of the broader market place?

That'd be my bet, if I were a betting man.

I'm not, so I'll just continue to buy every box of Amax I come across and store 'em up so I don't run out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure Hornady knows which of their bullets sells the most and which sell the least.

Pretty simple to start at the bottom of the list and work your way up. The only judgement call would be how far up the list to go, and even that can be pretty cut and dried by any decent analysis of known production capacity. Set a goal to produce X amount of the top sellers and plan accordingly.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

if you have been in business, that is a real easy answer...

its done by the accountants... this product is moving at this rate, this one isn't... a business has to draw the line somewhere...

something else folks are not thinking about...some of this stuff, they may already have made what they need to meet demand for the rest of the year and it is sitting in warehouses already...

I am sure there are items on that list that they have already made plenty of earlier this year... and the way the marketplace's mindset is...they could have plenty of say 22 cal 75 or 80 grain A Maxes...but then how do they know that they announce they won't be making any more this year... that the panic crowd won't suddenly be buying all they can get their hands on???

working with production schedules in business before, I know that production engineers have to 'crystal ball' what they are going to make this month, and next month etc,
1.based on in house orders,
2. based on previous years demand
3. market projections...

with the panic buying of everything... this has to make a production manager's life a living hell right now in the shooting industry...

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Other companies have suspended production of low-selling items, but haven't made such a big public pronouncement about it.

If Hornady is suspending SOME A-Maxes, it's because they don't sell as many of those as other bullets. It's that simple. Just because some people are "screaming" for certain bullets doesn't change the number of those bullets actually ordered.

No sane company is going to increase production capacity by building a lot of new plants and buying extra machines. This is yet another bubble in the panic buying that apparently will occur in America every time shooters THINK the Federal Government MIGHT pass new anti-gun and ammo laws.

Back in 1994 the temporary Clinton-era assault rifle ban was passed, and aside from demand for AR's and high-cap magazines, a rumor went around about primers that would go dead within six months. People were sealing primers in PVC pipe and burying them in their back yards. (Did anybody ever run into any primers with 6-month life spans? No.) Some companies assumed at the time the boom would continue forever, and built new buildings and bought new machinery. They went broke when the boom busted.

The same thing is going on now. It's another boom fueled by paranoia about what MIGHT happens, not was what HAS happened. It's deeper and longer than the 1994 assault-rifle panic, or the 2008 Obama panic, but it will also end, because the Republican House isn't going to pass any new anti-gun laws.

Hornady's decision is a sane response to the insane buying and hoarding of many shooters right now. It's based on sound capitalistic business practices, not some random torture of fans of certain bullets.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
John I mentioned this on another of these kook-fueled forums but even at this late date, the kooks were lined up at 0530 in the morning in front of Academy Sports in order to pillage the Tuesday ammo delivery truck. It's insane

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by efw

Or it could mean that they've not been produced in quite a while, demand is low, Hornady is merely making public knowledge what had already been a reality, and you (and I) run in circles (ie: hard core rifle loonys) whose demands are not indicative of the broader market place?

That'd be my bet, if I were a betting man.

I'm not, so I'll just continue to buy every box of Amax I come across and store 'em up so I don't run out.

True, true.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Can you imagine the outcry if the government had done half as much to curtail the ability of average people to shoot and reload as the stockpilers have done?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 25 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,794
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.