Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,150 of 1,842 1 2 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good deal on the painting! Bitter sweet about the harley but there will be more.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow it has been quite some time since I have been on here. I just got caught up like 30+ pages.

Been busy I guess with moving, work, and I don't know what.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

Went wheeling yesterday. Finally took my new wheeler through the big mud hole. I was going to post a video of Scott going through it but I am kinda computer illiterate. I even drove my friends CanAm through it. That was a blast even though I got pretty soaked.

I let my friend drive mine home cuz she wanted to drive one with power steering and I drove Scott's. Well the front of the pack stopped quickly over the top of a hill and she couldn't stop in time. She ran into the back of me. We just thought the mount for the front rack broke, but once we got home and started looking we found:

Both of the radiator mounts were completely broke off.

[Linked Image]

Scott's hitch hit and broke the motor of the winch.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The bumper is pushed in pretty good. Bringing it in for an estimate tomorrow. But I was driving. smile

Material things can be fixed, at least nobody got hurt.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good to hear from you Muffy. Too bad about the quad. Son and family arrived Thursday and we've been on the run since. Had our own fireworks display in our driveway on the 4th. City fireworks are tonight over the river.

Put the boat in the water for the first time this year and no more leaks. Kids caught a bunch of small gills and Northerns.

Heading down to Waupaca shortly to set up for my uncle's 90th birthday party.

Looks like we start replacing the garage roof this coming Friday. Neighbor has a long weekend and says we're going to do it. I'll help with the tear off and that will be the extent of my involvement.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow! Great neighbor Bill. We have had a fun day on the lake for the last fee days. Today me best little buddy and I got up early and did a little fishing. He caught a 16" large mouth that have him a good tussle.

Car show later today.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Uncle, Uncle! I dont think we can take any more fun-filled, lake-playing days. The kids are shot and the parents are too.

I just cannot fathom the kind of person who would be a neighbor to ND and family and create enough problems to have them want to move. I just dont get it.

ND, if you have any bad neighbor stories you would like to share, they usually bring about a good chuckle for those of us who didnt have to experience it.....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nothing i'd care to share out in the open.

We're making good progress on our house though, really looking good around here.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
He's getting paid, Tom. But still nice of him to take it on.

Had a ball at the Uncles party yeaterday. Grandson got to spent time with cousins he hasn't seen in several years. Son, SIL and DIL were out fishing and brought back a mess of panfish. Fresh panfish and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Nothing i'd care to share out in the open.

We're making good progress on our house though, really looking good around here.

Dave-my offer still stands. Let me know when you're ready to move and I'm on my way up. JustOneGunner doesn't even know he wants to help too, but Dad has a way of convincing him of that, so just let us know.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
thanks man.

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Spent all day Monday in Wisconsin Dells with the kids. A full day of Water Parks, mini golf, archades and the famous Duck rides.

Humidity was awfull, temp around 90*

Kids flying back this afternoon, but weather not looking good. Thunderstorms going to hit shortly.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
98 here today humidity 55% 100's next 5 days

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
went down to the cities today and it rained cats and dogs all the way down. wow, did it rain!

You are gonna get it soon I think Griz! Tie a life jacket on the dog!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Low 80's and still very humid here right now. Just starting to sprinkle.

Kids made it to Chicago this PM in between storms there.

Tornado touched down in the Antigo area about 15 minutes after their flight left. Antigo is about 45 miles from the airport the the kids flew out of.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Update. There have been 3 more confirmed tornados just South and East of us. All between 5:55 PM and 6:20 PM. No damage reports yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dang Bill, I'm just getting on to read, I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. we've been getting lots of rain this summer too, and we sure needed it. crops all look green as can be. corn is almost chest high, beans aren't super, but doing good. cameras go out today for my annual survey. I'm getting anxious for deer season!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We're good, Ryan. Doesn't sound like there was much damage on the ones to the South. The North was hit harder but mostly trees and power lines.

Kids made it back to Portland late last night.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
good to hear! weather is not to be trifled with, ma nature can get nasty sometimes.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
beautiful day to play outside here. 65, low humidity, clear...great. It feel like september. grin

I'm headed up to Duluth to play around with my 78 4x4 pick up this weekend. I'm hoping to leave work early on Friday and get a good long weekend in on it. I think with a month of weekends, I'll have it licked. Or at least ready to paint.

Mechanicals shouldn't be bad. Breaks, rear shocks, fuel pump leak, rear diff fluid leak. The shocks I have. The fuel pump is should be easy enough, rear diff leak is a redneck but simple fix, and the breaks will take me a full day....at least. I have to run break lines for the whole truck.

I (we) may be able to finish most, if not all the body work this weekend if things go right. Lots of sanding and small dent repair.

I figure a full weekend for the interior prep as well if I don't paint the truck blue.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wouldn't you rather help put on a garage roof? I'm sure I could round up another hammer for you. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well...that's still playing outside. If there was anything I could do for your garage roof from the ground, I'd be your guy. Roof's are not my thing. There is a reason people make a living doing them. grin

Page 1,150 of 1,842 1 2 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.