Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by iambrb
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I have always had stellar service, but they do have an option to ship regular mail. it is the cheapest, but the last time I ordered, their website showed that there was no tracking for it, and you know what that means.

I am sorry that this happening to you, but I think it may be the fault of the option you chose, and not the shipper. I know this because I did virtually the same thing on some dies a few years ago. Took those dies 14 days to get from Midway USA to my house in SC. When I called to complain, they very politely told me what I just told you.

No matter what he chose, it's on Midway! With the prices they charge for shipping there should be no option which leaves the buyer without what he paid for under any set of circumstances.

to think that you have no culpability is not smart, to put it mildly. Midway does not charge more than anyone else for shipping, so the charges for shipping are not so much midway's but the carrier.

To put your statement that it is totally on Midway is to say that any loss of your 401K is completely the fault of the investing company. Again, not smart under the best of circumstances.

Lastly, I never said they would not come thru and he was out anything, but since the OP chose to go cheap, the price for that may be that he has to wait and see what happens. The proof that I am correct is that with this or whoever he next does bid-niss wit-yo, he will pay the small amount extra for a tracking number

That depends on what you mean by culpability.You were very vague in your original statement( you know what that means).To suggest that it may take a little longer than normal because of a choice is reasonable. The responsibility to deliver the goods in a timely manner however is entirely on the shipper.

GB1

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
If any of you Midway fans have 'bears scope, please send it back. He's down to about 75 of them now and really needs this one.

The F-4 Phantom II is the standard of excellence that all modern fighters are measured by. Sign on the wall at the factory in St. Louis.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have never had a problem with midway. however in recent years the dealer program has really started to become a joke. in many cases the "dealer" price is more than the public pays at other places. I have tended to order less and less from them as the years have went by. many items have no dealer discount anymore. some of us that have FFL's don't pay full price for pretty much anything gun related. as a result for high ticket optics in particular I buy elsewhere.

I think midway's retail prices are really high I am surprised they do as well as they do with the general public.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have always had stellar service, but they do have an option to ship regular mail. it is the cheapest, but the last time I ordered, their website showed that there was no tracking for it, and you know what that means.

I am sorry that this happening to you, but I think it may be the fault of the option you chose, and not the shipper. I know this because I did virtually the same thing on some dies a few years ago. Took those dies 14 days to get from Midway USA to my house in SC. When I called to complain, they very politely told me what I just told you.

No matter what he chose, it's on Midway! With the prices they charge for shipping there should be no option which leaves the buyer without what he paid for under any set of circumstances.

to think that you have no culpability is not smart, to put it mildly. Midway does not charge more than anyone else for shipping, so the charges for shipping are not so much midway's but the carrier.

To put your statement that it is totally on Midway is to say that any loss of your 401K is completely the fault of the investing company. Again, not smart under the best of circumstances.

Lastly, I never said they would not come thru and he was out anything, but since the OP chose to go cheap, the price for that may be that he has to wait and see what happens. The proof that I am correct is that with this or whoever he next does bid-niss wit-yo, he will pay the small amount extra for a tracking number

That depends on what you mean by culpability.You were very vague in your original statement( you know what that means).To suggest that it may take a little longer than normal because of a choice is reasonable. The responsibility to deliver the goods in a timely manner however is entirely on the shipper.

Yes, I am well aware of what that means. I also know you to be partly wrong. A few months ago, I shifted career paths within my company, I am now 1/3 of the management of a large Distribution facility. Here is what happens:
You the buy, have shipping options, but if you choose the cheapest without tracking, it is not the seller's responsibility, it is that of the shipper, and thanks so much for confirming/pointing that out above. The shipper in this case is USPS. Now in our, and I am betting Midway's case, we give the package ample time to get there if it is sitting in a sort facility or mistaken as to class, it is usually shipped 3rd class by USPS (thier rule, not mine) so this may take weeks for it to get to where it is going, if in fact it ever gets there. All the sort locations in route must be ID'd, then checked to see if it is there. Only after all of this happens can a determination be made as to what, if anything, to do, but I am going to hit you with some reality from Midway's point of view, if it ships general USPS post, they have no control over it once it leaves thier hands, and that is their statement to me. So if he chose "Best Way", which is one of thier options, per Midway, not me, and pointed out by you, once it leaves their hands, it is on the shipper

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm sure that's all true but Midway still has the responsibility to make sure the purchaser receives his product in a timely fashion even if they have to ship him a new one in their preferred manner, and I assume they likely will if enough time goes by . If choosing the cheapest shipping option causes them that problem then they should remove that option from their choices.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by JGray
My recent experiences with Midway have been great. I receive an e-mail confirmation when my order is being processed, and another e-mail when it ships that includes a tracking number.

That used to be the case with me too. Now I have noticed about half the time I don't get the shipping email, but the item just shows up.

Midway does offer a new goofy shipping service though, and I think it defaults to it when you order. It starts out as UPS, then changes over to post office for final delivery. Adds about 3-4 days to the shipping.

My experience with the new UPS to USPS hand-off shipping method has been less than stellar - more or less pathetic. At the moment I have a small package that's been back and forth between Midway and the USPS terminal adjacent the UPS terminal, at least 3 times.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
lambrb.... I ordered a product from a mail order retailer. I followed their instructions and paid for the product. Midway has not told me how it was shipped or even if it was shipped [and I asked} Now it is my fault that I don't have the product I paid for? I must say that is an interesting concept. If that is your company's business model than I hope I don't have to do business with you.

Lions is bad. Lions is feerse. Lions ete folks.
Edison Marshall "The Heart of the Hunter"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, I did not say it was your fault...I said you had culpability, in our case, we make good, we have to, as our products are used to clean cleanrooms and labs where tools are prepped for surgery, surgical rooms, and diabetic use needles, to name a few. We make good, which is why we are on the rise to be the dominant in our industry, but you need to realize that shippers, not seller, and sometimes sellers, not shippers, make mistakes, and going the cheapest route is the most likely way to have it happen. had you used any shipping method requiring a tracking number, from order pick to final delivery, there would be a very obvious trail. midway is like anyone else, they understand that people may make a buy decision based upon shipping costs, so they offer it.

Do I think they will make good? Yes, I have every confidence of it. Do I think if it is not in a manner or time that is satisfactory to you that you should be upset? No, I do not.

You don't have to like it, but that is how it is, plain and simple, don't hate on me for being willing to say it.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
edit to just watch ....

Last edited by g5m; 07/11/13.

Retired cat herder.

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
iambrb As I've said in post, I don't know how it was shipped or if it was shipped. Midway confirmed to me a label was produced but could not confirm shipping. You say I am at fault. Please advise me how you know it was shipped and by who.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
elliesbeear, what I keep saying and you are not hearing is that unless you pay for the shipping method that involves a tracking number, than thing like this can & do happen, and it looks like it did. That tracking number actually provides a bit more info, in that it proves that the shipper got it. What Midway has is basically a 'pick ticket', and that means it may of may not have been picked. So, until they prove otherwise, you wait. That is the nature of the option you chose.

PS - this is why my company went away from this system. for this very reason.

_
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
iamlb Hmmm, please tell what tracking number you refer to...and specify the information you have that the item actually left midway

Last edited by elliesbear; 07/11/13.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
elliesbeear, what I keep saying and you are not hearing is that unless you pay for the shipping method that involves a tracking number, than thing like this can & do happen, and it looks like it did. That tracking number actually provides a bit more info, in that it proves that the shipper got it. What Midway has is basically a 'pick ticket', and that means it may of may not have been picked. So, until they prove otherwise, you wait. That is the nature of the option you chose.

PS - this is why my company went away from this system. for this very reason.

All companies ship with tracking of some kind.
It is standard even with USPS packages. I am
doubtful Midway is any different.
That is why they track, to prove delivery, otherwise they
will be shipping another one.

Last edited by Farmboy1; 07/11/13.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've been watching this discussion.

Bottom line, if Midway can't confirm product went out the door, then it doesn't matter what shipper the OP chose or non-chose, this is on Midway.

My advice to him is to call their customer service line, possibly get a supervisor right from the git-go, and insist they ship product immediately. He can return the duplicate item if it shows up.

This is a warehouse mistake, responsibility hasn't passed to the shipper if there's no record of product being shipped.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't, you don't listen very well - until Midway can show that it has or has not left, then you wait.

I guess what I should have done is just to fully agree with you, I guess since you thought you should order it & was doing Midway such a huge favor for doing so, they should be on the phone to sweet talk you every hour so your ego isn't further ruffled.

_
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass the popcorn please...........

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
iambrb Sir, I wish you well in your career change.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The buyer delivered the money.
It's on Midway to deliver the goods.
Tracking numbers and carriers are not the responsibilities of the consumer who paid.
I'm sure if you called Larry, he'll take time out from posing for pictures and making gunsmithing vids to make this right.

Americans First!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have always liked Midway but haven't bought much in the past few years as their S&H costs became exorbitant . I often found myself paying 20% or more for shipping.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I usually make sure a package was not left in an other than usual place if i was not home. Fed ex left package at a door of the house that is obviously not used. Took a week to figure out what happened.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 64 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,125
Posts18,502,439
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.