Print Thread
Hop To
Page 65 of 116 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 115 116
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wonder if travon regrets buying skittles and tea, and walking down a deserted back alley is regretted by him, as he walks and talks with Jesus?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
At the moment GZ shot TM he had no choice. However, he did have a choice in the events leading up to the confrontation.

???

Is there any legal logic to that?

I don't think so, unless somebody has made it against the law to form neighborhood watches...maybe only the Feds can watch your neighborhood.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He should have kept on walking,I suppose.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
First, I don't believe GZ's statement that after he parked his truck he went looking for an address. That was a lie. He went down the path where he had last seen TM, he didn't see him at the T or down the dogwalk, continued to the next street, didn't see him there, and then headed back to his truck where encountered TM at the T.

It could be argued that a reasonable person would not have pursued TM. Granted it wasn't illegal and GZ had the right to do so but a reasonable person may not have.

Was it a screw up? Yes and no depending on how you look at it.

If he would have stayed in his truck he wouldn't be in the deep doo-doo he's in now. I bet if you asked GZ twenty years from now if he regrets getting out of his truck that night he'd probably say yes.

And that night could have been the night treyvon decided he wanted to mature into a rapist after his next burglary. If you were Z and you believed the rapist was the guy you coukd have followed and maybe Id'd. How woukd you feel then?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
At the moment GZ shot TM he had no choice. However, he did have a choice in the events leading up to the confrontation.

???

I don't think so, unless somebody has made it against the law to form neighborhood watches...maybe only the Feds can watch your neighborhood.

Personally. I see this as two seperate confrontations. Z ended the firat went he started to return to his vehicle. TReadmark initiated the second. With the sucker punch

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TM should have gone home instead of confronting GZ. He got the best of GZ for a while but he picked the wrong creepy azz cracker to start a fight with.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

This is from the live blog. See bold: this is what will screw GZ. The jury will have an out, and have some sort of conviction.
Sure hope not!

5:40 p.m. ET: Defense attorney O'Mara asks if it makes more sense to do all of the closing arguments on Friday so they happen on the same day, instead of splitting them up.

"The reason I told you what schedule I wanted is because it makes sense to me," said the judge. She then dismissed the court.

5:38 p.m. ET: The defense has requested that closing arguments be delayed. The judge delays them until 1 p.m. ET on Thursday. She says the prosecution will present its rebuttal argument on Friday morning and the jury will be charged after that.

The judge tells the attorneys to return at 9 a.m. ET to go over jury instructions.

5:37 p.m. ET: The prosecution and defense both say there are no additional special instructions they want included on the jury instructions (aside from the other issues they've reserved until tomorrow).

5:33 p.m. ET: The judge says "justifiable use of deadly force" (stand your ground) will also be discussed tomorrow, in regards to the jury instructions.

5:32 p.m. ET: Prosecutors want manslaughter and aggravated assault to be included as lesser charges in the jury instructions. The defense objects and the judge says they will take up this matter on Thursday.

5:29 p.m. ET: The judge wants to go over the jury instructions with the attorneys.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Could this whole dog and pony show be a poly to incite a race war so the powers that be can declare martial law and run rough shod over everyone's constitutional rights?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
SOP. Nothing unusual there.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Trayvon should have kept his hind end in his own 'hood and not have been out "monkeying around" at night where he didn't belong! Hell, I don't go to 'hood looking for trouble!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First, I don't believe GZ's statement that after he parked his truck he went looking for an address. That was a lie. He went down the path where he had last seen TM, he didn't see him at the T or down the dogwalk, continued to the next street, didn't see him there, and then headed back to his truck where encountered TM at the T.

It could be argued that a reasonable person would not have pursued TM. Granted it wasn't illegal and GZ had the right to do so but a reasonable person may not have.

If he would have stayed in his truck he wouldn't be in the deep doo-doo he's in now. I bet if you asked GZ twenty years from now if he regrets getting out of his truck that night he'd probably say yes.
I almost went to a gunshow at Springfield the day of the Joplin tornado two years ago. Joplin is between here and there. It would've put me at Ground Zero during the tornado. That would've been something I regretted, but that didn't make it illegal.

I don't know anything about the dancing around you're talking about. I listened to the audio of the conversation Z had with Police Dispatch and it trued up nicely with the story I heard him tell. He said he tried to follow Trayvon to keep him in sight for the popo and then lost him in the houses. He then went back to his truck. If you listen to the tape, it sounds as if he turned around a few moments after the Dispatcher told him they didn't need him following the suspicious character. It was about the same amount of time it would take a guy concentrating on following somebody and not getting jumped to process the info in a conversation that was sort of secondary. It sounded as if Z headed back to his truck then. He relates that Martin jumped him as he was doing so.

Everything he did was what a good neighbor and concerned citizen would do. He was more than that, having been elected Watch Captain. He had an obligation to do this, assuming he was still Watch Captain. If he wasn't, it was still the thing a good neighbor would do.

He was jumped from behind by a guy who had a good chance to just go home. Then he was pummeled mercilessly. Leaving out Z's assertion that Trayvon said he was going to kill him and went for his gun, the wounds I saw looked severe enough to warrant self-defense.

No mistakes save for tactical ones.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 07/10/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First, I don't believe GZ's statement that after he parked his truck he went looking for an address. When I have lived on complexes like this one, the addresses and mailboxes were either at the side of the building and addresses posted by the front door. That was a lie. He went down the path where he had last seen TM, he didn't see him at the T or down the dogwalk, continued to the next street, didn't see him there, and then headed back to his truck where encountered TM at the T.

Maybe this map will help with some of your questions. At one point, there was nothing between Martin and his home, all he needed do was to keep walking or running, Zimmerman was not an obstacle in the way of Martin getting home. If Zimmerman's account is true, Martin doubled back to confront him.

What good is a neighborhood watch if nobody should put any effort into making sure the neighborhood is safe?

http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/zimmerman-trayvon-map-interactive

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
I wonder if travon regrets buying skittles and tea, and walking down a deserted back alley is regretted by him, as he walks and talks with Jesus?
I'd guess it's more likely he regrets screwing ho's, stealing, fighting and generally trying to act like a hard Thug instead of going to church as he barks in hell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First, I don't believe GZ's statement that after he parked his truck he went looking for an address. When I have lived on complexes like this one, the addresses and mailboxes were either at the side of the building and addresses posted by the front door. That was a lie. He went down the path where he had last seen TM, he didn't see him at the T or down the dogwalk, continued to the next street, didn't see him there, and then headed back to his truck where encountered TM at the T.

Maybe this map will help with some of your questions. Zimmerman did have to walk to the front of the units to get an address since he parked in the rear. At one point, there was nothing between Martin and his home, all he needed do was to keep walking or running, Zimmerman was not an obstacle in the way of Martin getting home. If Zimmerman's account is true, Martin doubled back to confront him.

What good is a neighborhood watch if nobody should put any effort into making sure the neighborhood is safe?

http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/zimmerman-trayvon-map-interactive
I couldn't agree more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whoa ...

I'm not trying to imply that GZ is guilty of any crime and I am not going to argue that GZ was wrong.

That's the end of this for me.

Peace out my fire bros! laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

???

Personally. I see this as two seperate confrontations. Z ended the firat went he started to return to his vehicle. TReadmark initiated the second. With the sucker punch

Just a quick question gitem_12, how is that a confrontation? Zimmerman never made contact with the thug TM until he (TM) punched GZ in the face. There was only 1 confrontation and it was created by the thug TM.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How could he be guilty of manslaughter and or aggravated assault if not of murder?

Looks like to me either it was self defense or not in either case.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's streamed on Fox.com, Bob.

So it's now summations Thurs PM and Fri AM?

Still sticking with verdict by cocktails?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Also, can O'Mara argue to the jury against manslaughter and ag assault in his close

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Darrel
Trayvon should have kept his hind end in his own 'hood and not have been out "monkeying around" at night where he didn't belong! Hell, I don't go to 'hood looking for trouble!

I do but we go in platoon strength. Mo cops. Mo betta

Page 65 of 116 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 14,596 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,176
Posts18,543,091
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.