Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ppine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ironbender and I were discussing a recent mule wreck. The guy made a few mistakes and was taken to task for it. His comment was that this was a tough crowd and the guy shouldn't be "castigated for being a dumb chit."

My experience so far is that this statement is what this forum is all about. It is even dumber to castigate someone for their point of view, that it is to do it for their actions.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ppine
Ironbender and I were discussing a recent mule wreck. The guy made a few mistakes and was taken to task for it. His comment was that this was a tough crowd and the guy shouldn't be "castigated for being a dumb chit."

My experience so far is that this statement is what this forum is all about. It is even dumber to castigate someone for their point of view, that it is to do it for their actions.
Not really. Dumb folks frequently have dumb viewpoints. They don't know it unless told and worse, other dumb folks don't know it unless told too. The election of Obama can be explained no other way and that's only one example.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Some folks think to much, or not at all....
Don't give stuff more credit than it deserves...
after all, it just the [bleep] inter-web.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
If I stick my finger an a electrical outlet, should I be ridiculed for my actions? Sure.

If my point of view is so outrageous as to border on insane, should I be corrected? Sure.

One of your first posts here was of your bigoted mother traveling east and encountering people that saw Obama for what he really was. A empty suit. But she came back to you with horror stories of dumb southern crackers that were too racist to vote for a black man.

You are so full of [bleep] you make a stuffed Christmas goose look hollow. FOAD. You are just a miserable, worthless, liberal POS and simply trolling for attention.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
If I stick my finger an a electrical outlet, should I be ridiculed for my actions? Sure.

If my point of view is so outrageous as to border on insane, should I be corrected? Sure.

One of your first posts here was of your bigoted mother traveling east and encountering people that saw Obama for what he really was. A empty suit. But she came back to you with horror stories of dumb southern crackers that were too racist to vote for a black man.

You are so full of [bleep] you make a stuffed Christmas goose look hollow. FOAD. You are just a miserable, worthless, liberal POS and simply trolling for attention.

Worth repeating with emphasis on the FOAD

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There's a big difference in being a little lax on a mule and letting your guard down enough to get hurt by the critter... vs purposely voting for the destruction of this country.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just on the grounds of you being an obama voter; you owe us a heart felt apology, and deserve a swift azz kicking. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ignore piss pine. He'll soon dry up and blow away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Just on the grounds of you being an obama voter; you owe us a heart felt apology, and deserve a swift good, hard azz kicking. mad grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Castigated for being a dumb [bleep] is a whole lot better, from the dumb schit's point of view, I suspect, than being castrated for being a dumb [bleep].

Although, if you voted �, I would have preferred the latter.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think his best is the tale about him and his tough buddy making the bars calling drunks out and getting a mild thumping. grin grin Too bad they didn't get what was coming to them, if this really happened.

Talk about stupid.....

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And he held him off with a chair....laffin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Y'all are SUCH meanies!! cool

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What bothers me most is the tendency of so many on this forum to be proud of being dumb sh�ts.

"Dumb sh�t is who I am! I like it that way! GFY! FOAD!" is an attitude unworthy of even dumb sh�ts.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dr. Howell, with all due respect I guess we disagree. There are some people in this world that I have no use for and will not tolerate. If that makes me a dumb [bleep] then so be it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having read both threads, it became immediately apparent that you have a different point of view for your vs. another's misadventure. I guess the mule could have been a skilled fighter.

Last edited by RichardAustin; 07/11/13.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ppine

As you usually are in this forum, you are wrong. You are also using my words from a very different situation to try to bolster your ideas and image in this forum. Stop it.

The 'horse' forum is a sub-forum where folks have a common interest in spite of possible differences in other forums.

Now, to the point.
The thread to which you refer involved a poster who was asked by a friend to help out with a mule. He did. Had he done things differently, 'perhaps' things would have resulted differently for him.

The point being; there are no guarantees when working with any stock. I know folks who have been hurt by the kindest, gentlest, critter.

Ideas, beliefs, attitudes, and voting record that is anti-American while enjoying all the rights, privileges, and advantages of being a contributing, hard working American, is being a 'dumb chit' and worthy of castigation as such.

For anyone that does not visit the 'critter and noise' smile forum, here is the thread:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7889096#Post7889096

Decide for yourself.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
No sir. At no point would I try to give another advice about a mule - something I know very little about. I was glad the gentleman was not hurt worse, and would never second judge his actions.

My beef is with ppine. He comes here and tries to berate us for our views and values and then denounces us for doing the same to his dumb as$.

I have no quarrel with anyone for what they truly believe, just do not try and force your views upon me.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just have Gunner come in and shoot the chair and the mule!

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
But Dimocraps, being as stubborn as a mule, have earned the depiction of same as their political logo- and are proud of it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 56 invisible), 3,169 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.