Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Lookin' kinda like Soda Butte....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
just back from the park and heading out to Billings for dinner and hotel tonight.

the drive from Red Lodge to Yellowstone was as spectacular as advertised....really breathtaking. The park was nice...saw a bunch of bison and mule deer. Did not see any bears or sign.

lots of aggressive small fish on Slough Creek....no other fishermen where we were, which surprised me, although there were lots lower down.

Will download some pics tonight if I have the energy. Hate to go back to NO....they had flash floods today and will be stinking hot tomorrow.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
lots of aggressive small fish on Slough Creek....no other fishermen where we were, which surprised me, although there were lots lower down..

My favorite creek in the park. Love the sections above and below the upper parking lot.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good to hear about lots of aggressive small fish, hopefully the population dynamic is getting updated, it used to be sight hunting for a very few select big fish...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I generally like to go to Montana for trout fishing after memorial day. Nobody around for the most part, off season prices. Being the cheap bastard that I am. Its like fish one week and get the next week free kind of thing. Looks like you have a blast never the less Steve!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I missed Steve by a day, but took a photo anyway.
[Linked Image]
Denny and Steve.

do I look fat?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
lots of aggressive small fish on Slough Creek....no other fishermen where we were, which surprised me, although there were lots lower down..

My favorite creek in the park. Love the sections above and below the upper parking lot.

that's where we were...worked upstream from the campground a half mile or so. we only had two hours to fish it because we got a late start out of Red Lodge, stopped a bunch to take pictures, and then hit a construction stop on the road for 45 minutes. the place is so pretty I would have kept fishing till dark if we hadn't needed to get back to Billings. I thought it was kind of weird that they make you kill everything but cutthroats, regardless of size.....we gave ours to campers so they didn't get wasted. The first bunch we ran into were from Louisiana....a hippie couple who live a few blocks from me and the girl's mama from Grand Isle. Small world.

Sitting in the Billings airport at 0500 typing this waiting on flight to Denver.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Glad you had a good trip Steve! Next it'll be Pugs and Rocky's turn!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinOK, I've kept my trap shut long enuff!! Steve, you TURBOSUCK!!!! grin So there!!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Glad you had a good trip Steve!

Was down in that part of MT/WY on the 4th of July and enjoyed it too. I never get tired of being in this part of the world.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you had a good trip, Steve. The memories last forever. I have enjoyed that country again vicariously through you. Thanks!

Last edited by lastround; 07/12/13.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Looks like a fine trip, I'm envious smile

And I have to think that town had very little crime, when they had a marshall named Jeremiah "liver eatin'" Johnson grin

we leave the keys in the truck and don't lock the doors

the usual suspects are conspicuous by their absence

WHAT??? Are you saying that you don't leave keys in the car and doors unlocked in New Orleans?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs

WHAT??? Are you saying that you don't leave keys in the car and doors unlocked in New Orleans?

not hardly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Lookin' kinda like Soda Butte....

It is White Dome Geyser.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I missed Steve by a day, but took a photo anyway.
[Linked Image]
Denny and Steve.

do I look fat?

Not at all. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&am...e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_12qye4w8lu_e

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
All good things must come to an end...and that trip looked pretty good...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hope you had a great time and left a fish or two for us locals. Saw where 2 people drowned in the Stillwater River today in separate incidents. Sad and unusual.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Woo-hooo.....leaving for Montana

Gonna be a dental floss tycoon? (Zappa, Zappa.)

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
neither of the guys I was with knew that song when I sang a chorus up there.....I guess I was the only one who listened to Zappa in college

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Zappa as in Frank Zappa? If so, SteveNO that dates you back a long time. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,844 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,606
Posts18,532,744
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.