Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i saw one here where the driver hit the concrete divider, his body came to a instant stop but his head kept on going. had to be doing at least a 100 when he passed us.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had too many close calls on a motorcycle with people turning in front of me. I will stick with horses.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Back in the day when my Dad was in the Korean war he was on leave at home...a guy on a motorcycle passed him on the highway...a few miles down the road they were peeling that guy off a freight train....ergo they were forbidden in our home.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here's a good one.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
this wasnt a crash, but it probably should have been!no matter how many times I watch it, I am amazed he didnt get killed..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Unfortunate for the rider but he was driving like an [bleep] from the very beginning! He was nothing more than an accident looking for a place to happen. Crowding the centerline, following too closely, passing with another vehicle already coming towards him and speeding for a few of his problems. Why would he be sporting a camera on his helmet, too? This is either someone who had a death wish or just too stupid to be allowed to ride a motorcycle! I'm 68 years old; been ridin' since I left home at 19 and still alive, of course. Didn't do sch!t like this though; had more sense! And, I've had many people in almost fifty years turn in front of me, too!

Last edited by Darrel; 07/14/13.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If you have a death wish enough times, sooner or later you get it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bikes are just an accident waiting to happen. I love riding but I won't allow myself to own a street bike for the reasons shown above... I just stick with a Jeep Wrangler... close enough.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

The guy was still going awful fast, when he got hit. Hi speeds and car driver not realizing how fast you're going = death.

But saw one once at a light in North Carolina, a guy sitting at the light, on a Harley. A pickup came up behind him, and apparently just didn't comprehend he was there. The pickup punted him across the intersection. Luckily the cross traffic missed him, and multiple people rushed to his aid. He appeared okay, just shaken. The pickup driver was beside himself, upset at what he'd done.

If I ever take up street riding, I'd wear neon day-glo colors, so I can be seen, even if they aren't cool.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Wow! The guy died, huh? That sucks.

I still have my motorcycle license, but gave up riding them a long time ago. Too many people I knew who rode got into serious accidents and were out of commission for a long time, broken bones, torn scrotum, all kinds of mess. Sold my bike and never looked back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least that one was self-inflicted; riding like an idiot and then apparently head down watching the speedo in his last few seconds of life.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That video has "inexperienced kid" written all over it.

In the first place he was going *way* too fast for the area,..obviously,..but even so, he had more than plenty enough room and time to just swoop left and go around the car.

Freeze frame it at 27 seconds,...wide open left lane with nothing coming,..plenty of room,..

Had he been an experienced rider, he would have acted without thinking about it.

He had to think about what he needed to do.

Inexperienced.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Then left turning cages will get ya for sure.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That sucks, I love riding nearly more than life itself, BUT you can NEVER fully relax and enjoy the ride, best keep 360 degrees of rotation watch constant, sad but true, if ya wanna keep living. mad

Sit at a traffic light, best keep the bike in 1st gear, right boot on the ground and both eyes in the mirrors looking back ready to blast off in a preconceived escape route.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw something like that in NM back in the 80's 2 cycles were racing side by side a new red crotch rocket and a Harley type with a passenger when a big old Pontiac made a very slow deliberate left turn in front of them. The red bike was able to veer left and avoid the car but the bike with the rider had no where to go and broad sided the car. I can still visualize the two men cart wheeling through the air. They were still alive when the parameds showed up but definitely in bad shape.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

In the first place he was going *way* too fast for the area,..obviously,..but even so, he had more than plenty enough room and time to just swoop left and go around the car.

Freeze frame it at 27 seconds,...wide open left lane with nothing coming,..plenty of room,..

Had he been an experienced rider, he would have acted without thinking about it.

He had to think about what he needed to do.

Inexperienced.

I saw that too, he froze.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Inexperienced.

This exactly, B.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Watching this. I have determined that Ron White was wrong. There is a way to fix stupid

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yep from here too. Sad deal.
I miss my KZ550, but wife and kids sure change your priorities. Only scared myself twice, others damn near made you change your underwear weekly.

Sean
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (badwolf, BDR1, batch, BB3, 11 invisible), 1,458 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,056
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.