Print Thread
Hop To
Page 146 of 229 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 228 229
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Mooner,

Haven't even begun to knock the new offa the Tournament Express,but did manage to lose an oil pressure sensor. If I don't get sidetracked chasing antlers in the Alpine this pass home,I'll shake it out a bit.

My main application for a Caster anymore,is in high volume Chrome Tourney type affairs,where it's nothin' but sheer and utter ruthlessness. Easier for me to swing a victim broadside,reach down and punch it in the ear,then hit freespool to gain enough slack,to roll hooks outta beaks and cast again. It's a thing of beauty and assuredly Poetry in motion!(grin)

Today's grinder oscillate in a fashion which is easier on line and upon many,you can actually change oscillation mechanics,to suit whim. PP has zero memory,which helps with fending twists and the whole enchilada is a vastly improved means of carnage management. I'd liken it akin to barrels,twist rates and boolits,in that these are The GOOD Old Days.

A Mitchell 300 wearing with mono,is akin to gunning 55gr wadcutters in a 243,stoked with Blackpowder. It'll go "Bang",but there's a whole [bleep] lotta performance left on the table and that ain't ever been how I rolled. Once you've tasted a 105,lit with '22...you really hate to slum the fluff.

'Course it's easy for me to say,as I gots it all.(grin)

dube',

I never ain't not casting.(grin)

I've long worn a videocamera on a lanyard 'round my neck,filmed right handed,with my strongside pinky holding the rod at the end of the forearm's cork,buried the butt in my hip and cranked with the left...to accrue live action footage. Gots it down to a [bleep] SCIENCE,but a dedicated mount on a tin hat,prolly wouldn't suck.

Need to get the GoPro on a 1913 rail and mount it on a ring cap or two,if only to REALLY get the Whiners whining. I hear that I get by with a rifle.(grin)

BEST Thread Evah!

'gwe,

I reckon that if I had ever fished for Sammun,that I'd prolly have a sweet spot for 2/0's in the fresh and 5/0's in the brine(often with a sliding 6/0 in conjunction). 'Course hooks is typically lightyears better than they've ever been and the GOOD 'Un's will set hook themselves. I've seen me be a fan of the lightest gauge wire I can get,in a given hook size,so as to reap the inherent attributes of less resistance coupled with Surgical sharpness. I do loves me them 'squito Octopus in sub Ought sizing and cain't get enough of Matzuo Octopus,once the Ought fence is crossed.

Braid is the best invention since moly and the [bleep](in no particular order).

I've caught 1000's and 1000's of High Grade Chrome on my beloved Loomis 9'6" 4-8lb test UL 1141-S rods. I got everything there is and then some and it is without doubt,my favorite blank of All Time.

'Nother slow day yesterday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You boys sure is hard on The Do Nothing Gang and it seems you broke their spirits. I warned you,not to go swiping their [bleep] Imaginations...as it'd leave 'em with nothing.

Laffin'!

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Big +1 on modern hooks. Quantum leaps ahead of what we had even ten years ago...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I remember when chemically sharpened hooks first started coming in in canada not too long ago. Everyone said they were too shiny and brittle laugh Useless for fishing. Now they're standard issue.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You must have made it to the far north.
Work hard.

Have Dog

Will Travel

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[bleep] I've been here since Thursday man! 10-4 on the working hard. The weather here sucks. If its not 100 degrees its pouring rain. I don't know how those [bleep] in Alaska put up with it laugh

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Bluritude is lacking badly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here ya go, pilgrim. A genuine GoPro chest harness.

[img]http://www.kurgostore.com/dog-travel/tru-fit-smart-harness-with-camera-mount/[/img]

Might could be better than a lanyard. Fur optional.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by geedubya
My youngest grandson, yesterday.

[Linked Image]

GB4 reelin' them in.

4-1/2 and off to a good start.

Best

GWB

One more time: you are really difficult to dislike, my grandson's (6& 8) don't mind Wallmart shidt, when they progress we'll look at the handme down stuff, when they're in their teens we'll help purchase their choices...den they're on their own...it's progression....schidt changes...for now Shimano werks.

Chas

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sir,
Thanks for the kind words.

I consider myself to be blessed among men.
There have been trials and tribulations, but for the most part I've had a story-book life. Not trying to be maudlin, but nowhere else but the good ol' USA could a fellow who's lineage is common as clay like mine have such a wonderful life.

My step-grandfather on my mother's side was a scoutmaster and by time I was six, I could whittle, build a fire and twist rabbits out of a hole with a forked stick.

I've come full circle. All the things my grandfather did with me I've been able to do with my son who is now 31 and started hunting with me when he was six, and now am getting to do with my grandsons.

I�ve found that particularly when they are young, a quality experience is much more important than quality equipment. I can take GB4 across the street to the detention pond, both of us pick up a pocket full of rocks, and walk down to the culvert. He loves to drop rocks into a hole on top down into the water below and listen to the "kerplunk". We will toss rock at minnows till we run out, then go get some more. I can cut a willow limb and skin off all the branches, we will walk around the block and he will put that limb down every hole in every man hole cover.

Here's the same little fellow washing the spokes on his daddy's rims. He's actually pretty good at it.

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/11/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'gwe,

As a rule,metallurgy employed has much improved,as has the relative sharpness...all of which is good thangs,unless you's a feesh.

I've this feeling,that I sort through alotta hooks,in a typical afternoon along The Milford.(grin)

These ARE The Good Old Days.

archie,

Had been hovering in the mid-30's,with a goodly breeze and rain/fog,these past few days. Looking like the wind petered out and the light is favorable right now and it'd be a good day for an Albino Gopher.

I feel your pain,as I've too have been saving for years in the hopes of making it to AK some day.

SLM,

I've simply decided,I ain't got game,with this camera schit. Am contemplating just drawing,to reap the effects I've long sought.

Yesterday,was but another series of disappointments.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BEST Thread Evah!

dube',

Intellesting,especially since I live in a wool vest.(grin)

Hutch is 'bout 120# and it'd be funny to bolt one on him and reap the footage of him in The Gopher Patch...as the big bastard tends to lose his mind.

A guy could damn near wear one like a headlamp,on an elastic band.

chas',

I'd never let the kids suffer wares,I'd not personally schlep. The Dude as a Duffer,driving an STFR 11-footer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That very typically means Loomis.

[Linked Image]

If kids don't deserve the best...who do?!?

Gee',

I've never seen Good Riggin' compromise an experience,though I'm ALL ears in regards to your "findings" in the contrary.

Use as much Imagination and Pretend,as you deem requisite.

The mileage Good Riggin' grants,is the foundation for Memory Makin'.

Hint.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stick: good on 'ya for outfitting the kids right. Every time I see someone outfitting a youngster with cheap crap because he's 'just a kid'...I want to flog him....if you want to get them involved, get them equipment that won't frustrate them...its not Rocket Surgery.... wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always love the kiddo pics.....
I woulda killed for that brand of childhood activity.

WTF?
Milford losing white gophs to wolves?
Try harder.

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by wageslave
Always love the kiddo pics.....
I woulda killed for that brand of childhood activity.

Gents,

I don�t believe anyone here can say that they have heard me say a critical word about good gear.

[Linked Image]

In fact I�ve a saying, �very seldom am I sorry that I went first class�.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That notwithstanding, In my own life, looking back at all the stuff I did with my grandparents such as fishing for brim and catfish with worms from my grandma�s wormbox, free shrimping with cane poles for speckeled trout with my grandpa at Rollover pass, twisting rabbits out of a hole with a forked stick, learning to still hunt squirrels, I do not remember once feeling embarrassed about the equipment we used.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The tomwalkers and slingshots my grandpa made were not store-bought, but I treasure them to this day.

I also cannot remember one time my kids complaining about spending the summers at our farm riding horses, swimming and fishing in the lake and creek with our family. When I hear them talk about those days, the topic of whether they used Zebco or Shakespeare or later on Shimano never comes up. Rather they talk about what a good time they had with their cousins, friends and their grandma and grandpa.

There will be time enough for �good gear�. Right now time well spent with a youngster would seem to be much more important than the �gear�.

[Linked Image]

JMHO,

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One doesn't have to look very hard to see Stick has trinkets, you have treasures, in more ways than one.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'gwe,

Never understood folks putting schit Riggin' in their kids' mitts. mebbe that's because I've never wanted schit Riggin' in my very own mitts,let alone my kids.

Fun can be had in countless ways and there's nothing more fun than ruggedly reliable Riggin'.

An Old Boy back in The Day told me: "kid...if you go broke,go broke with GOOD equipment,NEVER let the equipment break you". That made perect sense to me,all those moons ago and has yet to quit making good sense.

The last thing of interest to me,is a "good deal" on a piece of [bleep] schit.

'slave,

There's been no Albino sightings,but Brown Gophers abound.

Saw this one emerge his hole last night.

[Linked Image]

So I Called him in.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Found a Monarch Butterfly too.

[Linked Image]

No tellin' what one is gonna see in a day's time,here along The Milford.

Gee',

You gotta actually USE gear,to formulate an opinion upon it's relative merit. Fortunately for you,Golf Cart rides ain't very demanding of either man or machine. Laffin'!

Congratulations?!?

No need for you to reiterate,that in the Land of Swingin' Gates and Barbed Wire,that the "pursuits" are very forgiving by nature. Pun be intended.

Bless your heart.

GreatWaPoozy,

Always a treat to be regaled with your latest Whine,as you bring nothing to the table in the firsthand,other than your copious Do Nothing Dumbphuckery.

Hell...I enjoy your Imagination,[bleep] nearly as much as you do.

Lookin' forward to your next excuse,you "hard charger" you.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Stick: good on 'ya for outfitting the kids right. Every time I see someone outfitting a youngster with cheap crap because he's 'just a kid'...I want to flog him....if you want to get them involved, get them equipment that won't frustrate them...its not Rocket Surgery.... wink

I was as frustrated as they come when i was a kid. My dad made me deer hunt with my 870 20 gauge and it didn't shoot a slug where you pointed it. He also gave me uninsulated rubber boots and hand me down pants and coat and one of orange "troopers caps". I wasn't set up for success and luckily a buck never came near me that first year (probably because I was shivering too much). But it taught me a valuable lesson and when I started my wife and the kids hunting I made sure they had good gear.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've never lived or visited a place,where Good Riggin' was a compromise...yet all them haunts/jaunts were extremely unforgiving in regards to less than exceptional goods.

Have seen lotsa folks get bit,tryin' to drive schit and it's easy to warn "Toldjaso" wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in advance.

I can only lead 'em to water.(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Holy sheep dip Sticky, you changed up the pitch. Threw a curve in the 6.06 thread, but missed the outside corner of the plate. This thread you tossed a change up but the batter didn't swing. So now it's bottom of the ninth, bases are loaded and your down 2 in the count.
I must show tremendous surprise that not one of the players fell for your altered pitching style. If you keep pitching maybe you can keep from walking in the winning run. But my guess is that you are going to put one up in the middle of the plate allowing the grand slam to end the game.

So lets take this back to where it began, well kinda

If the winning vote is for a 243 of any type: then you walked in the winning run.

If the winning vote is for a 257 of any type: then you gave up the Grand Slam.

If no one votes then the game is over due to lightning.

Vote away folks!!!

NOT THE BEST THREAD EVAH !!!!!!!!
[bleep] laffin hard
[Linked Image]

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yose-mite wins the cartoon contest. My vote.....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image] Damn hope you didn't hurt yourself thinking that up !!!!!! If chit were brains, you would have a dozen P.H.D's

Originally Posted by huntsman22
Yose-mite wins the cartoon contest. My vote.....

Swifty
Page 146 of 229 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 160user, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,747
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.