-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well this is depressing for me to write about. It looks like I am going to be stuck living in NJ for a while unless a miracle happens. My wife really wants to stay here so the poconos in PA will have to be put off for a while. SO I need a good slug gun since I will not shoot them out of my pirty ruger red label 12 over and under.
<br>
<br>I would like to start off looking at bolt actions and then progress towards semi autos and last single shots. So what is your opinions and please don't get outrageous with price stay under like 800-900 bucks if you can. I will only use it on our whitetail deer we have here. It wont be used as a dual purpose gun at all. I am positive that it will be rifled barrel too. SO let me have it.
<br>
<br>In nj you have to use shotguns no rifle or handguns allowed. That is why I am asking.
<br>
<br>thanks for any and all input.
<br>
<br>
<br>Brian
<br>
<br>

GB1

WELL ILL TELL YOU THE BEST GUN TO GET IS THE 12 GAUGE REMINGTON 870 EXPRESS SUPER MAGNUM WITH THE RIFFLED DEER BARREL. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE GUNS I HAVE EVER HAD IT IS NOT BLUED SO YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRIE ABOUT RUST. IT HAS A METAL TRATMENT INSTEAD. I SHOT A DEER FROM 90-100 YDS WITH THIS GUN. I WAS USEING REMINGTONS NEW 3 INCH CORE-LOKT RIFFLED SLUGS. THEY ARE 20 DOLLARS FOR FIVE BUT ARE DEFINATELY WORTH IT. SO GO OUT AND GET THIS GUN YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT !!! IT ONLY COSTS AROUND $ 500.00

IF YOUR GUN DONT LEAVE BRUISED SHOULDERS IT AINT A REAL GUN ! ! !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
445 - The lower half of the lower pennisula of Michigan is shotgun only during deer season. I have the Browning Gold Hunter with the rifled, cantilever barrel. This shotgun shoots jagged one hole 3 shot groups at 50 yards with Lightfield Sabots all day long and being as it is a auto loader the recoil is no problem at all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm across the river in southern NYS and 15 years ago I owned one gun, a 12ga Browning pump. About 12 years ago I bought a Hastings, fully rifled, cantilever scope mount barrel for it. It shots 3 shot groups under 2" @ 100yds. all day with Remington Copper Solids. ( BTW, Use the 2 3/4 copper solids, cheaper, less kick, better accuracy). I imagine any pump would do the same with a Hastings barrel. I like a pump rather than an auto. Gives me time to think before I squeeze off another.
<br>
<br>Rob

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will second what 86 said, the Remington 870 Combo_Express for the money and the shootability of the gun. It also patterns #4 shot very well on paper, something that most shotguns don't do without a lot of extra work and money to get it done in the first place.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, AceBall, 6mmbrfan, 12 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.