Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
PM or email addy to the bank pls.

Louis

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
GB1

M
M
Late to the party since I have been away from here, but Dan, I just sent you $25.

Your family is in my prayers.
-Mike

God, Country, Family, Self
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hello team,

It has been a long time since I provided an update but I wanted to keep you all informed. I again want to express how thankful we are for your prayers and for your contributions. This forum family has been very supportive to our now family of 4.

After Savannah was diagnosed we worked the entire time to arrange a reassignment to be close to our families in Eugene. We received orders after Cameron was born to McChord AFB (just outside of Tacoma). It was not what we had wanted, but it was still a great option. So I had to travel back to Germany, get things arranged to move to McChord and leave between Savannah's brief downtown in treatments. To say that she is "used" to going to the hospital by now doesn't not encapsulate the orchestra of events that occur every time we get ready to go. Nevertheless, I wrapped up shop in Germany and came back to Eugene for a week before heading up to McChord. We wanted to live off base to be close to the hospital in University Place, anybody from around here? We transferred from Doernbecher's in Portland to Mary Bridge in Tacoma. Two very different hospitals but we get all the care we need at Mary Bridge. We had debated going to Seattle Children's but that is essentially 2 hours of extra driving from what now is only 20 minutes! I can't tell you how excited we are about that. We were having to stop off the interstate to apply Savannah's numbing cream for her port access. Now we just slap it on 20 minutes before we leave. So we are currently in a TERRIBLE 2 bedroom apartment awaiting for our house to close the first week of August. Why do I do these things to our family? We found a great house that backs up to a park and we are looking forward to a big Birthday party at the end of August for Savannah there.

I don't want to talk about the treatment so much here as just to send you all an update. Savannah is in the midst of phase II, and is in the middle of "delayed intensification", which in short means that no one is enjoying themselves. This entire time we've only briefly mentioned Cameron, who has been the perfect baby that this family needed. He is just over two months and this kiddo is sleeping through the night! I mean 8-10hrs! We are so blessed!

Drop me a line guys any time you want. I am proud to be a member of such a caring site!

Dan/McIntosh Family

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you for your service, and god bless you and yours!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks again for the update and your service, Dan, and the very best of luck to you and your family.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Its Aug. 4 and I was wondering how Savannah and the family are doing. Please update when convenient.
God Bless.
cm

Last edited by solrac13; 08/04/13.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,358
Posts18,527,128
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.