Print Thread
Hop To
Page 148 of 229 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 228 229
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

You boys sure is hard on The Do Nothing Gang and it seems you broke their spirits. I warned you,not to go swiping their [bleep] Imaginations...as it'd leave 'em with nothing.

Laffin'!

I can only imagine what pix you were gonna post, maybe tomorrow.........

Yup,
I guess I could be called a �do-nuthin� on occasions.
Took my family to Galveston, Texas for a week at the beach house to hang out with the rest of the crew. Seems my whole family has been doing this off and on, (mainly on) since 1969.

[Linked Image]

This week I�m doin� nuthin� but what I damn well please����

[Linked Image]

Playin� with toys���

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Enjoying a cool one now and then

[Linked Image]
and watchin� the young�uns doin� their thing���.
[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Galveston/IMG_1389_zps31a4f107.jpg[/img]

And pretty much diggin� on the beach scene�����.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Galveston/IMG_1337raw_zps783da7f1.jpg[/img]

Seems I heard it said once that �nothing� can be a pretty cool hand.

Nuthin� to it if ya� got the knack.

Best,

GWB

PS: Not to worry,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Galveston/IMG_1247_zps81b33bfa.jpg[/img]

didn't forget the golf cart. LOL

Last edited by geedubya; 07/19/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'd pick the 25-06. I've had several 6 mm's. I really like them for varmits. I've had issues with poor bullet selection back in the 60's. It seemed that the bullet would not expand and travel through or blow up. My brother had a 25-06 during the same time and he had a similar issue with the 25-06. Now, it seems that there are plenty of good bullets for both. I have both a 6mm and a 25-06 right now. If I get an antelope license this year and those two were my only two choices off my gun rack, I'd pick up the 25 first.
The reason I'd now pick the 25 over the 243 for antelope are:
1. wind
2. distance

For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SoDakota
I'd pick the 25-06. I've had several 6 mm's. I really like them for varmits. I've had issues with poor bullet selection back in the 60's. It seemed that the bullet would not expand and travel through or blow up. My brother had a 25-06 during the same time and he had a similar issue with the 25-06. Now, it seems that there are plenty of good bullets for both. I have both a 6mm and a 25-06 right now. If I get an antelope license this year and those two were my only two choices off my gun rack, I'd pick up the 25 first.
The reason I'd now pick the 25 over the 243 for antelope are:
1. wind
2. distance

Most of the stuff I shoot is 300 lbs and under, being hogs and white-tail deer with some exotics thrown in.

I find myself gravitating to 6.5 mm and up.

It's been my experience that critters exhibit more of a bang/flop or DRT response when exposed to 140 grain pills and heavier. JMHO, but, opinions vary.

Best

GWB

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
SoDakota, get your flame suit on cuz boxer's a coming, likely to be followed by some fishing talk from other posters (which you may find odd on a thread supposedly devoted to a discussion of the relative merits of the 243 versus the 25-06), but just run with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Techsan
SoDakota, get your flame suit on cuz boxer's a coming, likely to be followed by some fishing talk from other posters (which you may find odd on a thread supposedly devoted to a discussion of the relative merits of the 243 versus the 25-06), but just run with it.

He wont be to hard on him. Probably going to call him a dumphuck several times and laugh that he picked the 25 for 2 reasons the 243 trumps it. Maybe a sprinkle of if he would pry his [bleep] off the couch and shoot he'd know what the [bleep] he was talking about grin

Last edited by 28lx; 07/19/13.
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
And more of the same about all the things he wished he did with all the wares he wished he had in all the places he wished he had been.
Same ole rhetoric, then more pictures of all the critters he talks to when no one else will talk to him. Then a little bit of nasty reply's to all of us. Not that any of us care about what he thinks we just like to jiggle his chain like you do a dog on a leash.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you need a cartoon.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I need a cartoon? I am not the one posing over a giant varmint. I notice you never post much about fantastic adventures on that Big Ranch you manage! Oh wait then your hero would laugh at you also. Taking care of someone else's critters on someone else's property, with someone else's equipment. Go Get em Cowboy!

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Gee', you really need to learn how to relax and enjoy life. grin

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Is your name Gee'?

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Oh you sorry.
Hot and tired.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by huntsman22
you need a cartoon.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yours is better looking than swifty's......

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think your growing on him Hunts'

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee,

No need for you to reiterate the obvious,in that one can borrow the money...but sure as [bleep] cain't borrow the time.

No wonder you think renting a rusty gate is "fulfilling".

Laffin'!

tomk,

Are you trying to hurt my tender feelings,by teasing me about an inability to shoot Blurtitude?!?

That is just mean and I'm certain that someone,somewhere...will have put you on Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

BEST Thread Evah!

'CUBIC,

Would I rebarrel a SAAMI 243Win OEM spout that was bugholing 105's? Nope...but I sure I'd certainly do as you done and punch the bitch out. It is interesting to note,that the further the 105'Max is stretched out,the brighter they shine and they is most impressive at spittin' distances.(grin)

Now as to a replacement tube,to rekindle a shot out flame. As of Today,9" certainly gives me the warm/fuzzy,if only because I think rather highly of the vaunted 105(s).

Reserve RPM is never a bad move and I gun an open mind,hoping that Today's favorites get their azzes whooped,by tomorrow's unveiling of new. If/when that happens,I greedily embrace the new and grant it opportunity to prove it's merit.

8" is money in the bank.

'Dakota,

Interesting findings. I was unaware that not all boolits behave in identical fashion,in both flight or terminal affects. Your amazingly well researched firsthand accountings,are some very keen insight. Thank you for spending the time,to sort such things out.

Laffin'! You are yet another INCREDIBLE Dumbphuck.

No need for you to reiterate what a [bleep] incredibly sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww "learner" you are...but it is [bleep] hilarious!

Bless your heart.

Techsan,

I very much enjoy,that being a Whining [bleep] ain't an act for you. Congratulations?!? Why is it that you feel compelled to reiterate the longest standing of facts,in that them who bitch the most...do the least?!?

Great time for you to attempt to talk .243" and/or .257" and you can factor that as a dreaded Double Dog Dare and rest assured,I'll happily take the time to rub your nose in your own Stupidity.

I know,you know that you are a clueless [bleep],but it's only Sportin' to grantcha' more bandwidth,for you to extoll same.

Where do you Do Nothing Dumbphucks come from,Texas?!?

Ooops!

Laffin'!

28',

Typically most hilarious to cast 'em more slack on the rope,so they can really muse "particulars" and reliably schlep Stupidity to places it's never been before.

Laffin'!

WSM,

Fascinating to me,that your being a Drooling Dumbphuck and a Day Dreaming Do Nothing [bleep]...somehow grants you an Imaginary Pretend "satisfaction",that you've done tugged a chain.

SugarTitts that ain't a "satisfaction",it's a plight and it is [bleep] hilarious,that your pointy head cain't cypher same.

I know,I know...you live in a [bleep] schithole,your Do Nothing Union "job" ain't cuttin' the mustard and living vicariously just ain't quite the same as actually doin' it. Laffin'!

As a curiousity,which excuse(s) are you gonna fly this go 'round?!? I'll happily be the target of your finger pointin',should that salve your countless insecurities,as you try to convince yourself you ain't a heaping scoop of Do Nothing Schit.

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot!

SLM,

I still cain't do it...Blurtitude escapes my meager abilities. That despite yesterday's poor light.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Oh well,I'll sadly try again today.(grin)

'22,

Careful now. WSM cries VERY easily.

Laffin'!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbphucks are a [bleep] riot!

A 10" Tikka in 243?!? THAT is [bleep] funny.

To really ring the bell,hang a pic of you with ANY 243 or 25-06 and feel free to plagiarize as much as you deem requisite,to pull it off. Laffin'!

Is there no end to you Drooling Dumbphucks Imaginations?!?

Wow.

Hang a pic! all anyone needs to do is hang a little rope here and your simple ass is back where it belongs. Right here back on your leash. I find it rather funny you are so easy to bait in. You ain't figured it out yet have you? Here stick! Here boy! You dumb dog you.

Last edited by Stickbow; 07/20/13.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
Taking care of someone else's critters on someone else's property, with someone else's equipment. Go Get em Cowboy!

This is really showing your ass. Not that we hadn't gotten a big dose of it already. I've been out to Don's place. Never been to yours but I can guarantee which one I'd pick if they were both in front of me.

And you're right, boxer does repeat himself. Funny thing is, he's right almost every time.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yeah, have been told about the insensitivity thing...tried getting counseling but had to fire two in a row when they suggested reducing a casual interest in a few knives and eating more vegetables.

Is that a cat?...can hardly make it out...:)

Did try my hand back a bit but the expertise required was out of character--fixed most of them by adding text on the back...

Notable effort, despite the hamstringing, breaking in the 2012/13 crop--they do appear tenacious. I imagine that it is possible to educate that long is not wrong across caliber boundaries but there is scant evidence of efficacy since the round ball. I see long-throating has become "adjusting your COAL"...perhaps more acronyms may be useful.

Defend the Constitution
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Gee,

No need for you to reiterate the obvious,in that one can borrow the money...but sure as [bleep] cain't borrow the time.

No wonder you think renting a rusty gate is "fulfilling".

Laffin'!

Au Contraire, mon fr�re����

[Linked Image]

Borrow, not hardly

[Linked Image]

GB3, at Rio Frio

[Linked Image]

Only Deposits, and I do make them quite often, thank you very much. LOL

Part of the crew, Brokebitch Mountain, Tx.

[Linked Image][/URL]

My bud Frank, his oldest, and youngest, Little Dale and Little dale�s deer.

[Linked Image]

Lookin� fer bear, Lincoln National Forest, Capitan NM.

[Linked Image]

Another deposit, GB4 at Thanksgiving

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0217_zps65f322ae.jpg[/img]
Ridin� with my buds in Utah

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03838.jpg[/img]

Lt. Lehew, Sgt. Webb PPD. ,and their boys with some of the 18 hogs we nailed at my lease that weekend.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03125.jpg[/img]

GB3 and his B'day present from that year. He found the horseshoe next to the deer. We call it the "Lucky Buck"

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN5578.jpg[/img]

and last but not least........

Best

GWB

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Great pics as usual GeeDub. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 148 of 229 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 5 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,417
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.