Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I am thinking of buying my girlfriend a bersa .380 for a little under the seat shooter. Has anyone had one or had any problems with one?

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think they are OK guns for the money. Jack my hunting friend had one for a while and it shot well, but he figured it was too big for a 380. I had the 22 for a while and it had a problem with the trigger, they replaced the gun but I got rid of it without shooting it as the import company would not ship it back to me, they shipped it to my FFL and I had to fill out the paperwork again which made me disgusted with them. The 22 was accurate enough for its size. I then tried 2 Smith Revolvers that cost twice as much but was not satisfied with their accuracy, one was worse than the other but both did not shoot as well as the Bersa! Smith gave me my money back for one of them after they examined it, and I took a hit and traded the other one. For the money its not a bad gun. For a .380 to carry in your pocket look somewhere else.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are finicky on some ammo's OAL. The one I had during my 380 days was a good gun, but I had to make sure my reloads were shorter than max - solved it by using mostly hollow points.

Make sure she isn't a limpwrister, otherwise it will suffer feed issues.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Great guns for the money, I've got one, both sons own one. I bought the one I have because it was a good deal and I know that I wouldn't have any trouble moving it when I decided to because they are well respected. My sons used to carry theirs, until it was "just time" for something else. Be careful if you shoot hers... you may need another one.

"...buzzards gota eat same as worms" Josey Wales
NRA lifer
Hunting is Conservation
RMEF Member
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have a double action .380 in stainless. Good balance and shoots like a charm. Never had any issues with it. It's my go to carry piece when working.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For only about $200 - $350 max you can get a new Kel Tec P3AT. Awsome reliable and lightweight 380. Don't know why anyone would buy such a large 380 anymore. For that much weight and length, lots of really good, inexpensive 9mm's out there.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by safariman
For only about $200 - $350 max you can get a new Kel Tec P3AT. Awsome reliable and lightweight 380. Don't know why anyone would buy such a large 380 anymore. For that much weight and length, lots of really good, inexpensive 9mm's out there.

Ding ,ding, ding, we have a winner!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a bersa and an lcp. Both have been 100% reliable. My wife doesn't like the lcp but she loves the bersa. The lcp is much easier to conceal but the bersa is easier to handle and shoot accurately. I say get both, carry the lcp in your back pocket and she can carry the bersa in her purse grin

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OR, get a P3AT and a PF9 for the wifey. That is what my wife carries and shoots and she loves it. Absloute best DAO trigger we have found on any of these types of firearms. Far better than the Kahr, Smith, Glock or others she bought and tried out extensively.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Ya but I don't feel like standing in a line a 6 a.m. for a store to open to be the first to get ammo before its gone. I always find .380 on the shelves and that's the main inspiration for buying one.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by claybreaker
Great guns for the money, I've got one, both sons own one. I bought the one I have because it was a good deal and I know that I wouldn't have any trouble moving it when I decided to because they are well respected. My sons used to carry theirs, until it was "just time" for something else. Be careful if you shoot hers... you may need another one.

You cost me $300 on the same advice last year. wink

I bought one after handling claybreaker's. I bought the 9mm Thunder Pro. Its not a flyweight but feels good in the hand, sights well, and is fairly accurate. I'd buy another.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Bersa CC .380 for a while and was surprised at how accurate it was for combat distances. I could shoot it well out to about 25 yards with groups running about 4-5" which surprised me.

The CC version is a little different that than Thunder as the mags are not interchangeable.

I had it for a car carry gun until one of our sons got a CCW license and needed a shooter for it. He is a hunter and trapper and is very well pleased with it's function and accuracy.

I would buy one again if I needed another .380

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have an older Bersa Model 86, .380, Undercover pistol that I highly regard. ( Models 83, 84, 85, 86 are pre-'Thunder' designations.)
A week ago I shot with a knowledgeable gun guy who carried a newer stainless Bersa Thunder, 380.
He liked his pistol AND he shot it extremely well and accurately!

I wasn't about to tell him he'd be better off with something else.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 756 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.