Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image]

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I hear ya there. Have to drive by an elk ranch every day at work and even though they are behind high fence just seeing those big bulls still turns my crank. Only a little over a month to go

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
have miles under the belt... areas narrowed down. Lotsa fuzzy's seen... can't stop obsessing.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I hear ya, It's kept me motivated to get in better shape and shoot my bow way more than usual.

West Kentucky Boy
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There is something wrong with me.

It's still July and all i can think of is October 12th.

-Antiacus
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Looks like the Slippery Anne preserve in the CMR area. Is it?

Last edited by RiesigJay; 07/29/13.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I can't wait to go up to put in our cache, now that my wife and I are both retired I can go up a few days early and do some scouting and bird watching while the roads are still open. We usually get to see some nice animals, shoot a coyote or two and a bear if we trip over one.

We put it in the last week of August and pull it in late November [weather permitting]Starting to go through the stuff in the old horse trailer we use to cache our camp. Lots of memories in that trailer.

Take everything out. Go through it. Restock the supplies and we will be ready for another set of seasons.

We will have to change a few things as we have four folks going this year instead of two as last year. One of them is my oldest son. This is the first time he will get to hunt Eastern Oregon. It is only the second time we have gotten to go hunting since he went in the Marines. He is 33 now. Dad is stoked.

We pulled any bull and buck tags in our Sled Springs Unit this year. It is good old man's country. We will hunt both seasons out of a camp a few miles in. It is a road closure area for motor vehicles. We use mountain bikes and trailers to get in and out. We have done pretty good on elk out of there, not so good on deer.

I like deer hunting but elk consumes me.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Same here....October 15th!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antiacus
There is something wrong with me.

It's still July and all i can think of is October 12th.

Yep, first rifle hunt in Colorado. I started thinking about it back in late March, when I realized that my bum left knee wasn't going to cut it this year. Had the knee replacement surgery three weeks ago today. Rehab is going quicker than I thought it would and I am deternined that I will be good to go come the second weekend in October. I can hardly stand to wait!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Mud... slow and steady wins the race. That can be applied to Elk hunting.

Sept 7th for stick and string. I was so intent on the "right under you nose" areas that I never go into the "back country" areas so I'll more than likely wait until the rifle opener on the Oct. 26. Losta weird growths on trees where I was...

But ya never know.. I'll be poking around long before that and the bow needs some fresh air...

I wake up thinking on it and it puts me to sleep nightly.

Poured and re-poured over topos and realise that things arn't as they appear and things are not like they were... routes and roads are more different now. New ones made and old ones abandodned.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,207
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.