Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
GSP814 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
How about shipping rifle ammunition, does it need to be declared and shipped as a restricted item? Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GSP814
How about shipping rifle ammunition, does it need to be declared and shipped as a restricted item? Thanks.

I've shipped a ton of it, and I've never declared anything or shipped it as a 'restricted item'. I don't offer any information to em' on what I'm shipping. I've packed it up nice and tight where it doesn't rattle around at all, and shipped it like I would anything else. No problems. Ever.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GSP814
You can't ship it via the USPS, it needs to go contract carrier; i.e., UPS and Federal Express. No legal requirement to declare it, though UPS and Federal Express each have business policies requiring the sender to declare it. I couldn't give a [bleep] about complying with UPS' or Federal Express' dickhead policies.

Sign up for a Federal Express or UPS account online, print your labels on your own, drop off your ammunition or handguns for shipment. No questions and no hassles.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As I stated, I would prefer USPS for all the reason BT mentions, however, it is hit or miss on the hassles I have dealt with there. FedEx may cost a few more bucks but every time but one was as easy as dropping it off, pay, than go. One time I had a clerk ask what was in the box, I told her it was none of her business, the manager came over and apologized, and my package was sent.

Go FedEx.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
1. Take a copy of the FFL with you that it is being shipped to. They might ask. No matter who it is!

2. All UPS "stores" are forbidden by UPS from accepting firearms for shipment. You have to go the main UPS office. If you have the FFL, no hassles is the normal rule.

3. USPS, again take the FFL and normally no hassle shipping a long arm. they will not ship handguns.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!

DISREGARD EVERY SINGLE BIT OF THIS "INFORMATION." IT'S ALL COMPLETE HORSESHIT.

OK you smartass dipshit what exactly is wrong?

I have shipped a whole damn bunch of rifles with USPS and UPS and in my area it is exactly as I said no matter what your smart ass says. Shipping one on Wed and guarantee it will go as stated.

As for handguns USPS WILL NOT ship for individuals.

432.1 General "Unloaded Handgun
Handguns � e.g., pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person � are nonmailable UNLESS mailed by a licensed manufacturer of firearms, or a licensed dealer of firearms, or an authorized agent of the federal government or government of a state, territory, or district, and ONLY when addressed to a person in one of the following categories for use in the person�s official duties AND upon filing the required affidavit or certificate, as applicable (see DMM 601.11.1.3�7):"

As for UPS

"Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS
Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup�, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note: Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes, UPS On-Call PickupSM, or at locations of The UPS Store� or any third party retailer.
When you are shipping a package that contains a handgun, you must verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Center clerk.
See the terms and conditions in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service for information regarding firearm shipments."

If you think that is wrong you had better get your head out of your ass and find out the facts before you start throwing out the horseshit label because you just ended up with horsehit in your face.

I couldn't give a [bleep] about complying with UPS' or Federal Express' dickhead policies.

That is why when they catch your dumbass it will be 5 years and $25,000 fine.

You avatar explains everything dumbass!!!

If anyone is stupid enough to believe that idiot Bricktop after that posting you deserve to go to jail with his stupid ass.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 07/29/13.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1. Take a copy of the FFL with you that it is being shipped to. They might ask. No matter who it is!

2. All UPS "stores" are forbidden by UPS from accepting firearms for shipment. You have to go the main UPS office. If you have the FFL, no hassles is the normal rule.

3. USPS, again take the FFL and normally no hassle shipping a long arm. they will not ship handguns.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!

I have shipped a whole damn bunch of rifles with USPS and UPS and in my area it is exactly as I said no matter what your smart ass says. Shipping one on Wed and guarantee it will go as stated.

Handguns � e.g., pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person � are nonmailable UNLESS mailed by a licensed manufacturer of firearms, or a licensed dealer of firearms, or an authorized agent of the federal government or government of a state, territory, or district, and ONLY when addressed to a person in one of the following categories for use in the person�s official duties AND upon filing the required affidavit or certificate, as applicable (see DMM 601.11.1.3�7):"

As for UPS

Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup�, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note: Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes, UPS On-Call PickupSM, or at locations of The UPS Store� or any third party retailer.
When you are shipping a package that contains a handgun, you must verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Center clerk.
See the terms and conditions in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service for information regarding firearm shipments."

If you think that is wrong you had better get your head out of your ass and find out the facts before you start throwing out the horseshit label because you just ended up with horsehit in your face.
The only person who needs to pull their heads out of their asses is YOU, little man. There is no requirement that a sender produce a copy of an FFL as a condition of shipment. Not in the '68 GCA, not in UPS' or Federal Express' polices, NOT ANYWHERE. But morons like you keep repeating this LIE when you OBVIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IN THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT and it only complicates matters. Hell's bells, there's not even any legal requirement to disclose what's being shipped provided the recipient is a federal firearms licensee.

I couldn't give a [bleep] about complying with UPS' or Federal Express' dickhead policies.

If anyone is stupid enough to believe that idiot Bricktop after that posting you deserve to go to jail with his stupid ass.
Please cite a specific example of this happening. I never realized that UPS and Federal Express had their own jails.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't post about things you can't understand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

About two hours ago I walked into the local USPS, alone, (I am not a FFL holder) with a pistol in a " if it fits it ships" box, sent it to Florida. All I had was a simple one page form signed by a local FFL.
No FFL license was ask for, or required, from here, or the recipient from the USPS.

Last edited by 700LH; 07/29/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Registered Mail, insured.

It ain't the cheapest. It ain't the easiest way to package.

But it's the best.

All FFL compliance caveats apply, of course.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Insured requires a signature on the receiving end.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Registered is only as good as the PO. I sent ONE rifle registered but it apparently ended up in the BULK pile. They couldn't tell me where it was past the Post Office I mailed it from. It took over 2 weeks to make the trip.

Registered means not much.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Except you have separate processing/transport and chain-of-custody records, much less chance of loss or theft for that reason.

I suppose every system has its flaws, but yours is the first I've encountered, and it made it to its destination.

Witness the person you hand it to sign the log, and you have your first ass to kick if something happens. Much less chance of theft or damage if each person signs for it andis responsible for it until the baton is passed.

But there is a chair for every ass. I'll stick to registered.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also, Registered ain't the fastest. Were you shipping from AK at the time?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

About two hours ago I walked into the local USPS, alone, (I am not a FFL holder) with a pistol in a " if it fits it ships" box, sent it to Florida. All I had was a simple one page form signed by a local FFL.
No FFL license was ask for, or required, from here, or the recipient from the USPS.

But there is significantly more to it than the picture you paint. Your FFL is required to log the handgun into his bound book and it will also show to whom it was sent and the FFL had to get a copy of the recipient's FFL. You were acting as agent for the FFL at that point and he is responsible for anything illegal you might do. (for example sending it loaded or including ammunition)

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

WRONG!!!!!!!!!

As for UPS

Bounty Hunter
Sorry, but you are completely incorrect as Bricktop says. FFLs are specifically instructed to NOT give anyone copies of the FFL unless they are an FFL, period. To suggest their presence somehow changes anything is wrong...

I have had an FFL for a very long time...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RickBin
Also, Registered ain't the fastest. Were you shipping from AK at the time?

Yep, AK. I saw it go into the book but there isn't any guarantee after that, unless you ride along with it. Point being, it's far from fail proof and I'll not spend the extra coin/packing for something to go registered again.

It was logged as registered at the PO I shipped it from, it didn't show as registered at the next stop. It got there, I was reimbursed for the shipping.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am going to stick with it due to the chain of custody thing primarily. Makes it much less likely to get stolen or lost when somebody is personally on the hook. Plus, I've never had an experience like yours with regmail.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It was the only time I did registered and it was the only problem I've ever had with a firearm shipment.

Again, there ain't no chain of custody if they decided to stick it a bulk rate pile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Dumbass (aka Bricktop) or LITTLER Man

No one said it was GCA or federal law to show an FFL, but you better look at the rules, read and understand them as you are required to prove the receipient is lawful and how else are you going to do it?

Oh, I am sorry you are the assclown that said you do not give a damn about the rules or law.

Use These UPS Services for Your Firearm Shipment
UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and (b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual. The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package.

As noted in their rules, THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT A FIREARM AT A UPS STORE, AND THEY ONLY ACCEPT SHIPMENTS TO THE ABOVE WHICH INCLUDES AN ffl. That is the UPS rules

You posted that you are not required to tell them and then posted the law that contradicts you. Whatta dumbass!

"No person shall knowingly deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped:"

Bottom line is this:

1. You can lie/and or not tell them it is a firearm and you are in direct violation of the law! NO and IF or butts.

2. You have already posted you do not give a damn about the law, so why don't you quit trying to give stupid advice to people trying to do it right.

3. Never said it was the required to show an FFL, but it is required by law that the receiver be a lawful receipient and the shippers normally ask for proof and as long as you have a copy of the FFL and the address on the package matches the FFL they ship no hassle. NO FFL, most UPS and USPS will NOT ship. Your call show it or take it home.

4. As for proof of the 5 yrs and $25,000 take your head out of your ass when you go into any UPS or Post Office and look on the wall at the posters that say exactly that. You can break the law 20 times and never get caught, that does not make it legal or right to tell someone else to do it.

Again, you are one stupid ass dip that openly admits to violating the law on the internet and then wants people to follow your advice!

Last edited by BountyHunter; 07/29/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guy that logged it is responsible. The buck stops with the last signature.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You posted that you are not required to tell them and then posted the law that contradicts you. Whatta dumbass!

"No person shall knowingly deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped:"
Are you really that STUPID?!!! Read what you repeated from my post, dumbass. ANY PERSON OTHER THAN A LICENSED DEALER.

Bottom line is this:

1. You can lie/and or not tell them it is a firearm and you are in direct violation of the law! NO and IF or butts.
Nope, Wrong. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WRONG.

You, my non-reading scourge of a LITTLE person, need to devote more time to reading comprehension.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,666
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.