Campfire Greenhorn
S
shoot, shovel, shut up. Yukon law.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
No tag, inside city limits, not a direct threat (yet), shoot a bear out of season and they take your guns away from you for the felony. Take your pick.

I understand your position and believe that taking no further action is legally the best option and I applaud you for taking the high road.

On a related subject...is it true that you can purchase suppressors for hunting rifles in your state?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The dogs don't seem to bother him

There's your answer. My dogs would bother him. A lot.

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Petro
He just wants you to rub his tummy.
From the inside???

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

[Linked Image]

I'd love to watch it go down.

IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Call your Fish and Game guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After two tags they don't relocate. We need to get the Boulder cops down here to shoot and drag it off on the middle of the night...

Intice him into a rasseling match and then Choot'em. grin

Good luck.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
After two tags they don't relocate. We need to get the Boulder cops down here to shoot and drag it off on the middle of the night...

Intice him into a rasseling match and then Choot'em. grin

Good luck.

Invite over some liberals.

tell them the yellow tag means "circus bear release"

Then wait for the rastlin match.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Get some bean bag rounds for your 12 ga. and pound the bear with a couple of those. Non lethal but sends them hauling for the tall timber. Won't cure the problem but will move it away from your place and make it someone else's problem.

Rubber buckshot is effective too, not to mention entertaining.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's got two ear tags, meaning he's been a bad boy before.

Summer before last my cousin in Pa. had that exact same situation; a repeat offended w/two ear tags. First came to his attention when he was taking out the trash at night, suddenly it was right there growling at him eek Turns out it was hitting a few homes in the area.

My two heelers confronted it at the edge of his lawn one afternoon (they had NO idea what they were messing with), the bear just stood tall and seems like EVERY hair on its body stood out like a brush. Didn't run.

My cousin tried whiz-bangs out of a twelve gauge and you could tell that bear had done that routine before. As soon as it saw the shotgun it took off like a scalded cat. Just a few minutes earlier I had walked up on that same bear close as I thought smart as it was tearing up a trash bag and it had just ignored me.

Padlocks on the trash barrels helped, and his wife quit feeding the deer, but they'd still see it pass by in the woods fairly regular, in broad daylight. That bear suddenly disappeared one day, mostly my cousin was PO'd it weren't him what shot it, see, he had been counting the days until opening day grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In town? not a problem, be a hero take your edible garbage over too one of your liberal democrap neighbors who doesn't like guns and set it as bear bait. When the bear and the lib debate it, maybe the bear will take him out, then the DOW turds will do the bear and everybody wins.1 less bearible democrap and 1 less troublemaker.Jesus , can't believe I had to tell someone from Wyoming how to handle that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]
Them are some fine animals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You say you live in the city limits. Do you have room for a big hole in the ground? That's the way I'd be inclined to roll..

Stay safe.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They're real sweethearts, but I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of them. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Right now our area, we have 3-4 bears that moved in because the 1200 acres just east of us was burned out in the Black Forest Fire. Every one keeps tabs on them and least neighbors know. Most all residents know that a complaint means dead bear.

I don't see the reason just to kill it because it already has two tags in it's ear unless it turns aggressive.

Most of us on this forum are very avid hunters, but that doesn't mean we have to kill everything that invades our space.

Most in rural areas expect wildlife encounters

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They're real sweethearts, but I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of them. smile

I agree that they would bother him, but if a fight broke out, my money is on the bear.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wrist rocket + ball bearings or marbles - very quiet

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Wrote this in regards to another post, but: Had a partner shot a sow (w/cubs) in the azz w/a blunt tip arrow to try to run her off a bait site. It would be quiet since you're in the city limits. But I should warn you that particular bear went battschit crazy and he couldn't get down from his stand for hours!!!

But hey, if you're up for a little rodeo, why not???? smile

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't see the reason just to kill it because it already has two tags in it's ear unless it turns aggressive.

Two tags to me means at least one too many chances.

Black bears are in no way endangered, shooting the problem ones will in no way affect anything except to get rid of potential problems.

Even WITHOUT prior aggression, among the least of the things that could happen is you lose a dog or two, and the worst that could happen doesn't bear thinking about....

This particular bear didn't have any ear tags....

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/20/n...-infant-from-stroller-and-kills-her.html

A young black bear killed a 5-month-old girl outside her family's summer bungalow in a Catskill resort yesterday afternoon, snatching the sleeping baby from her stroller while the mother took her two other children to safety.

The bear ran into the woods of Fallsburg, N.Y., with the girl, but dropped her moments later as horrified members of an Orthodox Jewish vacation colony screamed and chased after it.

The baby, Esther Schwimmer, was taken by ambulance to Ellenville Regional Hospital and pronounced dead on arrival around 3 p.m., hospital officials said.

The bear, a 150-pound male, was killed by a Fallsburg police officer, David Decker, who followed him into the woods and shot him once with a .40-caliber pistol as the bear tried to climb a tree.

Nor this one..

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_federal-park-or-reserve-bears-smokies

GATLINBURG, TENNESSEE � A woman waiting for her ex-husband on a trail at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was killed by a black bear.

Glenda Ann Bradley, 50, of Cosby, was mauled Sunday, becoming the first person killed by a black bear in a federal park or reserve in the Southeast, park officials said.
"This was simply an unprovoked attack," Phil Francis, the park's acting superintendent, said Monday.

Bradley, an experienced hiker, and Ralph Hill, 52, entered the park about noon. The couple, who had been reconciling, hiked about 10 miles from Gatlinburg.

Hill told authorities he left Bradley on the trail to go fishing. He returned about an hour later to find her backpack on the trail and two black bears--an adult female and a yearling--at her body about 50 yards away. The 111-pound adult bear apparently killed the woman.

No ear tags here either....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/14/national/main1498833.shtml

Authorities hunted Friday for a black bear that picked up a 2-year-old boy in its mouth and mauled his mother, critically injuring them before killing the child's older sister.

The attack came Thursday afternoon in the Cherokee National Forest in southeastern Tennessee.

The family was at a pool below Benton Falls on Chilhowee Mountain when the bear attacked, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency said.

Witnesses told authorities the bear picked up the boy in its mouth while the mother and other visitors tried to fend it off with sticks and rocks, said Dan Hicks, a spokesman for the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. The mother and the boy were critically injured and flown to Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga, authorities said.

When the bear attacked, the 6-year-old girl ran away, authorities said. Rescuers found the girl's body about 100 yards down the trail from the falls. A bear was standing over her.

Rare as all get out I know, but this bear has already made threat displays to the OP. It should be shot forthwith.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bow + judo heads or blunt tips. My neighbor next door had bear problems on his hunting land and he swears that bears hate azz-end hits with non-penetrating tips.

Now with even more aplomb
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 55 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.