Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hardway Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was'nt on the same job but I knew the guy pretty good.....He had a young family.....Good man.

Not sure on the specifics but I guess he was using one of those really small bobcats that you ride on back...or walk behind and was working around a bridge abutment.......Water truck driver found him trapped between the machine and the concrete.

It was bullchit that he was working by himself.....against company policy and stupid. Prayers for his family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear that. Sucks when a good hard working man dies for no real reason.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear. Have worked on heavy equipment by my self and scared my self. Known of others that ended like your co-workers. Not a good way to go.

Again, sorry.

Sean
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Prayers for his family and friends.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bad deal. I'm in the hydraulic hose business and have seen this too many times with our customers, equipment (even small skid-steers) can kill you in a heartbeat if you make a mistake or even just have a moment of bad luck. Prayers to the family.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So very sorry to hear of this. Prayers from here as well.

If a fund is set up to help out his family, please post the info here.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Praying for his family.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
nobody should have to die for his job! the employer better be taken to task for this. prayers to his family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers for the family. Saw way too much of that way back when.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear about your bud, prayers sent.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers sent.

I know the feeling of putting your body at risk to keep your job. I suffer from lower back issues, and some days at work, my job requires a TON of up and down bending over.

But, its either work, or get sent home without pay for the day which i cant afford.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear about your co-worker. As skit wrote, no one should have to die for their job.

Our trades community lost a good man 3 years ago when he was electrocuted by a rodent bared 110v wire in a damp crawlspace. He was a family man, grandfather, husband and friend. I worked shoulder to shoulder with the man for several years and found him to be as hard-working and honorable as they come.

My condolences to you, the community and the man's family.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sad news.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skit
nobody should have to die for his job! the employer better be taken to task for this. prayers to his family.

Agreed on the prayers to his family, but you have no clue who is at fault here. Is the company at fault? Could be. Is the guy who passed away at fault? Could be.

I had a guy at the last plant I worked at that felt so dedicated to the company, when he got past his allowed time at work, he'd go and clock out, then come back in to finish the work he was doing, on his own time. I was new to the plant and job, but when found out about it, had to tell him, there is a reason we made them go home after a certain amount of hours, and he would need to do that from then on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You really don't know who is at fault. If you have ever owned a business that has people doing dangerous work and manual labor you have no idea how much stuff gets ignored. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen guys in the shop pick up a steel plate with a plate clamp/crane on one end only and then pivot it on their steel toe boot to turn it around, just as an example. Guys walk under suspended loads all the time etc...

That's why when we do safety meetings you have them sign the sheet with the agenda on it that they were there and listened.

Otto is my co-pilot.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Terrible to hear. It only takes a second for a tragedy like this to happen. My heart goes out to his family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bad deal for sure. Prayers for his family. I nearly got crushed like that a few years ago when i got out of the truck to open a steel gate. I didn't get the truck fully in park and was on a decline. Luckily, I heard gravel crunching just in time to step aside as the truck hit the gate. We're never guaranteed tomorrow....

Last edited by JPro; 07/31/13. Reason: decline, not incline

Now with even more aplomb
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
So sorry to hear this! Prayers offered for his family and friends.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
we had a accident here a couple yrs ago where the contractor was standing next to a ditch witch his son was operating. he slipped and and fell into the blades and tore in half. only takes a second.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by skit

Prayers for his family from Oregon, what a horrible deal for them.
But about the employer being taken to task, excuse me? It was already against company policy to work alone, what exactly do you think the employer should be "taken to task" for? I own and operate a landscaping company and I'd sure like to know what your liberal mindset thinks guys like me should lose when an employee makes bad decisions that cost them life or limb. I give every drop of blood I have to make this thing work and a careless or even deliberate disregard for safety by an employee should cost me what exactly? How about the guy being responsible for following guidelines put in place to keep him safe and alive?!! Maybe the owner of the company should sign over the deed to his house? Or pay restitution for 30 years to the widow? What do you suggest Mr. Taken to Task?

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.