Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hrh2k
While not expandable, the new toxic broadheads look promising.

I've been thinking about these as well. Looks like it would make a gusher of a hole.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
check out the new Wasp Z-Force 100g expandables smile

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Wife and I have been using Muzzy's the past few years, going to try Rage this year. Got a buddy who is big time into bow hunting and he convinced me a Rage would have greater accuracy. We'll see this fall.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A fixed blade broadhead that shoots to same POI as a FP with no sight adjustment needed. How do you get any more accurate? Your friend is sadly mistaken. The Rage is a good broadhead. Ran them last year and they will be in my quiver this year. But more accuracy just because its a mech head instead of a fixed? Sorry but that dog dont hunt.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
He cites tighter groups.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Rage 2 blade ,haven't shot a deer with them that went more then 50 yards before toppling over and blood trail a blind man could follow

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bludog
He cites tighter groups.

I have my own tuning shop that I run when Im not offshore working construction. With a properly tuned bow/shooter the accuracy difference is nill. Do be aware my tuning process involves way more than youll find at 90% of the "pro shops". Been playing this game a long time. And Ill have Rage and ST in my quiver this year.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
ive got 36 rocket bacon skinners 125grnfixed head. to try this year 2 years previous i used Wensel heads. 3 previous years g5 montechs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure hope those rockets are improved over the originals. When they first were introduced they lost blades like crazy. Good luck this season

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Trauma or Rampage from Dead Ringer Hunting. I used the trauma end of last year & harvested a deer, turkey & black bear with awesome results.

http://deadringerhunting.com/products?cat=21

Treestands don't demand. Treestands don't complain.
Treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Originally Posted by bludog
He cites tighter groups.

I have my own tuning shop that I run when Im not offshore working construction. With a properly tuned bow/shooter the accuracy difference is nill. Do be aware my tuning process involves way more than youll find at 90% of the "pro shops". Been playing this game a long time. And Ill have Rage and ST in my quiver this year.

Hey, I defer to your experience, just glad you will be using Rage, 'cause we will be too. Got a brand new Creed replacing my older Diamond, and can't wait to try it out this weekend. I do like that a practice tip is supplied with the Rage to determine actual POI. Can't really do that with the MX-3. But the Muzzy is a darn good broadhead on game.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Rage should serve you well. Know I like them. Ill have both in my quiver. Just be a matter of which head i choose to shoot on a given day. Also gonna give the 100grn grave diggers a try.

Custom Strings/Tuning
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
i hope so also

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just remember it really comes down to shot placement no matter what head you use.

Treestands don't demand. Treestands don't complain.
Treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
this guys is lucky to be alive because the rage blade failed. I don't want my elk/deer to have the same chance. That's why I shoot fixed blades.

http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=1&article_id=28971

West Kentucky Boy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Flame on haters. I love my slick tricks. But the rage flat kills stuff. Not a fan of their 3 blade but have absolutely no complaints with the 100grn 2 blade

Custom Strings/Tuning
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by N2MyWake
this guys is lucky to be alive because the rage blade failed. I don't want my elk/deer to have the same chance. That's why I shoot fixed blades.

http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=1&article_id=28971

I'm not sure that a "shot-in-the-head" placement counts as a "fail" against the broadhead design/mechanics...just sayin'.

There's a lot of "fail" in the story, but seems to be back on the nock end of the arrow...

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I might buy new broadheads for the season but they are always the same brand NAP and model Spitfires!

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I switched to Exodus fixed blades last fall and did just fine here in PA and also in Kansas on whitetails

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The QAD is on my list of broadheads to try as well. Hear good things. Also want to try the Grave Digger. Looks to be a nasty head that offers best of both worlds. And from all accounts they fly extremely well

Custom Strings/Tuning
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.