Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
at Big 5 a few minutes ago. Was standing there at the counter and the mgr walked up "can I help you?". "NO thanks, I'm just admiring your gouger pricing. $12.99 for a box of 50?" He says "yea, but I've got it" Told him he was going to keep it too.

Just can't believe this kind of pricing. Is anyone else encountering this?

John

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doubt the guy you talked to set the pricing.

What don't you believe? Supply and DEMAND. He'll probably be sold out soon to boot.

I don't like it either, but I also don't want to change the basis of our economy. I'm sure Obama would LOVE price control on ammo!

You don't know what the store had to pay to get it either. I bet many folks are happy to get it at any price for their kids. Which would you like, a store that has ammo at elevated prices or a store that has NO ammo???

Don't like it? NEVER go into that store again. Only thing you can do.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Yea avagadro, I agree with your post. I was just very suprised. Left it for the next guy.
John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scopey58
Yea avagadro, I agree with your post. I was just very suprised. Left it for the next guy.
John

AND that make's you a wonderful American. Thinking of your neighbor's need's!

wink.... schitt needs to end soon. Come next spring or early summer, I'll need to replenish my plinking stock!!

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scopey58
at Big 5 a few minutes ago. Was standing there at the counter and the mgr walked up "can I help you?". "NO thanks, I'm just admiring your gouger pricing. $12.99 for a box of 50?" He says "yea, but I've got it" Told him he was going to keep it too.

Just can't believe this kind of pricing. Is anyone else encountering this?

John

John,

You know your country is going to [bleep] now as those prices are even higher than over here in the UK! We're paying about $9.50 per 50 and even that seems expensive..

Hope things revert to normal for you guys and prices drop to where they should be!

Regards

Peter

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I guess I'm mis-informed, as I thought ammunition & firearms are a no-no for the Queens subjects. Please explain. -TomT.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are very misinformed. They need permits to buy. It's easier to get a suppressor over there than it is here. Went cruising the Welsh country side one evening in the back of a pick-up with a 22-250 looking for fox. Quite the blast!!!

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TomT
I guess I'm mis-informed, as I thought ammunition & firearms are a no-no for the Queens subjects. Please explain. -TomT.

We can own rifles and shotguns for sporting purposes, however handguns are severely restricted, although not completely banned. Their (legal)ownership is increasing again albeit very slowly.

As avagadro says, we need a permit for possession, and there is a lot of paperwork/red tape every time we wish to buy or sell a firearm.

I am glad to say that the legal ownership of firearms is generally increasing over here, with uses like hunting more popular now than ever before..

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
That is good news Pete.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Not too bad in Denver, Colorado. I just bought three boxes of 22LR 50 count for $7.99 each and a box of 525 for $23.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Scopey58: Unfortunately on those RARE occassions when I do come across ANY 22 L.R. hollow-point ammunition it is either priced VERY high and/or there is a LIMIT of one or two boxes!!!
BUT... according to some "know-it-alls" on this board there is NO shortage and they just walk into their local Wal-Mart's and etc and buy what ever they want!
Just like the few turd-like peoples on this board the "know-it-alls" are full of [bleep] and simply are out of touch with reality!
I am beginning to worry about this shortage EVER ending - at least until hussein obama is long gone!
I travel and get to more gunshows and gunshops and chain stores than 98% of the the contributors on this site (and that includes uppity "know it all" gunwriters!) and I am certain there is not enough rimfire ammunition in the production chain to meet demand - and hasn't been for nearly a year now!
I don't know why and I don't care why!
I just know its a fact!
I am hoping this 10+ month situation corrects itself soon but I am loosing my optimism in that regard.
I desperately need Winchester Super-X Power Points but would also NOT pay $13.00 for 50 of them (26 cents apiece!)!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would have thought the hoarders would have ran out of gun show suckas by now. Unless they're hoarding for the next run/shortage??? Or maybe the there is still a market for gougers at gunshows. I don't know. I am curious though. Some deep pockets are keeping them outta the hands of the masses. (assuming ammo companies are cranking like they say they are).

-g

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just saw the same at the local Academy Sports but it was 14.95 for 50. Decided I did not need any.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 3,220 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,746
Posts18,514,577
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.