-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Demand pushes innovation and capitalism....this is much stronger than electric.

Our HEB grocery store has an electric charge station and I've never seen a car there.

All American

All the time

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Very interesting.

Something clever here.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It is interesting, but time will tell. I don't blame the station owners for not wanting to spend the $$$ though. Would you spend $100,000+ to make 6-8cts/gallon? I'm also curious as to the fuel economy vs gasoline and if it's worth it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by jorgeI
An Aluminum body? Even the Brits and Italians gave up on that idiotic idea and on a truck? It will look like crap in six months with that thin skin.

Aluminum alloy....we ain't Brit or Italian

Fine for airplanes but for trucks? pass,

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aluminum huh? Can't imagine what the outcome would be if you were to hit another vehicle, say a semi, bus or non-aluminum bodied pickup. So what kind of mileage would something like this get?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the bed will be aluminum for all F-150s. Frames for all F-Series pickups will be made of steel.

I've heard about this before but I think there is some confusion over what will be aluminum and what will be steel.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
15min to fill the tank at a "quick" fill? That jibes with what I read a few months ago in the paper here. The local energy company is allowing people to fill up at their compressor station in Afton, but it takes a while. They will loan you a vehicle if you're in a hurry.

Filling up at home isn't going to be allowed for long. There is no way to collect road taxes if you fill up from your home line.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When/if NG starts to take a significant market share oil prices will react downward. Middle East/Venezuela etc become less important. No more market fear tactics when N. Korea breaks wind or crazy Islamists kill more of each other. As far as road taxes go it won't be as easy as marking farm diesel but you can bet the tax czars will figure out a way.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I work in the natural gas industry. Problem is we are having a hard time getting the service stations to install the natural gas filling stations. These stations require a compressor and compressed gas storage tanks. Space is one problem. The Big Oil stations are another. They do not want to install them. The American Gas Association (natural gas association) is trying to get stations installed every 100 miles or so along the interstate system. Normally right now only utilities or fleets have natural gas, and they own their own stations and do not sell to the public. These Ford trucks will be bought by utilities who are into natural gas. Gas companies, postal delivery trucks, UPS, phone company, etc. It actually pays out for these companies if they have 20-25 vehicles. Fuel costs saved pays for the conversion and compressor stations. Natural gas equivelant energy costs vs gasoline or diesel is about $1.84 a gallon. Once fleets are firmly established it is a matter of time for other vehicles.

Our marketing personell get Honda Civics for their vehicles and they are natural gas powered. Honda sells a slow fill compressor about the size of a water heater to slow fill their cars overnight or you can quick fill at our station. It gets about 150 miles on a fill range and can be filled in 15 minutes at a quick fill station.

We have an F-250 combo diesel/natural gas truck that when blended gets 36 mpg diesel.

Advantages: Cleaner, about 60% less carbon into the atmosphere, cheaper, all American produced, about a 200 year supply HERE. Not imported fuel so money stays in America. It actually helps the engines last longer also. Less fouling. Dedicated vehicles do not need a catylitic converter.

Disadvantages: Only one major one, getting the compressors installed at fuel supply stations. Natural gas is not available in some rural and remote areas, especially in the west. However, new pipelines can be installed along the interstates and US highways to supply fueling stations. (more work for americans).

Now THERE is a great spot for a tax break that could pay great dividends.

Natural Gas is a �natural� for route trucks and buses or other local vehicles that can use the same station to refuel.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Australia has been using natural gas (LPG) since the 70's. The taxi's and buses always use it and many cars have the tanks designed in or added.
When it was introduced, the cost of the gas was about 20% that of petrol. "was", being the operative word.

It is not new technology, the US is way behind in a lot of areas.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ford has never been a great truck and never will be.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175

Thanks for the chuckle bea, that was a good one. laugh

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FORD = Found on the road dead

FORD = Fix and repair daily

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1911's suck.

The .30-06 is obsolete.

This list could get long. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FORD = Found on the road dead

FORD = Fix and repair daily

They may not be great trucks, but they beat the he!! out of anything Government Motors makes...

if you want a work truck!

If you want a city driver...

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ford = Leupold.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
our buddy ford........Ford's cooperation with the Nazis continued until at least August 1942-eight months after the United States entered the war-through its properties in Vichy France. Indeed, a secret wartime report prepared by the US Treasury Department concluded that the Ford family sought to further its business interests by encouraging Ford of France executives to work with German officials overseeing the occupation. "There would seem to be at least a tacit acceptance by [Henry Ford's son] Mr. Edsel Ford of the reliance...on the known neutrality of the Ford family as a basis of receipt of favors from the German Reich," it says.

The new information about Ford's World War II role comes at a time of growing attention to corporate collaboration with the Third Reich. In 1998 Swiss banks reached a settlement with Holocaust survivors and agreed to pay $ 1.25 billion. That set the stage for a host of new Holocaust-related revelations as well as legal claims stemming from such issues as looted art and unpaid insurance benefits. This past November NBC News reported that Chase Manhattan's French branch froze Jewish accounts at the request of German occupation authorities. Chase's Paris branch manager, Carlos Niedermann, worked closely with German officials and approved loans to finance war production for the Nazi Army. In Germany the government and about fifty firms that employed slave and forced labor during World War II-including Bayer, BMW, Volkswagen and Daimler-Chrysler-reached agreement in mid-December to establish a $5.1 billion fund to pay victims

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
First
On
Race
Day

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I do like ford trucks, but a natural gas engine might be difficult to find fuel for no?

Yes..

"Not only is natural gas 50% to 80% cheaper than regular gasoline, " ---- for now. But what will the freakin' states charge for road taxes??? You can bet they'll look at this as another GREAT source of revenue..

Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Thanks for the chuckle bea, that was a good one. laugh
It was indeed!!

Local farmers in the area say, "if ya wanna look purdy, buy GM. If ya wanna PULL anything, buy the Ford.."

Originally Posted by Oldman2003
[Linked Image]
Reminds me - I'm almost outta popcorn.. Thanks for the reminder.

laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.