Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Similar thing happened to Texas Gov. Rick Perry, out walking his dog. He shot the coyote with his Ruger LCR, I think laser equipped. He wasn't in a subdivision and he wasn't in Florida... cool

DF

Yep. Except It was his daughters dog, who was joggin with the Gov. On his morning run. And it was a Ruger LCP 380 And it was right in the middle of down town Austin. Just a few blocks from the Capital. Coyotes are spotted in downtown Houston & Dallas all the time by Cops working the night shift. They love to munch on kitty's & small fuzzy dogs.

By the way, Ruger even made a special run of LCP 380's to commemorate the killin. It was called the "Coyote Special" & had the outline shape of the state of TX engraved into the slide.
They sold like hotcakes. Ruger sold out of the first run in about 3 days. You see em on Gunbroker from time to time.

Thanks for the update and corrections.

That's an even better story than my version... smile

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
If obama had a dog, it would look like a coyote.

naw even coyotes have standards....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Similar thing happened to Texas Gov. Rick Perry, out walking his dog. He shot the coyote with his Ruger LCR, I think laser equipped. He wasn't in a subdivision and he wasn't in Florida... cool

DF

Yep. Except It was his daughters dog, who was joggin with the Gov. On his morning run. And it was a Ruger LCP 380 And it was right in the middle of down town Austin. Just a few blocks from the Capital. Coyotes are spotted in downtown Houston & Dallas all the time by Cops working the night shift. They love to munch on kitty's & small fuzzy dogs.

By the way, Ruger even made a special run of LCP 380's to commemorate the killin. It was called the "Coyote Special" & had the outline shape of the state of TX engraved into the slide.
They sold like hotcakes. Ruger sold out of the first run in about 3 days. You see em on Gunbroker from time to time.

DF

Of course, the Libertard press in Austin was all over it at the time. Big news story, that day, so it must have been a really slow news day for the Press. Austin is the most Liberal part of TX & almost like little San Franciso, nowadays.
We Agggie's call it the "home of the Steers & Queers" wink

Anyhow, Ole Gov. Rick really enjoys pissen off the Liberal Press, there, & passed a state law that you could get in the State Capital without going through Capital Security & the Metal Dectectors by showing your CHL at the door. That really pissed off all the Libertards!
I always wonder if he's the only State Gov. in the Nation that packs a Pistole.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

DF

DF

Of course, the Libertard press in Austin was all over it at the time. Big news story, that day, so it must have been a really slow news day for the Press. Austin is the most Liberal part of TX & almost like little San Franciso, nowadays.
We Agggie's call it the "home of the Steers & Queers" wink

Anyhow, Ole Gov. Rick really enjoys pissen off the Liberal Press, there, & passed a state law that you could get in the State Capital without going through Capital Security & the Metal Dectectors by showing your CHL at the door. That really pissed off all the Libertards!
I always wonder if he's the only State Gov. in the Nation that packs a Pistole.

Maybe the only Gov. with guts enough to cap a 'yote. Maybe the only one who could hit a 'yote with a .380.

UT was pushed by massive oil money back in the day. It has the second largest endowment in the nation, bettered only my Harvard. Least that's what I've heard.

Those early, well meaning Texicans, wanting the absolute best for their school and with the money to make it happen, hired top professors from all over the nation. What they did was plant seeds of liberalism in a very conservative state. So, seems to me, that's how Austin got to be what it is today, big money trying to buy the "best".

Sometimes "best" isn't best.

IMHO,

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was golden!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've lived about two miles from where this happened and I have been seeing coyotes in this neighborhood for at least fifteen years. I've seen them in broad daylight, dusk and after dark. A lot of them are big too. The wife and I almost bumped into one a couple of years ago. It was trotting along in a ditch and had to come out of the ditch to cross the road. It popped out out of the ditch not ten feet in front of us.

That article makes it sound like its a big surprise but people in Hidden Lake have known about them for years. I appraised a house in Hidden lake maybe five years ago and the guy was getting an equity line to pay for fencing his back yard because he saw a coyote sizing up his kids while they played in the back yard. He said you could hear the coyotes singing at night and pointed out where they lived. Everybody that has cows also has a donkey or two to keep the coyotes at bay. I don't see how the guy with the dogs could have not known but I guess he didn't.

There's a heavily wooded commercial (someday) tract right behind Hidden Lake and its pretty good sized. That's one place where they live. There's still some pasture land in the neighborhood too. Plenty of vacant land around and we are just a couple of miles from the Cross Florida Greenway and a couple of State wildlife preserves. I don't know how people manage to be surprised when wildlife shows up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should you dial 911 or is this just another reason people should have guns?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1 wolf and 1 dog (pick the breed) = 1 dog as food

2 coyotes and 1 dog (pick the breed) = 1 dog as food

trh you can blow as much smoke as you want....bring your mutt out and I will show you how very wrong you are....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
10 wolves and 1 coyote = 1 coyote as food. grin

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.