-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mosquitos in those swampy bottoms. (Falls under the DG classification [Linked Image]) Supernaturally evasive, attack in hordes of 3500 or more, make enough noise that you wouldn't hear a 300 LB hog come up behind you if it was wearing clogs. Immune to 100% deet, takes a two handed swing with a sledgehammer to put them down...........<P>------------------<BR>Gun control is good bullet placement.....

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most Difficult......You were concentrating so hard on that antelope buck as you low crawled a hundred yards that you didn't notice the hole a couple yards off to your right in the cut bank. It is slightly above you and somewhat obscured because of the angle. You might have missed it altogether.... if the badger who lived there hadn't brought out the welcome wagon [Linked Image] .<P>Good luck, Troy.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Troy (edited May 30, 2001).]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh man Troy, that reminds me of my one and only badger incident.<P>Back in the mid 80's I used to love to go mountain bike riding at night during the full moon. Got to see quite a parade of critters out on these rides. One night, there I was, just riding along (all good bike riding stories begin with "I was just riding along...") when I see this low form moving along the fire road in front of me. Well I keep on going, and sure enough, about the time I get 10-15 feet away from it, I recognize it in the moonlight as a badger. So, being as how it is the first badger I've ever seen in the flesh, and also as I wasn't really badger savvy, I stopped the bike, and said "Hey there Mr Badger !". Apparently this is not the proper form of address for badgers, as I swear this thing made a noise that can only be described as "snorfling" at me, and charged. Well there I was, holding up the bicycle, sort of like a matador, and yet sort of orbiting around the bike at the same time. Anything to keep the bike between me and this crazed snorfling badger...<P>Well, I guess badgers aren't big on endurance, or this one was just having some fun, because after a couple of laps around the bike, he must have figured I was more trouble than it was worth, and he did that sort of low slung trot down the road a few more yards and disappeared off to the side.<P>Never saw it again, but always wondered just what it was I said that ticked it off so much...<P>Scott

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think the snipe is the hardest animal to find, let alone kill. When I was a kid I went snipe hunting on many occasions and never even saw one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 02bfishn, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 16,427 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,204
Posts18,543,622
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.