Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
14 Aug, 2013

Procter & Gambel recall Iams and Eukanuba dry dog and cat food. Produced at one plant over a 10 day period.

Link

Lot numbers listed on their site.

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Salmonella is mainly a risk to the humans who handle the food, as dogs (I don't know about cats) are almost completely immune to the disease by the nature of their digestion process.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
That is an old "Wives Tale", Salmonellosis effects both dogs and cats, and they in turn can pass it on to humans, not to mention from just handling the stuff and not washing.

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Greyghost
That is an old "Wifes Tale", Salmonellosis effects both dogs and cats, and they in turn can pass it on to humans, not to mention from just handeling the stuff and not washing.

Phil
Dogs can contract it, but it's highly unlikely due to the rapidity with which food passes through a dog's digestive tract, which is typically too short a period for salmonella to reproduce and then infect.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever once that got salmonella. The vet said there are many different kinds and my dog could still get all the others. Not so? This was 35 years ago.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for posting. The big bag I bought yesterday was not on the list.

RS

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
I had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever once that got salmonella. The vet said there are many different kinds and my dog could still get all the others. Not so? This was 35 years ago.
It's possible for dogs to contract the disease associated with salmonella, but far less likely than with humans. The more likely problem, however, is that when dogs consume food contaminated with harmful salmonella, they can transmit the disease to humans, even when (as is typical) it's harmless to the dog.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it is doubtful they can catch it as well. My dog eats anything he can get in his mouth when we're not looking including raw chicken scraps and he never gets sick. He even eats cat turds out of the cat's litter box if he can get to them.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He even eats cat turds out of the cat's litter box if he can get to them.

laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColKlink
I think it is doubtful they can catch it as well. My dog eats anything he can get in his mouth when we're not looking including raw chicken scraps and he never gets sick. He even eats cat turds out of the cat's litter box if he can get to them before I do.

fixed

laugh

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think it is doubtful they can catch it as well. My dog eats anything he can get in his mouth when we're not looking including raw chicken scraps and he never gets sick. He even eats cat turds out of the cat's litter box if he can get to them.
My dog thinks chicken crap is a rare delicacy. Fortunately, it's only rarely that any of my chickens jumps the fence enclosing their pasture into her yard and leaves their "gifts" for her.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I think it is doubtful they can catch it as well. My dog eats anything he can get in his mouth when we're not looking including raw chicken scraps and he never gets sick. He even eats cat turds out of the cat's litter box if he can get to them before I do.

fixed

laugh
crazy Brilliant.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

Salmonella is a bacterial infection. I had not heard that recovering from a bacterial infection would give one any immunity from said infection in the future.

Viral infections often do leave one immune to to that virus strain in the future.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Recalls were never a problem with these foods before they sold out to Proctor and Gamble. Now it seems that at least one of their food lines is going to have problems at least once a year.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Is that perhaps due to P & G having stricter QC standards and better testing??

Many recalls are initiated in house before and without any evidence of harm to the public.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I Don't know anything about Salmonella that except it hurts - BAD.
If I'm not mistaken, some bacterial infections do confer immunity e.g. Tetanus, Diphtheria, pertussis, tuberculosis.

Last edited by night_owl; 08/15/13.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Is that perhaps due to P & G having stricter QC standards and better testing??

Many recalls are initiated in house before and without any evidence of harm to the public.

Exactly the opposite. They try to make the stuff as cheap as possible to make the bottom line look better.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by night_owl
I Don't know anything about Salmonella that except it hurts - BAD.
If I'm not mistaken, some bacterial infections do confer immunity e.g. Tetanus, Diphtheria, pertussis, tuberculosis.
I think those are viral. It is bacterial infections/diseases that can't be treated.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Manydogs, you are ignorant to the the process, and very ignorant to the overly pedantic approach P&G has to protecting its image from having this bad product get out the door. Their quality control used on all their products is top notch, far and above any of its competitors.

1/504 PIR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

fixed

laugh

Holy schit I'm dying here. LMAO

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,369 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,864
Posts18,497,278
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.