-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You could, of course, just drop a canvas over the trap and run a hose from under the edge to the same revved up muffler.

Brilliant! cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Thanks, Birdy.

The suckers hit around it all day long. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
if you want to be real humane, feed them McDonalds french fries until they die of a heart attack. Fer cripes sake shoot them with a short out of a long barreled 22 rifle, if your worried about the neighbors drag the trap into the garage, put it over a tarp, wack em, and clean up with pine shavings

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A .22 short fired single shot in a .22mag rifle barrel is real quite. But the case will split from firing in the oversized chamber. You'll need a screwdriver or a cleaning rod to eject the spent .22 short case. Learned that one from a old time cop who used to be our neighbor in College.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
frown What a waste! Put them to good use. Live trap and release near a Democrats or PETA's members home, especially if they garden. GW wink

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

I have always just taken live trapped animals and set the trap in water....return in ten minutes and pour out wet dead victim

Then wrap in garbage bag, put in chest freezer until garbage collection day.

Why go through that fuss, some neighbor will all ways leave their can out. Let it stink if they can't put it back in their yard.

Sean
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Clunk behind ears with baseball bat, then lay bat across their neck, stand on it, and pull up on their hind legs very quickly to snap their neck.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rost495
sounds like a practical use for the assegai I brought back from RSA!

I have always just taken live trapped animals and set the trap in water....return in ten minutes and pour out wet dead victim

Ain't much on purposely drowning anything, seems like way to violent of a death to me.

Same here...I can still see those bubbles from my second wife...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
An empty 2 liter soda bottle works fine too. A little debbil told me dat whistle

How the hell do you get the raccoon in there to shoot it? It'd rip your arms off, and besides, alot of them are bigger than a 2 liter pop bottle.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Victoro, my post containing the info from TP&WD about trapping 'coons was not removed, it is still there. Not that complicated, really, unless you are trapping and relocating a lot of animals, as a city or county department might do. My reason for posting that information was to point out that a trapping license is NOT required for "pest control" on private property.

Personally, I don't like to kill ratcoons, and when they roll those big eyes at me and look apologetic, I sometimes don't. They can be big time pests, though, and the ones who growl and snap at me, while I might understand and sympathize with their attitude, often receive the death penalty. The two I disposed of recently were trying to get into our attic, crawling all over the roof at night and getting into other stuff. They had also eaten a nest of baby birds my wife was watching on our back deck. I think some might call it evolution?

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Jeez.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mikewriter

Personally, I don't like to kill ratcoons, and when they roll those big eyes at me and look apologetic, I sometimes don't.

I feel the same way about orphans, but I manage to get through it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a buddy use a chain saw as a noise distraction to dispatch a raccoon. Works as great "noise camo" for your bunny hugging neighbors!

TANSTAAFL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put the trap under water until the bubbles stop.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Clunk behind ears with baseball bat, then lay bat across their neck, stand on it, and pull up on their hind legs very quickly to snap their neck.
Yea a baseball bat works real good except first you have to get them out of a live trap which should be interesting and second you need to wack them without the help of a trap. And to the gent that likes to look into their sorry eyes, send me your address and I will ship you a big box of pissed off coons to keep you company Russ

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Green Mountain sells a 28" sporter barrel for the 10-22. I forget what I paid for it but it was well worth the cost in backyard practice. With Rem Sub-sonic ammo it's about as loud as a hand clap. Cycles the action 100% which is good cause I frequently have to hit em on the run at night which usually takes a couple shots.

100% legal.

My gallon jug test had it stopping in the third jug with .35 expansion, exits possums most of the time, kills em everytime.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite suppressor is a room with a window or an outside door open just two or three inches as I shoot through the crack from the far side of the room.

Louder'n the crack o' doom inside but mighty quiet � and brief � outside, even with high-speed Long Rifle hollow-points.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Release the critter in the Parks and WIldlife building some night. This will give them a thrill.

Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Nowadays, when I have a live trapped 'coon I need to dispose of (I have found no animal "rescue" groups that will answer their phone when I need them to take one off my hands, and have been told by someone in the Parks & Wildlife Dept that it is illegal to simply drive them down the road and release them), I drive my riding mower up close to the trap, rev the engine up all the way, and pop the critter with a .22 short. Neighbors only hear the mower, no BATF fee or waiting period required.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by rost495
sounds like a practical use for the assegai I brought back from RSA!

Ain't much on purposely drowning anything, seems like way to violent of a death to me.

My feelings too. That's a long suffering period, relatively speaking. Just MHO.

S
S
I have a 22 caliber pellet rifle that has a 10 round magazine and it has no problem taking out anything from squirrels to rabbits to possums with very little noise

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,094
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.