Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nope.........Engineers are always right.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I know.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Now Architecs.......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hardway
Now Architecs.......

Don't get me started...........

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You ever wonder if an Architec finishes drawing something up and goes "now figure out how to build THAT mother phugger"

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You ever wonder if an Architec finishes drawing something up and goes "now figure out how to build THAT mother phugger"

Don't get me started HW........

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Nope.........Engineers are always right.

yup they are always right, up to the point there is actually another human involved, but engineers probably stroke one off with their mouse in the same hand as their dick.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BJ,

Have another brewski, dude.

We are responsible for all life-safety things.......according to the law. This in fact........gets old.........including being held responsible for the contractor's life-safety ineptitude.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wow, looks like you stroke off to a picture of yourself.

It gets really sickening listening to engineers who think they are so much more important than everyone else because they can stick a pe behind their name.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Now Architecs.......

grin It's called a fuggin coordinate system use it!

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bubbajay
wow, looks like you stroke off to a picture of yourself.

It gets really sickening listening to engineers who think they are so much more important than everyone else because they can stick a pe behind their name.

That's the whole entire point of this life on our planet, BJ. This is why this country promotes education and scholastic achievement so much.

I did it.....and you didn't. I get to....and you don't.

Otherwise we're all equal progressives.

GTFU.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Of course, with the current curriculum of the OP, all I have to do is explain my logic, even if faulty, and all is forgiven.

I think the point that is being missed is that you should be gaining an understanding rather than just memorizing a bunch of stuff that you can't really apply well. Assuming that is true, explaining your 'logic' should allow you to see your own error. Failing that, whoever you communicate your logic to should be more than happy to show your error. Certainly people don't all think things out the same way. There can be many ways to arrive at correct answers, though some may be more efficient. Hearing a student's explanation of their thinking can reveal potential thought pathways that may later get them in trouble. I don't have an opinion one way or another on Common Core. I do think the woman used a very poor example in what she did.

I've been too hard on myself for no reason.

Quite the contrary. I think students who explain their logic should be learning to self critique their thinking.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope..........engineers are always right.

Yeah right, You shoulda seen the way we had to build some stuff because of some halfwit engineer.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Math is fun, Ebonics is more funner!

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IMHO....surveyors = wannabe engineers......every last one of them. Okay, almost. Many flunked out of engineering school and had to choose second fiddle, which leads to their ego problem. This is quite common. This also comes from me witnessing soooo many of them starting their own firms (and finding some loser engineer as a partner) so that they can illegally practice engineering by preparing plans and engineering documents......and nobody can stop them. They want to produce plans and I've even seen them stamp them in incredible acts of ego, even tho not enough of them get reported to the state BTR's. They beech and piss and moan about civil engineer incompetence.........but then they wanna be one. Totally inexplicably hypocritical beyond belief.

Wow, a lot of angst there. Glad I didn't pair up with some loser engineer and open my own business. Hate to be on your bad side.

Even in gov't now....

you're in public work now?

I see the problem.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Klik,
I agree with what your saying, but in the long run, partial credit for disciplines where there is a definitive right and wrong answer is, well, wrong, imo.

Explaining logic with a mentor who can correct your reasoning should be what teaching is all about, more than just red-lining an answer sheet, but the latter is what we have more of these days.

And that general philosophy of "there are no winners or losers, everyone wins just for trying" is diluting the pool of people that strive for excellence in their school work - that they can eventually take to their professional life. No incentive for going the extra mile.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I had one that figured everyone was finally getting the hang of seemlessly converting his drawings, so he switched to metric.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
No incentive for going the extra mile.

And that ladies and gents is largely what is wrong with the country today.

I might add that those that go the extra mile are actually punished because it makes the slackers look and feel bad about themselves. Hurts their inflated sense of selfworth.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The engineer informs me that they never had it surveyed, but that they used a PDF that showed the property line and they tried to scale and fit it to some of their line work.

Ever see a power line alignment designed off google earth?

Good times.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RWE

IMHO....surveyors = wannabe engineers......every last one of them. Okay, almost. Many flunked out of engineering school and had to choose second fiddle, which leads to their ego problem. This is quite common. This also comes from me witnessing soooo many of them starting their own firms (and finding some loser engineer as a partner) so that they can illegally practice engineering by preparing plans and engineering documents......and nobody can stop them. They want to produce plans and I've even seen them stamp them in incredible acts of ego, even tho not enough of them get reported to the state BTR's. They beech and piss and moan about civil engineer incompetence.........but then they wanna be one. Totally inexplicably hypocritical beyond belief.

Wow, a lot of angst there. Glad I didn't pair up with some loser engineer and open my own business. Hate to be on your bad side.

Even in gov't now....

you're in public work now?

I see the problem.

Once upon a time.....6-8 or so years ago........somebody devised and patented a device that attached to a grader or a scaper that would automatically control the machine to cut or fill to the design grades......programmed right from the construction dwgs. This was intended to eliminate the staking profession entirely and lost profit sharing bonuses for all formerly involved company non-stakers. Whatever happened to this TERRIFIC technology?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 1,813 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,164
Posts18,523,511
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.