Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
haha. I know, I've been off work for too long. Just fueling the fire. As long as I keep talking sh*t Ackman will keep responding giving me lots of entertainment. Gotta pass the time somehow. Hey ackman need a tow yet?

how can they prove its solicitation of a prostitute? I gave the whooor the money in a birthday card.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good one. Go back and read your own crap. An angry little man calling someone else the angry one.....a f*ckin' idiot like you calling anyone a f*ckin' idiot? Hurt my feelings? You're delusional. Your 27mpg cummins is total bullsh*t. So you want to play the I'm faster'n you game? Fine. How about 10.90's in an everyday driver/hunting truck "mexican max" BTW - check where Ford and Dodge stuff is made. And yours is gonna fall apart around the engine. And who's responding to who? Dumbazz.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't have a dog in this fight, but didn't USMCSS say his vehicle is a 2-wheel drive? Here in the West, that's not a truck. It's a car with a bed. mtmuley

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Ackman.... once again why do you sound so anal retentive?

Hey mtmuley does the back of you throat hurt? I highly encourage you to look up the definition of "truck"

Ackman.... the truck isn't yours and you are retarded.
(Typical dmax owner talking [bleep] about something that isn't theirs)

Really guys, there's no need in throwing your laptops about a little trash talking.

how can they prove its solicitation of a prostitute? I gave the whooor the money in a birthday card.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by USMCSS

Ackman.... the truck isn't yours and you are retarded.
(Typical dmax owner talking [bleep] about something that isn't theirs)

USMCSS.....you poor pathetic sh*t. Yes it's very much mine. And I know guys with street driven Dmax's that are a bunch faster.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My lifted 3500 duramax running 42 inch bloggers runs through the traps at 10.4 and 125 mph (while towing a 19,000 lb gooseneck). The crazy thing is I get 34 MPG while drag racing and an astonishing 47 MPG on the open road! wink

Last edited by K1500; 08/20/13.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TFF.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What really helps power is a big chrome exhaust tip. See a truck with one of them, you know it's got some beans. Stacks even more so.....huge power, fast, and great mileage.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Nice TC1.... Ackman, I'm really starting to like you. Can we do this every day? I'd love to meet some of your friends who are on the list of top 50 fastest duramax's with you. what do ya say buddy? Can you post a video for us? I'd be glad to send you one of mine.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Oh yeah, well my daddy can beat up your daddy. Who gives a [bleep] how fast your truck runs in a 1/4? Use your truck like a truck, not a drag car.

IC B3

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Use it for both. I've got a dedicated drag car as well but sometimes its fun to unhook the trailer and run the truck. And the whole argument about trucks are trucks and not for drag racing is pretty obsolete these days with the number of high performance diesel trucks on the road and at the track. Diesel are very much drag cars, work trucks and family vehicles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You don't have to like me. I'm not your buddy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ajmorell
Oh yeah, well my daddy can beat up your daddy. Who gives a [bleep] how fast your truck runs in a 1/4? Use your truck like a truck, not a drag car.

Depends on what you want to do with it. Diesel trucks can make lots of power and be a lot of fun to drive, and still be used like a truck. The dragstrip for me is just a way to find out what it's actually got.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Anyone with a 10.9 second daily dmax is a friend of mine and I've got a lot of respect for them, that's a fast fu*king truck. And one that breaks down every other day, if companies like rbp, ats, banks and industrial injection can't build a reliable daily driven 10 second truck when they dedicate their lives and unlimited budgets to improving our sport and breaking records than you surely can't do it, and if by some crazy chance you do happen to have one in the 10s, then there is no way in hell it is as reliable as you initially stated YOUR duramax is. So which is it? Do you run 10s or is it the most reliable truck on the road? Just curious" Buddy"

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ackman

Depends on what you want to do with it. Diesel trucks can make lots of power and be a lot of fun to drive, and still be used like a truck. The dragstrip for me is just a way to find out what it's actually got.

It's a hobby like anything else, I get that. There's 2 reasons I don't own a diesel truck:
1-Don't tow anything that requires it
2-It would quickly become a toy...the last thing I need is something else to sink money into.

If you've got a diesel that you actually bought to do some work and decided to toy with it too great....if you bought a diesel as a toy to take to the strip...well that's retarded (in my opinion anyway)

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Haha. I can somewhat agree. I myself pull HEAVY so I need the oilburner, but there are quite a few guys around here making dirt for a paycheck who's only goal in life is to talk sh*t and roll smoke on ricers and pedestrians at stoplights, those guys are retarded. If you are performance shop who's goal is to make diesels fast by all means buy one for that purpose but if you need to haul a lawnmower and a bass boat stick with the gasburner. If you've gotta have one to pull and are fine with flipping the bill when something breaks, why not do a little playing with it and make it run, and improve the economy while your at it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's like this....nobody runs these things at full power all the time. The big tunes aren't much good for daily driving, street tires won't even begin to hold the power. The dd tune would be somewhere in the high 11's. Most of that power isn't used often either. This thing is driven just like any other truck, no burnouts from every stop. Highway speed takes only about 65-70hp. I didn't build the engine, someone else did. There's no reason a built engine can't be reliable. I know of a couple real nasty Dmax farm trucks with lots of power if they want to use it. This engine has 20K miles so far. No it doesn't break down every other day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ackman

It's a hobby like anything else, I get that. There's 2 reasons I don't own a diesel truck:
1-Don't tow anything that requires it
2-It would quickly become a toy...the last thing I need is something else to sink money into.

If you've got a diesel that you actually bought to do some work and decided to toy with it too great....if you bought a diesel as a toy to take to the strip...well that's retarded (in my opinion anyway)

Mine tows occasionally but I didn't get it for that. A gas engine loses power at altitude. Going up a mountain grade my gas trucks would be screaming their guts out just to maintain 65. Diesel torque doesn't even feel the grades or altitude, you can accelerate from 65 to over 100 very quickly. Yes it's a toy and making power isn't cheap. But I don't have a boat or a Corvette.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Does my throat hurt? Yeah from laughing at the crap USMCSS is spewing. I could give a $hit less if your 2 wheeler is a drag truck. 1/4 mile isn't the measure of a rig where I live. Carry on with the chest puffing. mtmuley

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Haha. Nice to see your in a good mood mtmuley. Once again look up the definition of a truck. Noone gives a sh*t what a "truck "is where your from. A 2wd is just as much a truck as a 4wd, how many long haul rigs do you see with a front diff? Are they not trucks where you live? Argument invalid. I've got 2wd and I've got a 4wd and the 4wd hasn't been driven in over a month now. Talk all the sh*t you want, if I wanted a 4wd to tow a trailer up the blacktop road I would have gotten one. Like it makes your rig better because you have an extra shifter and front diff. I thank you for allowing me to carry on with the chest puffing. I will return the favor and allow you to carry on with the nob gobbling.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (10gaugemag, 280fan, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 22magnut, 257 mag, 41 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,564
Posts18,510,686
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.