Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

Keep us posted.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The good news is only 5 houses have been lost in this fire so far, with 4 of them being confirmed from monday. So here's to hoping that the OP wasn't the 1 house that burned yesterday. I am hoping the best for everyone west of here. The smoke from this fire has been filling to Helena valley every night this week making sleeping difficult and tough breathing, so you know it's a pretty bad fire.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers from Florida Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you have our prayers for a good outcome shortside.

we were worried about losin our cabin two years ago due to wildfire, took the day off and went and dropped 17 big white spruce trees anywhere from 5 ft. to 15 yards away from the structure. No fire insurance out there, unaffordable.

DNR had crews deployed with pumps in the creeks and rivers and sprinklers all around the cabins in our vicinity, am hopin they have a similar set up for you folks.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a similar threat this past Friday with a sagebrush fueled wildfire on public ground about a mile west of us. The agencies unleashed everything available and had it stomped out near sunset. Fortunate on the timing as the wind kicked up and did a 90 degree turn right toward town about then.

Unless they are overwhelmed by a huge fire, they typically put a lot of resources into defending structures. Good luck,

Last edited by 1minute; 08/21/13.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck, usually if you have a defensible area around the house they will work hard to protect it. They can put retardant around the house and station a engine on it. My son was deployed to Yellowstone with one of the local fire trucks Monday, if your fire gets much worse he might be sent your direction.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm all for us praying he stays safe.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hoping for the best for you. It's tough to think about what could happen, but I see on the inci-web site' structure protection is the number one priority. It helps to know the fire fighters will give your house the very best chance they can.

This is a really bad year for fires in the west. Lightning strikes are pushing the resources against these fires to the limit. Fall rains and snow can't come quick enough in most places.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Prayers sent.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Prayers sent and wish you the best.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the goverment and I'm here to help. Ronald Reagan
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Will be praying. Wildfires are wild thats for sure. YOu never know.

I've seen houses that should be gone, still there and vice versa so don't give up or stop praying.

But be thankful you got out and had some time, the house can be replaced.

We went to a call last night where something was lost that can never be replaced. A life.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Any word tonight?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by shortside
My wife and I build it from the basement up in 2006. We have a raging fire that has traveled over 6 miles to get here, but we were evacuated with enough notice to get the important stuff, but that is about it. I left town for work jsut before the family was pushed out.

We designed, drew, planned and built it ourselves. It was a bit more than we needed, but our three kids love the lifestyle that it affords us, including hunting, trapping, fort building, etc. The kids are going to be tough to console if it goes. Any advice is welcome.

Lots of blood and sweat went into it, and it kills me to think it may go up in smoke tonight. We do live in a small valley off the highway, quiet, timbered ridges, nice valley floor.

Any prayers are welcome, not only for me, but the 50 other homes as well. My neighbors are good people, and are just as stressed out.

The heck of it is I am on the other side of Montana. The fire is in Lolo, MT (Lolo Complex) so you can take a look online. I live in Sleeman Gulch.

Regards,

Shortside

SS,

You and others built in a fire prone forest in the middle of a well-known world record drought resulting in record timber lack-of moisture content cuz you still want your semi-privacy and you think it won't happen to you. Example....the Colorado Springs-Black Forest folks.........with 500 homes lost.

The rest of us gotta live in a concrete jungle non-forested area if we wanna not take the chance.

You gambled knowingly........and ya lost. Nut up.

Quit yer whining now.

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 08/21/13.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kindness can often be too rare a commodity.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter

SS,

You and others built in a fire prone forest in the middle of a well-known world record drought resulting in record timber lack-of moisture content cuz you still want your semi-privacy and you think it won't happen to you. Example....the Colorado Springs-Black Forest folks.........with 500 homes lost.

The rest of us gotta live in a concrete jungle non-forested area if we wanna not take the chance.

Quit yer whining now.

What the [bleep] is wrong with you?

Stush
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by shortside
My wife and I build it from the basement up in 2006. We have a raging fire that has traveled over 6 miles to get here, but we were evacuated with enough notice to get the important stuff, but that is about it. I left town for work jsut before the family was pushed out.

We designed, drew, planned and built it ourselves. It was a bit more than we needed, but our three kids love the lifestyle that it affords us, including hunting, trapping, fort building, etc. The kids are going to be tough to console if it goes. Any advice is welcome.

Lots of blood and sweat went into it, and it kills me to think it may go up in smoke tonight. We do live in a small valley off the highway, quiet, timbered ridges, nice valley floor.

Any prayers are welcome, not only for me, but the 50 other homes as well. My neighbors are good people, and are just as stressed out.

The heck of it is I am on the other side of Montana. The fire is in Lolo, MT (Lolo Complex) so you can take a look online. I live in Sleeman Gulch.

Regards,

Shortside

SS,

Quit yer whining now.

The Flagstaff drunk is back.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Stush

SS,

Quit yer whining now.

What the [bleep] is wrong with you?

Uuummmmmm........born into a family where cry baby rich folk just don't get sympathy.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
StripBuck, you are simply out of line. And not even close to realistic. If we did away with every homesite that might be at risk in a fire, then we must also do away with every homesite that might be at risk to earthquake (most of California all the way to Seattle and even a huge chunk of Missouri), and then all the places that might flood (far too numerous to mention), all the places that are prone to hurricanes (From TX to FL to ME), and then all of the country in tornado country.

What is left is basically Duluth. And frankly there are already too many people up there.

Friggin' idiot. Meanwhile the silence from Shortside is ominous. I suppose he might not even know one way or the other at this point.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just when I thought I had things rough...

Sincere prayers and earnest well wishes, OP...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Very classy...not.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.